Trophy tips in forums

I have just noticed that someone posted a trophy tip in a forum (not me) and a moderator locked the thread with the comment that the forums where not the place for trophy tips...

The forums are now the ONLY place for trophy tips left and a single official trophy tip thread in a game's forum would keep things neat.  The game was "Smart as" on the vita and 90% of the trophies are self explanitary, so a guide would be pointless. So I propose that users who wish to post tips are allowed to do so in a single thread for each game.  The alternative is to carry on using other sites which negates the purpose of adding the guide section.  Also banning people from being helpful seems rather antisocial and against the spirit of the site.

Edited by aerosol_grey

Thread lock is different to being banned, that is taking something small and turning it into something big. Being a drama queen is what results in being modded, free speech usually prevails.

A guide is usefull for all games, and that tip was for a self explanitory trophy so your argument is pretty much invalid in that sense.

I know some people wanted to keep tips, but it has been decided that that will not happen, so there isn't much to add really.

I now await the the same circular argument as last time until a mod locks the thread :)

Edited by Memnoch

I mean banning as in preventing discussion not banning as being kicked off of the site.  Locking a thread prevents replies and thus bans discussion.  It also suggests that posting tips is wrong and thus suppresses such posts. 

I have no problem with guides, were they exist they are great and I use them, but the percentage of games with guides is very small and the mods are swamped with new ones according to other posts, so posting the odd tip to a forum for a game that does not neeed a guide seems a good idea.

As for the tip itself, the fact that you can unlock the next difficulty by playing a mini-game of 5 separate dates is not included anywhere in the game and so is a valid tip.

Edited by aerosol_grey

why would you need discussion on a tip in any case ? Parker hasn't deleted it, so it's not as if it isn't available. I'm pretty sure the idea behind all of this is to make the forums cleaner.

Anywho, as I said, circular argument - not worth going into detail.

I mean banning as in preventing discussion not banning as being kicked off of the site.  Locking a thread prevents replies and thus bans discussion.  It also suggests that posting tips is wrong and thus suppresses such posts. 

I have no problem with guides, were they exist they are great and I use them, but the percentage of games with guides is very small and the mods are swamped with new ones according to other posts, so posting the odd tip to a forum for a game that does not neeed a guide seems a good idea.

As for the tip itself, the fact that you can unlock the next difficulty by playing a mini-game of 5 separate dates is not included anywhere in the game and so is a valid tip.

Of course the amount of guides is small right now. The guide system was launched about a month ago and the Guide Team has been getting tons of guides for reviewing. Once they go through all those guides this site will have a hell lot of guides I'm sure of that. And what Parker said was right, the forums aren't the place for posting Trophy Tips. I'm gonna go with Mem on this one and not comment any further.

Lets stop the circle jerk on this one...  This sort of thing is probably best to discuss either via PM with said mod, or direct with Lord Ripper himself.  Although I see where you are coming from, I do agree with Parkers decision on that particular thread.  If the post had been something more substantial than a general tip it wouldnt have been locked.

Other sites allow posting comments below the trophy guide, people can post tips on how to achieve certain trophies etc perhaps this would be a good solution for those who would like to add any tips

Although this is a valid suggestion, you guys may have missed this little feature on the guides...

If you look here https://psnprofiles.com/guide/577-Sly-Cooper-Thieves-in-Time-Trophy-Guide/comments as an example, you can comment away on the trophies and requirements outlined in the guide in a constructive manner.

Thread locked.

• Like 2