Super Shiny Trophy

kuramademonfox

How many holos have you guys managed to get so far? (I'm sitting at a solid 0/15). Do you think they'll add holos into the "player market"? There's an option to search for them within the market, but I'm doubtful. If anyone has any tips, or 2k releases challenges/rewards for them please let people know below. So far I've just been completing the challenges that give pack rewards and hoping for the best. Assuming the WNBA trophy gets fixed soon, this one seems like it'll be the last trophy everyone gets. 

• Like 2

I only was able to get one holo card, just from opening packs and got it when I least expected it. As of right now, it is completely random. It is better I heard to wait till later like maybe all star break where they might release packs relating to those holo cards. Maybe even end of year is better than that. I hope atleast WNBA gets patched . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cashed out all the MT I got from playing the game this season on Series 1 packs. I bought the 20 pack boxes when I could, then when I slipped under the required 75k I bought singles.

Anyways, from 72 packs I got one holographic card. I honestly haven't played a huge amount this season - this was my first time actually on the game in like 2 weeks - but I have opened all the promo packs and a few other Series 1 packs earned as rewards, and this is my first holo. If I had to guess my total packs opened at this point it would probably be around 150. Since there's no real re-sale market I do think that Series 1 packs are the way to go if you absolutely want to get this trophy soon, but unless you are a glutton for punishment you are probably better off waiting and hoping for free holos later in the year, or at least increased drop-rates.

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news today:

In the pack market there is a "deluxe holo pack" for the new tournament set. It costs 21,000 MT or 15,000 VC but it promises a "high chance of pulling a holo card". If you've been sitting on MT this is probably a really good opportunity. It doesn't look like there is a limit on the number you can buy, but likely will only stay in the pack market for the next week. I'd like to be able to open around 10 but we shall see!

Update: After selling almost everything that wasn't unauctionable (including my Amythest Vince Carter - RIP) I had enough for 5 packs. From the 5 packs I got 3 holographic cards. I've spent easily 400k on packs previously, in addition to various unauctionable/reward ones, and had one holo in that whole time. So if you've saved up I would say go for it! If you are sitting on 500k+ right now the odds are seemingly in your favour of being able to grab 13 holos even if you currently are at 0.

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, VersusCA said:

Some good news today:

In the pack market there is a "deluxe holo pack" for the new tournament set. It costs 21,000 MT or 15,000 VC but it promises a "high chance of pulling a holo card". If you've been sitting on MT this is probably a really good opportunity. It doesn't look like there is a limit on the number you can buy, but likely will only stay in the pack market for the next week. I'd like to be able to open around 10 but we shall see!

Update: After selling almost everything that wasn't unauctionable (including my Amythest Vince Carter - RIP) I had enough for 5 packs. From the 5 packs I got 3 holographic cards. I've spent easily 400k on packs previously, in addition to various unauctionable/reward ones, and had one holo in that whole time. So if you've saved up I would say go for it! If you are sitting on 500k+ right now the odds are seemingly in your favour of being able to grab 13 holos even if you currently are at 0.

800k mt I pulled 8, already had 2 so now sitting at 10, need to pull atleast 1 pg and there's only 2 in the packs

Edited by Pairuka

35 minutes ago, Pairuka said:

800k mt I pulled 8, already had 2 so now sitting at 10, need to pull atleast 1 pg and there's only 2 in the packs

Good point about the lack of PGs in these packs. It might be smartest to hold off on trying to finish for now - surely this will not be the last time all year that they do this, and besides the low chance of getting a PG there's also a high chance of getting duplicate holos the more you try to get from this set.

Just to be clear you only actually need 1 player from each position to have a qualifying lineup. If you don't have a backup it will tell you that you risk forfeiting but you can still boot a match, and if you do something quick like the free throw challenge you aren't exactly at risk of your player getting hurt anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrindMaster said:

I might be the unluckiest player ever. Almost 25 packs opened (over 500k MT spent) and I have only received 1 holo card. Is anyone else experiencing similar odds? Its less than 4% pull rate currently for me, and nowhere near the 20% being claimed by 2k.

I bought 3 of those packs and got one holo. I'm just going to hold off till there's a better way.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:25 AM, LucienNL said:

There will be a holo event like previous years. Not wasting MT on bad odds. Later you can get 100% holos in agendas like 2k22 and 2k23

I have opened 30 packs now and only got 1 holo card. So newhere near the 20% probability that's being claimed by 2K. Guess I will have to wait for next promo or agendas

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheGrindMaster said:

I have opened 30 packs now and only got 1 holo card. So newhere near the 20% probability that's being claimed by 2K. Guess I will have to wait for next promo or agendas

Yeah, I’m skeptical, I opened 11 of the “Holo” packs before giving up and I’m still sat on Zero. I get 2K want me to spend money and if they were just like “here are Holo players at £17.99 each” I’d 100% just buy all 13 to save myself hard-grind time and enjoy playing the game but the random/uncertain nature of these packs feels like too rough of a deal to bother.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new 25th anniversary set is actually a really good opportunity to get this.

Specifically, the 10-pack base box for 38k MT is a great way to make some MT while also increasing collector level, completing miscellaneous collections, and giving you a crack at pulling holos. It works because it has an increased chance of 80+ rated card, at the same time that they have greatly raised the price for emeralds and sapphires in the 25th anniversary set since it has all the big names like Bol Bol, Tacko etc. These emeralds sell for ~7.5k while the sapphires sell for close to 11k, so you only need a little bit of pack luck across the 10 packs in a box in order to make your money back. If you happen to get an amythest you are guaranteed profit from the box, diamonds give you about 2x the cost of the box, but I only pulled 1 the whole time.

I spent the better part of 3 hours doing nothing but opening these packs and managed to finish my holographic collection having spent absolutely no money on microtransactions in this game all year. Obviously, this is a really, really boring method so have something else to do in the meantime. I played the entire Walking Dead: Michonne game start to finish while ripping packs.

Remember that this is still gambling. I absolutely had dry streaks of 4 or 5 boxes of crap where I lost MT. Therefore if you are starting with low MT on hand, there is still some risk. But in the long run the odds are actually favourable, at least for now. On average you will make around 3-6k per box, which isn't a lot but it adds up since the method is self-sustaining, and is surely much faster than actually playing the game (you would have to play 30 minutes of domination to get the same amount you can get from 3 minutes opening all packs in a box).

The more MT you start with, the better. Also the more cards that you already have in your collector level, the faster this will go. If you only have a small number of series 1 cards, you will not be getting as many quicksell prompts and may have to manually sell them from your collection in order to keep ripping packs. It's doable but does add time. Similarly, try to keep the 25th anniversary cards in your collection while you are still ripping packs - that way you will get the prompt to quick sell duplicates immediately after you finish the box, instead of having to go to the collection to sell them.

I started with about 43k MT and ended with 7 more holographic cards (and the trophy) + about 150 new cards that I could've sold if needed, and a bunch of hall of fame badges for getting the arena/jersey collections complete.

Edited by VersusCA

• 5 weeks later...