Galdera tips / set up / guide

MountainGoat-93

Hi all 

Apologies if there's another topic on this already, had a quick look and couldn't see any. 

I'm one fight from the Platinum, that fight being the super boss Galdera. 

I was hoping for any guidance, tips, set ups etc to help with the fight. Most of my party are lvl 55, with hikari at lvl 74, throne lvl 72 and Osvald, lvl 73 

No doubt I'll have to grind out some levels for the party, which is no problem but looking for ways of optimizing the two teams in terms of who's on what team, equipment, skills etc 

Thanks in advance! 

Killed it by copying this setup exactly myself, it's a bit fast video but setting it on 0.5x speed helped and someone wrote the actions in the comments so it should be doable. If you want to powerlevel your characters fast and just want to be done with it you can easily get all your characters at 80+ by hiring Alrond and using his 100x exp buff on the red giants on The Lost Isle, the one with the labyrinth.

But I have no idea how anyone would beat this boss by not abusing the 1 hp Temenos/Hikari tactic, this boss literally ended my level 80+ endgame geared group in one turn in phase 2. o.O I would have never managed without a cheesy way like this. 

Edited by AvariceInc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, AvariceInc said:

Killed it by copying this setup exactly myself, it's a bit fast video but setting it on 0.5x speed helped and someone wrote the actions in the comments so it should be doable. If you want to powerlevel your characters fast and just want to be done with it you can easily get all your characters at 80+ by hiring Alrond and using his 100x exp buff on the red giants on The Lost Isle, the one with the labyrinth.

But I have no idea how anyone would beat this boss by not abusing the 1 hp Temenos/Hikari tactic, this boss literally ended my level 80+ endgame geared group in one turn in phase 2. o.O I would have never managed without a cheesy way like this. 

Sorry but this method work anymore? Afaik both weapons duplication e Ochette Monster glitch has been patched. There Is another way to cheese this fight?

Edited by TenebraZero

2 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

Sorry but this method work anymore? Afaik both weapons duplication e Ochette Monster glitch has been patched. There Is another way to cheese this fight?

Huh, did they use glitches in this video? I'm not aware of any exploits in this game to be honest but then again I couldn't pull it off nearly as good as the guy in the video but I tried to copy it the best I could. It should still work fine, I don't think they have done any updates since. The second phase turn order needed to be exactly the same for me with this tactic, any mistake I did and it was a quick trip back to the beginning. :lol:

1 hour ago, AvariceInc said:

Huh, did they use glitches in this video? I'm not aware of any exploits in this game to be honest but then again I couldn't pull it off nearly as good as the guy in the video but I tried to copy it the best I could. It should still work fine, I don't think they have done any updates since. The second phase turn order needed to be exactly the same for me with this tactic, any mistake I did and it was a quick trip back to the beginning. :lol:

No, apparently there Is no Need for a weapons duplicate glitch, u can still found more via npcs. The Ochette ability X6 Monsters it's a divine skill or a glitch? Some referring as a game glitch but i'm not sure

7 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

No, apparently there Is no Need for a weapons duplicate glitch, u can still found more via npcs. The Ochette ability X6 Monsters it's a divine skill or a glitch? Some referring as a game glitch but i'm not sure

I think it's just when you fully boost Ochette you can spam summon the beasts, I never really played with Ochette much, just powerleveled her quick with the Alrond trick and went to capture the beasts this guy used in the video. xD

On 12/15/2023 at 11:04 AM, TenebraZero said:

Beated Galdera on first try thanks to this video. Even if the order shown in video is not the same is doable.

Props to you my friend for finding such a great guide. Clear commentary with step by step tutorial. I'll be honest I was very confused with other guides for setting up for the boss. The problem was timing and speed for the characters... Aka turn order. This guide solves that problem by not worrying as much about order but about the prerequisite power for the two main attackers. 

Fantastic guide for a fantastic boss to end a legendary game... One of the best JRPGs I've played in a while, that also brings me back to the good old days of SE like Chrono Trigger. 

Cheers to you my friend! Best of luck on your trophy hunting journey! 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:48 PM, AvariceInc said:

I think it's just when you fully boost Ochette you can spam summon the beasts, I never really played with Ochette much, just powerleveled her quick with the Alrond trick and went to capture the beasts this guy used in the video. xD

Hi! Can I ask you where to find the Beast? 

1 hour ago, Tosnightmare said:

Hi! Can I ask you where to find the Beast? 

I would go with the other guide above as it looks easier to follow, they have the beast locations shown if you mean Ochette's. Vagrant Frogking II and Woodland Birdking III.

Edited by AvariceInc

17 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

I would go with the other guide above as it looks easier to follow, they have the beast locations shown if you mean Ochette's. Vagrant Frogking II and Woodland Birdking III.

Thank you! I was able to get the platinum :) That was quite a fight! 

Edited by Tosnightmare

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add something to this topic. I played Octopath Traveler 2 on the Switch, not my PS5, but I still went all the way and took down Galdera.

The thing is, I tried both of the guides listed in this thread... and they did nothing for me. GGG's guide has steps that can be ruined by the RNG of party order, and Spellborne's guide relies on random chance by having you use Dreadwings. When provoked, Dreadwings do have the capacity to randomly kill Galdera's appendages/souls/attachments etc., but more often than not I'd always have one or two that would survive - and it'd throw off the entire run!

However, by the grace of God, I stumbled upon a guide over on Reddit that helped see me through. It's a guide from Bargaan called "Step by step guide to killing the secret boss" I'll include the link below:

Like I said, I tried GGG's guide. I tried Spellborne's guide. I got nowhere.

But Bargaan's guide saw me through. I thought I'd mention it here incase it could help anyone else :)

Now I just need to play the PS5 version of OT2 to get the plat someday 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 3:27 PM, Penless said:

*snip

Do you mind explaining how I boost Ochette's beasts? I'm looking at several videos, and have no idea how it's done.

EDIT: Well, of course, now I've figured it out.

Edited by Edunstar84