DLC question

bikeman223

I originally purchased this game digitally via my UK account to use on my primary UAE account to get around playing a censored version (didn't work by the way). If I bought Phantom Liberty via my UAE account would I still be able to play it with the game as it exists on my primary account or is PS5 DLC account-locked? Back in the PS3 days it was inconsistent and judging by the google results it still looks like a case-by-case basis today. So do you think I should purchase the add-on content on my UK or UAE account? Any insights would be appreciated.

Edited by bikeman223

The region locking situation with DLCs hasn't changed and almost certainly never will. DLCs are either region and/or account locked in virtually all cases so if you want to play this DLC, you have to get it from the same region you got the game from but if it's account locked as well, you are completely screwed, because then it can only be used on that one account :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Don't know about UK and UEA regions , but due to the shutdown of Russian PSstore me and other gamers who'd like to buy new games or DLC buy them in different regions (Ukraine, Turkey, Poland) and in these regions DLCs most likely to have not only russian language, but also be 100% compatible with games on my main account.😐

I personally bought DLCs for Cities Skylines, Yaga, Stellaris, Dying Light 2 and pre-ordered Phantom Liberty