Okay, this is impressive...

Dreakon139

Here's famitsu's review.

Famitsu released many new details of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII-2, which received a perfect 40/40 review score:

• The length of main story is about 40 hours
  • The game will take 100+ hours to finish if you go though all the side quests and mini games
  • There are no corridor type straight paths in the game
  • The story is engaging right at the start, and easy to under even if you haven't played the first game
  • The party always consists of Noel, Serah and monsters
  • The battles will require the use of strategies to win
  • Beginners and light users can switch to Easy Mode for easier battles
  • The game has multiple endings, which makes you want to replay the game
  • You can always revisit areas you've cleared and find new things or events
  • Raising monsters and battle with monsters are fun
  • The differences between CG cutscene and realtime rendered scene are not high
  • Switching paradigms and monsters make the battles more interesting
  • There are many mini games

This one reminds me from another game.

http://i.imgur.com/QiPvK.jpg

• Like 1

What game are we talking about?

Dood... did you just spam a Final Fantasy Thread??? Shame on you!!!

anyway... after Final Fantasy 13 i was left with a bad taste in my mouth... i would still like to go back and try to platinum it but it is on the shelf collecting dust right now...

I will most likely buy it once it is on the cheap :)

Why did japan always get this game first but not the rest of the world like Canada? those people who has this game are lucky. IS this game harder the FF13 in difficulty wise.In FF13 I'm in chapter 7 and having alot of problems with enemies encouter.

Most games like Japanese RPGs come from Japan... not trying to be facetious here but if you think about it, it makes perfect sense... There is a translation that takes time and usually takes a lot longer in some cases...

I remember not getting any games at all or waiting a year or two to get a game from Japan... now days its actually a faster process...

Most games like Japanese RPGs come from Japan... not trying to be facetious here but if you think about it, it makes perfect sense... There is a translation that takes time and usually takes a lot longer in some cases...

I remember not getting any games at all or waiting a year or two to get a game from Japan... now days its actually a faster process...

Should I keep playing FF13 until they release FF13X 2? because I need to beat the game before then.

New DLC.

Square Enix released first screenshots of the DLC boss monster Omega, it is more powerful than the final boss, but once you defeated it, you can obtain its crystal and use it as a monster in your party. Amodar from the first game (superior of Lightning) will return, he shows up periodically and provide you with quiz questions, if you answer them right, something good will happen.

http://i.imgur.com/F9KRl.jpg

New DLC.

Square Enix released first screenshots of the DLC boss monster Omega, it is more powerful than the final boss, but once you defeated it, you can obtain its crystal and use it as a monster in your party. Amodar from the first game (superior of Lightning) will return, he shows up periodically and provide you with quiz questions, if you answer them right, something good will happen.

http://i.imgur.com/F9KRl.jpg

are you for real, seriously they are offering up a boss that is usually already in the game, they better not make you pay for this shit

• Like 2

Dood... did you just spam a Final Fantasy Thread??? Shame on you!!!

anyway... after Final Fantasy 13 i was left with a bad taste in my mouth... i would still like to go back and try to platinum it but it is on the shelf collecting dust right now...

I will most likely buy it once it is on the cheap :)

I was not spamming, nor do I spam. I just was interested in the conversation, and I wanted to know what everyone was talking about.

Guess you don't know about the DLC costumes as well?

http://i.imgur.com/EOHAZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D2G31.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kKgmh.jpg

See I don't mind something like that if they're less than £1 each or in a bundle but something that is already in-game in previous Final Fantasy games just begs the quest

Why the fuck did the take it out

Anyway I'll be buying the BIG (can't remember what it's called) Edition, and so hopefully its all in there

See I don't mind something like that if they're less than £1 each or in a bundle but something that is already in-game in previous Final Fantasy games just begs the quest

Why the fuck did the take it out

Anyway I'll be buying the BIG (can't remember what it's called) Edition, and so hopefully its all in there

You mean the Lightning bundle V2 edition or the pre-order one?

If its the pre-order it comes in 2 flavors.

