Giving up on this game

Exovector

Sorry for the negative thread title, but I really needed to vent my frustrations with this game and - specifically - the trophy list.

I just can't help but feel like the list was thrown together with the most basic attention to the in-game actions required to trigger some of them. Like, if whoever put the trophy list together had sat down with whoever playtested it, they'd know that there's almost 0% chance that some of these would occur naturally. The worst examples I can think of are:

• Get Outta There: Drag out 20 victims from inside hiding objects. - in 20 hours of play (mainly as Family), I found a sum total of one person hiding like this.
  • Mine All Mine: Execute all four victims in a single match. - you're basically reliant on both your own team, and the other team, being completely useless. I was also really close to getting this and then the final Victim just quit, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Fixer: During a single match stop the generator, fix the fusebox and open the pressure valve. - again, everyone on your team needs to do nothing while you also survive long enough to get this done.

I get that it's a multiplayer game and that you want to have a few trophies in there to keep people playing, but the design of these just runs counter to the flow of the game. That combined with multiple technical issues (I can't level Johnny up at all, Perking Up is bugged, those lobby wait times!) mean that I've decided to ditch it altogether. I know you can boost them, but having to schedule a session with six others to tick off MP trophies ain't my idea of fun.

It's just so disappointing: trophies are a great way to keep you engaged with MP games across the longer term, but it's so obvious that Gun / Sumo don't care about them at all. 😤

Edited by Exovector
  • Like 1

Aside from some of the trophies being so anti-public match, the XP system is extremely egregious when it comes to payout. You have to do everything under the sun to get decent XP as a Victim, so you can't even be proficient in escaping fast because you'll get only 500-600 XP.

Also getting a Victim to the gallows is nigh impossible legit, I never came across anyone who jumped out of the window to even get to execute them that way. DbD has some weird trophies, but nothing this intensive (in the sense of the stars aligning to get the chance to do it).

• Like 1

Fixer is very easy to do, if someone has already done one of the objectives already. You can just turn back on the valve, pull the fuse box again and kick the generator (if it's already off just wait for the cooldown turn it back on and kick it).  Most killers will just RQ if there's a super quick escape by most of the team, leaving the whole map open to you.  I recommend slaughterhouse for this, Id pop the valve to get the killers in the basement/camping valve exit, then hit the fuse box keeping them in the basement for longer then finish off with the generator.

As for get outta there you're going to have to boost that.  100+hours and I only had 4 legit hiding spot pull-outs.  There is zero incentive for victims to use the hiding spots.

Mine all mine can be done ez depending on your build and skill level.

23 hours ago, Maahniac said:

I'm also really worried about some of my remaining trophies. 10 Gallows Executions, 20 Hiding Victims and 4 Encounter Wins as Family will all be very difficult to do legit, and I dislike boosting, because of how difficult it is to organize.

Just set up a session on here, it’s not that difficult.

I prefer TCM’s trophy list over Friday The 13th