Platinum difficulty & time required?

YT_3orn2W1n

Probably between 50-70 hours. Grindy ones are reaching level 50 in the world of chel (How Prestigious) and breaking Gretzky's point record in be a pro.(Greatness). This is essentially the exact same trophy list as NHL 23 so you can find guides on how to achieve most of them eastly already. 

Edited by ICavv
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, YT_3orn2W1n said:

Hi all,

can any veteran of the franchise advise of the difficulty of both singleplayer and multiplayer and give a rough estimate of the time required to platinum? The last nhl I played was 2001-2002, but was thinking of jumping into this one.

The only hard trophy (for me) is The Eliminator! Trophy. I’m having hard time each time with this one. The rest of them is long grinding 

• Like 3

On 10/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, YT_3orn2W1n said:

Hi all,

can any veteran of the franchise advise of the difficulty of both singleplayer and multiplayer and give a rough estimate of the time required to platinum? The last nhl I played was 2001-2002, but was thinking of jumping into this one.

the 2 most difficult trophies are winning a 1's and 3's tournament. you have to beat players, not AI. for the 1's you need to be at least decently skilled. the fanatical hockey player base makes you earn almost everything. in 3's sometimes you can get lucky and get 1 or 2 good sometimes great teammates to help you, but if you're a complete turnover liability, they may back out and leave your team. so if you're not too skilled, stick to playing D for the team. the HUT trophies have you play a minimum of 5 games against real players, but you only need to complete them, not win. in single player mode someone else mentioned the grind trophy for breaking Gretzky's record. i assume that's a lot of hours, but im not sure exactly how many since the last nhl game (20) i played, it wasnt included

• Like 1

I ended up doing last years list and the Greatness trophy probably took me about 25-30 hours of just scoring. Put on a podcast, listen to some music, because that trophy is horrid. Besides that 1s might give you a challenge but once you figure out the controls and keep playing it kinda just "clicks". Overall it's just a grind for the rest of the trophies, took me 94 hours but I can see getting it done in 70-80 hours. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

the 2 most difficult trophies are winning a 1's and 3's tournament. you have to beat players, not AI. for the 1's you need to be at least decently skilled. the fanatical hockey player base makes you earn almost everything.

Can these trophies be boosted effectively? I see some sessions for them so I’m assuming there’s a way to get the game to match you up with friends to make this a little easier.

I’m mainly asking cuz I’m a big hockey fan, but have never touched any of these NHL games. I know these sports games tend to attract a fanatical player base like you said, so I’m always worried about having to play online or compete in skill based tournaments and such. I’m not afraid of a single player grind it’s mainly just the online stuff.

Considering my team is actually playing well this season I thought it might be fun to dive in to my first NHL game this coming year. 😁

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 6:29 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Can these trophies be boosted effectively? I see some sessions for them so I’m assuming there’s a way to get the game to match you up with friends to make this a little easier.

I’m mainly asking cuz I’m a big hockey fan, but have never touched any of these NHL games. I know these sports games tend to attract a fanatical player base like you said, so I’m always worried about having to play online or compete in skill based tournaments and such. I’m not afraid of a single player grind it’s mainly just the online stuff.

Considering my team is actually playing well this season I thought it might be fun to dive in to my first NHL game this coming year. 😁

the boost sessions are probably people teaming up to do the 3 on 3 tournaments. the opponents are always randomly generated, so boosting can be rather difficult to play against fellow boosters

Ones eliminator (The Eliminator!) is the hardest - especially this year. Wayne's point record is a pain in the ass as always. Copy and paste from Chel 23 for the rest. I would say normally it is 3/10 (grinding trophies aren't hard, just time consuming). This year I would say 6/10 due to the The Eliminator trophy. I always won The Eliminator via an Enforcer build but they made hitting for snipers who are 5 foot 2 extremely easy this year (total control) BS. Hit square. that is it. You're looking at 70ish hours for Plat.

Edited by JordyJord88

• 3 months later...

A bit late to this but since more than one person in this thread has said 70 hours, that's total nonsense. According to Exophase I'm at 77 hours after only doing HUT and not even having reached level 50 in Chel. I've still not won a Ones tournament, and I still haven't touched any of the offline modes. The last NHL game I played was 09 but I got up to speed quite quickly with this one, and I really don't think it's under 100 hours unless you win every Chel game you play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What's the best way to get the "The Eliminator!" Trophy? e.g. what time to play? (For good matchmaking). I played well over 160 Ones games thus far and didn't manage to get it yet. Matchmaking and luck is also not always on my side sadly (Very Frustrating). Thanks for any tips.

On 5/3/2024 at 2:22 PM, Liasl62 said:

What's the best way to get the "The Eliminator!" Trophy? e.g. what time to play? (For good matchmaking). I played well over 160 Ones games thus far and didn't manage to get it yet. Matchmaking and luck is also not always on my side sadly (Very Frustrating). Thanks for any tips.

