Pain Builds Character Trophy Help

Trugo314

I beat inFAMOUS 2 as evil Cole. I started a new game as good Cole and decided to play on hard. (2 birds, 1 stone) After I beat the prologue, a message came up saying, "Based on your actions in the previous mission, we will promote you to hard difficulty." Will this still unlock the trophy? Or does it have to be the entire way through, including the prologue?

Edited by Trugo314

Yes, it will still unlock the trophy. It might take a minute or two to show up though. I think I recall mine popping up halfway through or after the credits.

Edit: If you mean by starting a new game, then yes you have to do the prologue again.

Edited by omegarevan

I beat inFAMOUS 2 as evil Cole. I started a new game as good Cole and decided to play on hard. (2 birds, 1 stone) After I beat the prologue, a message came up saying, "Based on your actions in the previous mission, we will promote you to hard difficulty." Will this still unlock the trophy? Or does it have to be the entire way through, including the prologue?

You have to change the difficulty before starting a new game for the trophy to pop.

• Like 1

Just to be sure, I would start a new game, switch the difficulty to Hard, and then start a new game again. That way it will be on Hard the entire play through and no risk of missing it because the game cares if you watched the cutscene on hard.