Should I Replay This Now, or After the DLC Launches?

sepheroithisgod

I played the PS4 version and since the DLC is only on PS5, it means I'll need to go through it again, but I got a bit confused by some of the promotional information. It sounded like there were going to be a lot of changes to the base game as well, so wasn't sure if I should just wait til the DLC comes out and do a fresh playthrough or start now.

23 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It sounded like there were going to be a lot of changes to the base game as well

6 minutes ago, ZeromusF4 said:

I forget where I saw it but the expansion will have significant changes to the base game

Well, that answers the question of whether or not to dig out my old PS5 save and try to remember where I left off or start the game over.

My vote is to start fresh when the DLC comes out.  I guess that's what I'll be doing.

Edited by Dreakon13

It's around 30€ so i suppose is quite big, basically an expansion or one of those DLC that could be a game on their own. I'm playing the game on Xbox Series X and almost done with the main storyline then i'll preorder the DLC but i always try not to be too hyped until the release...

The DLC should be playable during Act 2 so i suppose doesn't need to finish the main questline. Heard it will add a new ending tho.

Edited by DeathNyx

• 4 weeks later...

It was announced that September 26th a new patch 2.0 will be available, so it's probably best to wait for that if you didn't start already.

I platinumed it on patch 1.6 and got about 6 crashes in 110 hours of gameplay, not too bad, although I never had a PS5 game crash before.

Gameplay wise I would recommend to get the double jump as soon as possible it will help reduce the clunky feel of moving about and get you faster to where you need to go in the environment, also crafting skill max out achievement will help with getting better items, money.

All this considered in my opinion the game has a compelling story, good visuals, you can go more stealthy or guns blazing depending on playstyle, I had a lot of fun with it.

Platinum (light spoiler in the video):