I've been struggling with this trophy for months as well and have had this question in my mind too. My thinking is that after school hours or on weekend mornings for EST time zone could be best if a lot of kids are online and just messing around. I can for sure confirm that playing late night (after 10pm EST or so) is NOT a good time, as you get a much more competitive player pool online (and not as big of one) that absolutely destroys you.

I thought that the game going on Xbox game pass would bring in a larger, more novice player pool that haven't really seen that materialize.

• Like 1

I'm currently 20 hours into the game.  I haven't passed the pre-season with my pro yet.  I've been playing 20 minute periods to get the stats up before I make a run for the calder trophy and Stanley cup.  I had to turn off commentary and pretty much all sounds from the game, it's just SO repetitive.  

I've been finding it hard to score on teams that have enforcer defensemen.  Any time to try to rush passed them, they slam into me and crush my stamina.  Even on rookie, they keep me off the scorecard. 

I did the eliminator trophy on an older NHL game (maybe 21) at like 3-4 o clock at night on Saturday. I swear all the opponents had just arrived from a bar after 20 beers. It was pretty easy at that point 😂

• Haha 2

Thought the Ones Eliminator trophy would elude me but finally got it this past weekend after months of trying! And during prime hours on a Friday night to boot. Got lucky in the finals where I faced off against two enforcers that were content to just murder each other all game while I skated circles around them as a 5'7" sniper. My GWG was hilariously lucky - got killed in front of the net and was slow to get up - one of their shots went in off of my lifeless body. I'll take it!

Moral of the story - just keep trying. Eventually you'll get a good draw with opponents that are easier to handle. The 2 tourneys I played in immediately prior had players that had all won multiple tournaments and then lucked into that enforcer matchup.

• Haha 1

I just started trying the Ones Eliminator...man it's difficult.  Dudes are putting up 4-5 goals per game...it took me 15 games to score only 5 times.

One thing I notice is that the beginner classes don't shoot the park as well as the classes you get after level 20.  Avoiding defender and fooling the goalie are things you really need to practice.  

Speed is also big on this, I find the players that possess the puck the longest and gain possession of the puck the most often are usually the ones that win the round.

Edited by armontiiago

I'd also recommend getting up to level 50 in World of Chel overall so you have access to the best abilities and are on as equal of a playing field as possible. For goal scoring, I had a couple of go-to moved I liked as a lefty shot:

1. cut across from left to right and try to score on a backhand (works even better if you can do a simple deke)

2. skate on right side to the far right corner behind the goal, loop back up to get closer to the goalie and get a bit in front of it, then shoot upper right corner. the goalie isn't great in this mode and this move opens them up pretty often and can score a few goals a game this way if I can do the move with enough space uninterrupted

for defense, I would never chase the other players and just stayed in front of the net, holding down L2 and swinging my stick around to deflect shots. you'll also get some rebounds this way or even deflect the puck into the net  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liasl62 said:

@sportstsar Which abilities did u use for your player? And which player type did u use?🤔

When I finally won, my build was:

5'7" - 160 lbs - Sniper

Zone Ability - Heatseeker

Superstar Abilities - Make it Snappy & Close Quarters

Boosts - Unbreakable Strikes & Precise Wrister

Wrist Shot Accuracy - 90 (+2)

Slap Shot Accuracy - 81 (-5)

Speed - 93 (+8)

Balance - 72 (-8)

Agility - 89 (+4)

Wrist Shot Power - 88 (0)

Slap Shot Power - 83 (-5)

Acceleration - 92 (+7)

Puck Control - 85 (0)

Endurance - 88 (+3)

Passing - 75 (-5)

Offensive Awareness - 94 (+5)

Body Checking - 73 (-8)

Stick Checking - 77 (+5)

Defensive Awareness - 69 (-2)

Hand-Eye - 80 (0)

Strength - 78 (-3)

Durability - 78 (-3)

Shot Blocking - 75 (0)

Deking - 84 (+5)

Faceoffs - 80 (-5)

Discipline - 78 (-3)

Fighting Skill - 73 (-7)

I did level up in CHEL to 50 (which is its own trophy anyways) which unlocked Heatseeker and maybe one of the boosts. Overall the idea was to be fast enough to skate circles around everyone and play keepaway once I had a lead.

One other piece of advice that I read somewhere that worked for me was to only go for loose pucks if you knew you were going to get it. Otherwise, I would just fall back on D and let the other 2 players fight for it. You sometimes get some loose pucks that way if they knock each other down. Fighting for loose pucks is a losing proposition with a 5'7" player so you have to pick your battles carefully.

• Like 2

I've been grinding to learn this game mode's nuances.  One thing I've been learning is that you 'have' to deke the goalie differently each time you go 1 on 1 with him.  The players that score 4-5 times in my matches do different dekes each time.  So it's a plus to learn how to hit when you need to, keep-away from others while you have the puck and deke the goalie in at least 3-4 different ways. 

Edited by armontiiago