Some Saints Row trophies can autopop in co-op

Kolm

Today I started the PS4 version for the first time to join a friend on the PS5 version for the co-op trophy.

I already got the platinum in the PS5 version and the PS4 version is installed on the same PS5 as I played the PS5 version on.

He already had all trophies except the co-op trophy.

When first joining the tourist trophy (Complete the photo scavenger hunt) popped but nothing more because he loaded another save from before he started the DLC and that kicked me from the session.

When I joined the second time some more trophies popped:

- Community outreach (Complete 10 districts)

- Neighborly (Complete 5 districts)

- Always be hustling (Complete all side hustles)

I assume they popped because I joined his session in which those requirements were already completed. I also got a lot of 'Completed' pop-ups right after joining.

My autosave also said I completed the game for 24% while I didn't even start a solo campaign at all and went straight to join him.

Another theory is that they popped because my completed PS5 saves are on the same PS5 that I was now playing the PS4 version on.
But that would be the first time that I read about a PS4 game checking a PS5 savefile so I highly doubt that's the case.
In that case I would've also expected my autosave to be nearer to 100%.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

I've heard of this for Saint's Row. When I got my coop trophy, I did it by joining a random player (after several attempts) when our session ended I went to look at his trophies. He was halfway through the story, because when we played we were playing one of the story missions and he had trophies that would be nearly impossible to get at that point. I mean not "impossible" but most people don't do ALL the side stuff before doing the story, and the guy's reaction while we were playing suggested he was kind of new to the game.

Unfortunately I didn't think to ask him if trophies popped while we were playing. I had most of them at the time, so surely he got some auto popping ones from my side? Which is weird if he did, because I went in his game, not the other way around. But he had the trophy for clearing all districts for example, there's no way you can get that halfway through the game since the last ventures pop up pretty late. Yet, there were some super easy beginner trophies he didn't have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

I've heard of this for Saint's Row. When I got my coop trophy, I did it by joining a random player (after several attempts) when our session ended I went to look at his trophies. He was halfway through the story, because when we played we were playing one of the story missions and he had trophies that would be nearly impossible to get at that point. I mean not "impossible" but most people don't do ALL the side stuff before doing the story, and the guy's reaction while we were playing suggested he was kind of new to the game.

Unfortunately I didn't think to ask him if trophies popped while we were playing. I had most of them at the time, so surely he got some auto popping ones from my side? Which is weird if he did, because I went in his game, not the other way around. But he had the trophy for clearing all districts for example, there's no way you can get that halfway through the game since the last ventures pop up pretty late. Yet, there were some super easy beginner trophies he didn't have.

In my case I joined the one with a completed game so ingame I would see his completion stuff for the districts.
I don't know what would've happened if he joined my (empty) game just after I finished the tutorial.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2023 at 1:55 AM, Kolm said:

Today I started the PS4 version for the first time to join a friend on the PS5 version for the co-op trophy.

I already got the platinum in the PS5 version and the PS4 version is installed on the same PS5 as I played the PS5 version on.

He already had all trophies except the co-op trophy.

When first joining the tourist trophy (Complete the photo scavenger hunt) popped but nothing more because he loaded another save from before he started the DLC and that kicked me from the session.

When I joined the second time some more trophies popped:

- Community outreach (Complete 10 districts)

- Neighborly (Complete 5 districts)

- Always be hustling (Complete all side hustles)

I assume they popped because I joined his session in which those requirements were already completed. I also got a lot of 'Completed' pop-ups right after joining.

My autosave also said I completed the game for 24% while I didn't even start a solo campaign at all and went straight to join him.

Another theory is that they popped because my completed PS5 saves are on the same PS5 that I was now playing the PS4 version on.
But that would be the first time that I read about a PS4 game checking a PS5 savefile so I highly doubt that's the case.
In that case I would've also expected my autosave to be nearer to 100%.

can confirm if you join someone else game, and they have completed the requirements your trophies pop.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can confirm too, 3 trophies popped for me when I joined someone for prankster trophy, but if Im reading this correctly, it is not possible to pop the platinum this way? I completed the main story (killing Nahualli) but Im not looking forward to get all the other collectible trophies and venture trophies. So maybe I can join a lobby from someone here who already has the platinum to see if the other trophies pop also??

Edited by DCS_RStyles046

8 minutes ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

Can confirm too, 3 trophies popped for me when I joined someone for prankster trophy, but if Im reading this correctly, it is not possible to pop the platinum this way? I completed the main story (killing Nahualli) but Im not looking forward to get all the other collectible trophies and venture trophies. So maybe I can join a lobby from someone here who already has the platinum to see if the other trophies pop also??

The person I joined had all trophies except the prankster trophy. So other trophies probably won't pop by joining someone with the platinum.
Joining co-op this late might also glitch progress towards the challenges (they can stop tracking after joining co-op).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kolm said:

The person I joined had all trophies except the prankster trophy. So other trophies probably won't pop by joining someone with the platinum.
Joining co-op this late might also glitch progress towards the challenges (they can stop tracking after joining co-op).

Than Im pretty f*cked. I joined someone for the prankster trophy when I was halfway the story and Im now doing the clean up but didnt notice yet that some stuff stopped tracking. This plat is somehow a chaos for me idk why but sometimes I dont even know what I have to complete for the plat and what I can left behind, like the beacon requirements I dont even know where they are, and some venture mission I dont see on my map and also a lot of side hussles and treaths I just dont see on my map. Im getting so confused with this platinum that Im thinking about leaving it for what it is, the previous SR platinums were much easier to track. Also one of the trophies that autopopped was the scavenger hunt, but I still need to do them all for the All mine trophy, just like the District trophies, 5 and 10 districts autpopped but I probably have to do them anyway for the All mine progress… Do you have the plat? Maybe I can join your lobby to see what happens if you dont mind

Edited by DCS_RStyles046