AFL Discussion Thread - New and Will Update with more AFL news when it comes round.

modest_undue1

-THIS IS A NEW THREAD-

-THE OLD ONE HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED SINCE OCTOBER 2018-

With my teams win, Collingwood, beating Brisbane by 4 points last week and winning the 2023 Grand Final, what do you think will happen next year?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Bumping since no update for 2024. Pretty surprising start for the reigning grand finalists.

think the wheels have fallen off at Brisbane with the off field stuff. 

Freo my team have started very well, curious how we go against Carlton next week. 

Current Premiership favourites in my book are GWS 

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 9:59 PM, Mr_Wright95 said:

Bumping since no update for 2024. Pretty surprising start for the reigning grand finalists.

think the wheels have fallen off at Brisbane with the off field stuff. 

Freo my team have started very well, curious how we go against Carlton next week. 

Current Premiership favourites in my book are GWS 

I forgot my topic existed my bad homie 💀

5 hours ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

Only Aussies understand AFL

I guess I'm a disappointment to the Australian PSNP Committee then because y'all, I have NO IDEA how AFL works (nor have I ever watched it). I'll give myself a hall pass though, considering I've only been Australian for a couple of months. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

I guess I'm a disappointment to the Australian PSNP Committee then because y'all, I have NO IDEA how AFL works (nor have I ever watched it). I'll give myself a hall pass though, considering I've only been Australian for a couple of months. 

We'll forgive you, being an ex-pat Kiwi and all...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

@ddracarys Oh no! I'm no ex-pat, the other day when I mentioned it, I was referring to you, not me. I'm Aussie born & bred.

Oh wow, how did I miss that? My bad, English isn't my first language so I'll occasionally trip. I was under the impression you were a Kiwi too, haha.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

Only Aussies understand AFL

Not all of us do though...

...I mean, personally I'm not big for AFL. However I did watch last year's grand final on television because, A, KISS were the pre-match act (saw the band in-concert on September 6, 2022 and I'd say they did good that night) and, B, one of two Queensland teams was in it.

NGL, having the Lions lose to Collingwood by little difference in score followed by the Broncos losing to the Panthers also by little difference in score at the NRL grand final the next day was painful. That's despite the Lions being in a sport which, again, I don't quite get (yet?) and the Broncos as a team I'm kinda sick of (Dolphins fan here now, I suppose).

But you know what? I'd watch any AFL match before laying my eyes on even a minute of cricket. I simply cannot get myself to like that sport at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

It truly amazes me how captivated QLD is by NRL compared to the AFL. Most WA blokes (not all, but most) couldn't care less about NRL here. Really amazing how massive the difference is between states 

I would 100% watch NRL over AFL, but I suppose that doesn't help QLD's case, lol. I'm still a rugby boy at heart though, having lived in New Zealand for most of my life. Rugby union is just the sport that makes most sense to me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I would 100% watch NRL over AFL, but I suppose that doesn't help QLD's case, lol. I'm still a rugby boy at heart though, having lived in New Zealand for most of my life. Rugby union is just the sport that makes most sense to me.

You'll need a NRL team then, and get over to my NRL thread... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1