LA Noire won't install/ run on ps3slim/fat

urharrar

I bought LA Noire about three years ago, It wouldn't install on my fat ps3 , so the fat died,

I got a ps³ slim and it's the same old thing stuck on the installation, won't install, has anyone had this problem, I mean two different ps3s and no joy and I'd love to play it

Is there anyway to fix it?

I had the disc version and my problem was the disc just stopped working, had to pick another used one.  But, back to your problem:

LA Noire wants to sync up immediately to the servers.  Try installing without being connected to the internet.

I ran the game on a slim PS3 and obtained the plat.

There was a problem with the firmware back in the day that caused problems with LA Noire. I believe it was version 3.61. You might want to check and see what updates on on the console.

I loved the game so I understand your frustration.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jsisoo said:

Disc or digital? I have the complete edition on disc and had no problems with the installation.

I'd love a cubed ps³ btw

Disc version, I don't know how I managed to do the cubed ps3, total fluke.

15 hours ago, jsisoo said:

14 hours ago, GT__Jedi said:

I had the disc version and my problem was the disc just stopped working, had to pick another used one.  But, back to your problem:

LA Noire wants to sync up immediately to the servers.  Try installing without being connected to the internet.

I ran the game on a slim PS3 and obtained the plat.

There was a problem with the firmware back in the day that caused problems with LA Noire. I believe it was version 3.61. You might want to check and see what updates on on the console.

I loved the game so I understand your frustration.  

I'm telling you it's so annoying, my console is updated to the latest firmware.

The first time I tried to install it.

It did go through the installation process, immediately when the game tried to launch, it said operation failed with an error code.

These days it's just stuck on the installation.

I always install a game offline, when it's installed then I check for updates, The disc is fine when  I go down to the game disc on the UI and hover over it the music plays and the LA Noire picture appears, I don't know what the problem is, very frustrating indeed, thanks for your help anyway lad.

15 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Disc version for me and played on the phat model fine

Luck you man, looks like I'll never get to play the game, unless Sony make ps5 backward compatible

5 hours ago, diskdocx said:

If it hasn’t worked on 2 different consoles, at this point I’d say it’s most likely a dodgy disk. Game is pretty inexpensive, I would suggest trying to track down a different copy. 

I'd agree with this. It sounds like a bad disc. Also, this game did come to PS4 too. Play that version 

• Like 1