Some of these puzzles are bee ess!

epher350

I only beat this game by "cheating" on the internet, but i'm srsly thinking that some of these puzzles are unsolvable unless you check every possible permutation/combination. The two that really got me are the cash register and the big clock with the date/time thing....I swear the game never had any clues to actually help you solve these! I found all the files, read them all as far as I know, and how I was supposed to figure these out is beyond me. The weird key with the three shapes also had solutions that I still don't understand, a couple of them made sense but not all! But that can't be,....right? Surely it just went over my head in some places. So that's where you come in! Do you have the answers to these still unsolved mysteries? I'm dying to know!

The cash register puzzle there’s a giant poster in the previous room that’s so out of place that I figured it had to be a clue for something close by lol The clock puzzle yeah I had no idea what the devs were thinking like a random paintings involving swords represent the hands? I had to use the internet for that one and the heartbeat knock puzzle. It’s a good game though I’m glad it exists and am excited for the sequel they just announced, but I hope they don’t retain the obscure puzzles this game had. 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman

Hmmm, I'll have to check around the clock for those paintings, if I ever play the game again. I remember the poster for the cash register and knew that was supposed to be a clue somehow, but still don't know how I was supposed to decipher it. Might as well be an alien language!

And I agree with you about the sequel. I hope it doesn't drop and the entire gaming community takes weeks to figure the game out, it would suck to have to stop/start days at a time, over and over again!

• 4 weeks later...

For the cash register you must take the poster info from the previous room, alongside a document in the cash register area that shows some notes from the guy that knows the code, and i think you can figure out. i didn't do it myself but when i saw the poster and this specific document, it seems like it was relevant.

But yeah these puzzles are seriously so old school. Reminds me a lot of the Alone in the Dark: The new Nightmare ones. I played this as a kid, and never got around to figure them out without a guide.

TV/Safe combination was also a bit off to me

• 2 months later...

Every puzzle has clues. The problem is uncovering the exact logic the developers had in mind. I tend to overthink... everything, so my reasoning sometimes took me down a more convoluted, but incorrect, path. Later on in the game, I had to resort to a guide more than I'd like, usually to nudge me in the right direction.

About those combination keys, honestly, titling your head to the left on 3 of those doors (excluding the alien/Pharaoh/bee door) is probably the most "efficient" advice I could give. I was able to see the logic just by altering my perspective a bit. 

I was also stumped by the cash register code, but the clues are there, as mentioned. With the clock one, I kept thinking the solution was buried in my notes, because there were a couple times and a few key dates listed. All it takes is knowing that the paintings are the key, and the answer is fairly easy to decipher. I think that one was inspired by Resident Evil Remake, so I should have realized what was going on haha.

The worst puzzle was the TV dial one, not because it's difficult, but because the dial isn't programmed right (at least on PS4). It refused to consistently rotate in the direction I selected, usually to the left. I looked at a guide to see if I misunderstood something. Nothing. I finally found a commenter on YouTube with the same issue and the solution: I had to place the cursor on the corners before pressing X, which increased the likelihood the dial would cooperate. I'm curious if the PS5 version has the same problem.

Overall, I enjoyed the challenge. But I didn't have the persistence to ruminate over a puzzle for hours when I was stumped. There're too many games, and not enough time for that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

[…]

The worst puzzle was the TV dial one, not because it's difficult, but because the dial isn't programmed right (at least on PS4). It refused to consistently rotate in the direction I selected, usually to the left. I looked at a guide to see if I misunderstood something. Nothing. I finally found a commenter on YouTube with the same issue and the solution: I had to place the cursor on the corners before pressing X, which increased the likelihood the dial would cooperate. I'm curious if the PS5 version has the same problem.

[…] 

Yes. PS5 version has the same wonky situation with the dial. Quite irksome. 🤣

• Like 1

Sorry, forgot about this post for a while there!

So to recap, the cash register solution is from the wall poster and another note in the same room. Yeah, I saw those, it made zero sense to me. Idk if it's binary, hexadecimals or just some kind of alien coordinate system, but literally gibberish to me. Given that you have to have the contents of the register, to me this one was the hardest puzzle of them all.

I thought the clock one involved going through all your files to find one specific reference to some obscure date/time, but apparently the actual clues are to be found in the architecture of the clock room itself? Perhaps there's paintings with certain numbers of objects to represent numbers of month/time/etc. or something like that? I don't remember the room now, but this seems plausible.

The key for the four doors was kind of lame because my wrong answers were still more plausible to me as being what the actual answer should have been. Too many possible interpretations. But you can still "brute-force" your way through them if you have to, so there's that.

I remember the TV, don't remember if I had to look that one up or not, but def could have had a better dial on it!