The free goodies to people who pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 from certain retailers before its release on February 3rd. Check with your favourite retailer to see whether they’ll be stocking the exclusive pre-order pack. The pack contains the following:

• An exclusive steelbook case
  • A downloadable content pack, the "Fight In Style" pack, which contains a new recruitable monster (Omega) and alternate costumes for both Serah and Noel
  • FINAL FANTASY XIII -Episode i-, a novella that fills the gaps between FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
  • Three lithograph artcards, showing key images for the game

We’re also announcing today that FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 will be available in a Limited Collector’s Edition and a Crystal Edition. Check out the images and content lists below to see what each one contains.

Crystal Edition

• Presentation box
  • 4-Disc FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Original Soundtrack with premium digipak packaging*
  • Exclusive FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 T-Shirt from the SQUARE ENIX PRODUCTS range. Never to be available elsewhere!
  • Artwork book “The Art of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2”, featuring artwork across the production
  • 6 collectable postcards, featuring high quality CG artwork of main characters in the game
  • High Definition Lenticular Artprint, showing an iconic image of Lightning

*Original Soundtrack item for the Crystal Edition does not include the song “New World” performed by Charice. All other background music from the game is included

Limited Collector’s Edition

• Unique packaging
  • Composer Selected Soundtrack: CD with selection of music tracks from the game, specially chosen by the composers
  • Artwork book “The Art of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2”
  • 6 collectible postcards, featuring high quality CG artwork of main characters in the game
  • High Definition Lenticular Artprint, showing an iconic image of Lightning

dammit... i was at GameStop and saw this title advertised and something inside me said to pre-order it... im going back on my word but before i play XIII-2 im gonna try to platinum XIII... "TRY" being the key word in that sentence...

Looking at the trophies you still need you should be able to get the platinum, as they are all doable, but the Treasure Hunter trophy will be troublesome. If you decide to go back for the platinum, this guide for the Treasure Hunter trophy should help:

http://www.gamefaqs....xiii/faqs/59331

• Like 1

Looking at the trophies you still need you should be able to get the platinum, as they are all doable, but the Treasure Hunter trophy will be troublesome. If you decide to go back for the platinum, this guide for the Treasure Hunter trophy should help:

http://www.gamefaqs....xiii/faqs/59331

THANKS OWL!!!

that was nice of you to post a walkthrough for me :) I do plan on going back and getting it... i have a lot of the items but i just need some of those platinum ingots (or whatever they are)... oh and for some reason, even after using a guide, i couldn't beat Orphan with 5 stars... maybe with a little practice i will remember the battle system and work on this again... i miss the days where you could just grind to ridiculously high levels and just overpower everything, lol

for some reason, even after using a guide, i couldn't beat Orphan with 5 stars

Lightning, Fang, Hope. Stagger as quickly as possible with Rav/Rav/Rav. Once staggered, switch to Com/Com/Com and pummel him until he is beaten. You need to do it in one stagger though. Also, you could use Lightning's Army of One to bring the stagger up before switching to Com/Com/Com if struggling. And remember it's only the last (third) fight you need the five star, the previous two don't matter.

• 1 month later...

Lightning, Fang, Hope. Stagger as quickly as possible with Rav/Rav/Rav. Once staggered, switch to Com/Com/Com and pummel him until he is beaten. You need to do it in one stagger though. Also, you could use Lightning's Army of One to bring the stagger up before switching to Com/Com/Com if struggling. And remember it's only the last (third) fight you need the five star, the previous two don't matter.

Posts like this make absolutely no sence...until you actually start playing the Final Fantasy game...:) Then everything is academic. It's always been like that...you're part of an exclusive club once you've played the game...can FF-Speak so to say.

Nevertheless...my whole inquiring question: better than FF V or worse...not counting the eyecandy, of course.

Posts like this make absolutely no sence...until you actually start playing the Final Fantasy game... :) Then everything is academic. It's always been like that...you're part of an exclusive club once you've played the game...can FF-Speak so to say.

Nevertheless...my whole inquiring question: better than FF V or worse...not counting the eyecandy, of course.

I completely understand what you mean by FF-Speak, I'm the same with Skyrim. I couldn't tell you if it's better than FF V as XIII is the only Final Fantasy I've played. I don't know how the series passed me by for so long, it was only when I joined gaming forums did I really become aware of the series. The main criticism was that it was too linear, but I don't remember ever having a problem with that. Even if it isn't better than V, it's a Final Fantasy game, so you know it has good pedigree.