Online Trophies Obtainable again? (Custom Servers)

Brg_lettus

So From this video (and Other places I've seen) People are trying to bring back the servers for Guitar hero 5, Band hero and Warriors of Rock. This Server seems to be a Private WIP. The Trophies can be earned the same way before the server shutdown, however I'm not quite sure if this is accessed through an unmodded PS3 or CFW So we'll have to wait and see if these custom servers are as legit in earning trophies as the actual servers from years ago.

• Like 1

We need the Supreme Lords of integrity and legitimacy with their superior knowledge, to have access to such code that makes up the server and, due to their great wisdom inaccessible by beings as small as us, to be able to guide such tiny people whether or not they can play on these servers. Until then, unfortunately, we will remain in existential doubt whether this server can be considered safe and legitimate for trophy hunting.

Just now, kevao97 said:

We need the Supreme Lords of integrity and legitimacy with their superior knowledge, to have access to such code that makes up the server and, due to their great wisdom inaccessible by beings as small as us, to be able to guide such tiny people whether or not they can play on these servers. Until then, unfortunately, we will remain in existential doubt whether this server can be considered safe and legitimate for trophy hunting.

K dude

16 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

As with every other custom server that's revived or attempting to revive, it won't be considered legit on this site until approved by the CRT and is also open source. 

Aka I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Fair Enough, Just wanted to bring light to a possibility that Certain guitar heroes could be obtainable again

By chance I started looking into this myself just as this thread was posted and I’ve been scrambling to sign in ever since lol. The GH5 online trophies have been haunting me for years! I don’t know dingle about reviving servers, but If there’s anything I can do to pitch in at all let me know! Even if it’s just trophy boosting if/when possible.

Unfortunately the like, 2, unpaid mods who are the end all be all of all things digital code and server creation, hosting and management, must first have access to the custom server code which also must be public AND ONLY THEN will they make a decision on it. Their knowledge is limitless, their time is never ending, and their judgements are most pure.

Edited by StanPortrBridges
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

On 7/23/2023 at 4:31 AM, Brg_lettus said:

So From this video (and Other places I've seen) People are trying to bring back the servers for Guitar hero 5, Band hero and Warriors of Rock. This Server seems to be a Private WIP. The Trophies can be earned the same way before the server shutdown, however I'm not quite sure if this is accessed through an unmodded PS3 or CFW So we'll have to wait and see if these custom servers are as legit in earning trophies as the actual servers from years ago.

I checked their discord servers and all you have to do is change your DNS. No CFW needed.

@kilodawe bro! You should keep an eye on this!

Edited by ViperLance34
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Any new developments on this front? I checked the Warehouse Discord to see what was up there, and as far as I could tell, the GH-ps3 servers are still just a private beta, however it also seemed as if they should be up and running. Haven't had any luck connecting with any games myself tho, which very well could be my fault for setting up something wrong or whatever, but since its very hard to get any sort of reply from the (seemingly one) person working on these particular servers, I really can't even begin to tell where the problem is. I do see some suspiciously recent achievers on the various online-only trophies here on psnprofiles tho, so it seems as if some people are getting it done somehow, so here I am, asking and digging for some answers as to how to do this😅

I had originally made my peace with never getting a plat in GH5, Warriors of Rock or Band Hero, thus just playing them for fun, but now that it's starting to seem like its actually possible to get these damned roadblock-trophies knocked out, my GH trophy-hunting instincts are stirring again and I need answers dammit😂

Anyways, hit me up if you know anything, or keep me in the back of your mind if you ever need some assistance with some of these trophies, provided the servers actually goes public properly at some point👍🤞

Also, I whipped together a list of trophies in GH-games that *requires* online play that potentially could be made available again provided these servers at some point becomes active. I'll post them here for referance, might be usefull to some down the line🙂

But first some disclaimers:

The list isn't verified by anyone else yet, I just skimmed the trophy-lists and guides for these games and put it together, so there could be some missing, some errors etc. Also, there are several trophies that would be significantly easier to get with online-functionality restored, but that are still technically attaineable offline. These are not included in the list.

Guitar Hero Online-trophies:

BAND HERO:

• Face to Face

Complete 25 online Pro Face-Off matches, win or lose

• Till Death Do Us Part

Play an online Do or Die game

• M.C.

Host an online Career game and play a song

GUITAR HERO 5:

• Ménage à Huit

Play an online match with 8 players, all on the same instrument

• Outgoing

Complete 25 Pro Face Off matches online (Win or Lose)

• Rocktopus

Make a standard 8-player Band v Band match online, win or lose

• Sampler Plate

Play at least one song in Quickplay, Career and each Competitive game type

GUITAR HERO: WARRIORS OF ROCK:

• Tracker of Deeds

Follow any five Hero Feed items (Online only)

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA:

• Black

Win an online battle match with the Fade to Black power up

• Better Than You

Win an online Pro Face-Off match

• Blitzkrieg

Win an online Band v Band match (8 players)

• Seek and Destroy

Play 20 online matches

• The Unforgiven

Win an online Face-Off match

• The Unforgiven II

Win an online Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

• The Unforgiven III

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

GUITAR HERO: SMASH/GREATEST HITS:

• Face to Face

Win an online Pro Face-Off match.

• You Cannot Beat Me

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more.

• Killing In The Name

Win 50 online matches.

• You Should Be Afraid

Win an online Face-Off match.

• Play With Me

Play 20 online matches

• Clash Of The Titans

Win a Band vs. Band match (8 players).