PS Cloud saves not recognized, any ideas?

HansPatat050

I've played the game on my PS4 with the last saves dating back to September 2020. I've recently bought the digital version, downloaded all files from the PS cloud (Autosave, Profile Settings and Player) and started the game. It started with the prologue, I went to menu, load games, alert prompted:

"All save data slots are empty. Cannot load a game."

It seems that the saves are not recognized. Things I tried:

Bought second hand disc version, installed it without updates and loaded the files, no luck.

Tried with updates, nope.

Only downloaded autosave, none of the other files, still not working.

It seems I'm not the only one with this problem according to some googling, but I haven't read a viable solution. What could be the issue is that the saves have a diffent version of the current game build and therefore the new version doesn't recognize the saves.

I was 90 hours in, finished the story and wanted to start the online version. I love the game but not looking forward to start all over again.

What I think could be a solution is to have someone load my saves on the updated ps4 version and resave the bunch. 

Anyone who recognizes the issue and has any ideas how to solve?

I'm assuming you're playing on a PS5. If you press the options button on the game icon and then select the upload/download save data, it should only show the cloud data there if it's compatible with the version of the game you have installed.

So if it doesn't show the cloud data there, it's probably for another SKU and won't work. If it does show the data there, and it's not recognised by the game, then it's an issue with the game itself, which would be more unlikely.

Thanks all for your advices!

Yesterday I remembered all of a sudden that I digitally bought the game on an account via the Indonesian store. I just logged in to that account, downloaded the game as it was still available in my games library, fired her up via my main account and it works! All saves are there. 85% in, 100% story completion

Still a looong way to go, including replaying for the friends with benefits, but luckily I didn't lose my 90hr game.