Trophy thoughts?

JoeNDM

I've gotten the platinum for both games. Ape Academy is definitely harder than  2. The main tough trophy in Ape Academy is winning all the minigames. Though the hard part isn't winning them all, it's collecting all 47 minigames since winning isn't too bad with Rewind.

The game has 6 levels. The first 5 levels each have 9 random minigames, and level 6 is the boss fight. These 9 minigames are random every time, so you won't collect all of them in one playthrough.

You gotta keep replaying the first 5 levels over and over, relying on randomness to unlock new minigames.

If you do get a new minigame, you have to finish the entire level for it to be added to your minigames collection after the level complete screen.

So that means once you meet a new minigame, you have to play through all 9 games again to pass the level, you can't quit mid-level in this game.

Getting the platinum requires a lot of grinding and luck with the random minigames.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

I've gotten the platinum for both games. Ape Academy is definitely harder than  2. The main tough trophy in Ape Academy is winning all the minigames. Though the hard part isn't winning them all, it's collecting all 47 minigames since winning isn't too bad with Rewind.

The game has 6 levels. The first 5 levels each have 9 random minigames, and level 6 is the boss fight. These 9 minigames are random every time, so you won't collect all of them in one playthrough.

You gotta keep replaying the first 5 levels over and over, relying on randomness to unlock new minigames.

If you do get a new minigame, you have to finish the entire level for it to be added to your minigames collection after the level complete screen.

So that means once you meet a new minigame, you have to play through all 9 games again to pass the level, you can't quit mid-level in this game.

Getting the platinum requires a lot of grinding and luck with the random minigames.

Hey can you give the picture what mini games in tab "Mind"? Need 7 more. And what survival mode? I cannot find them. Thx before

1 minute ago, brianpickers said:

Hey can you give the picture what mini games in tab "Mind"? Need 7 more. And what survival mode? I cannot find them. Thx before

mind minigames:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pay attention to the mini-games Ask Darwin and Monkey Drill, which have five variations each, corresponding to levels one to five. You need to play specific levels to encounter them. For example, Monkey Drill part 1 will only appear in level one, Monkey Drill part 2 in level two, and FINAL in level five.

spacer.png

I'm guessing the unlock condition for the survival mode is getting a perfect rating on all levels 1-5, and unlocking all 47 mini games. After you get the 5 perfects, and collect all 47 mini games, beat the final boss and watch the credits roll - the survival mode should unlock on the main menu. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

mind minigames:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pay attention to the mini-games Ask Darwin and Monkey Drill, which have five variations each, corresponding to levels one to five. You need to play specific levels to encounter them. For example, Monkey Drill part 1 will only appear in level one, Monkey Drill part 2 in level two, and FINAL in level five.

spacer.png

I'm guessing the unlock condition for the survival mode is getting a perfect rating on all levels 1-5, and unlocking all 47 mini games. After you get the 5 perfects, and collect all 47 mini games, beat the final boss and watch the credits roll - the survival mode should unlock on the main menu. 

Do you know if ask Darwin and monkey drill are the only mini games which correspond to certain levels? Can the rest be unlocked in any level 

1 hour ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

mind minigames:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Your tip helped a lot and I thought the Darwin and the Drill one are totally random.

I unlocked (and surely won) every minigame in arcade mode and didn't unlocked the trophy for winning all minigames somehow..

Do you think it also counts as a win if I only win the mini game I need and lose in all of the other ones?

And I think you are correct.

I completed the game yesterday with perfect on all levels and unlocked all minigames few minutes ago and Survival automatically unlocked in the main menu. You don't need to do the final stage again.

23 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Do you know if ask Darwin and monkey drill are the only mini games which correspond to certain levels? Can the rest be unlocked in any level 

Yeah, the other minigames can pop up randomly in any level. There's also the three dancing games with the same icon, but different songs - the icon shows musical notes in different colors for each one. You can tell them apart that way.

22 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Your tip helped a lot and I thought the Darwin and the Drill one are totally random.

I unlocked (and surely won) every minigame in arcade mode and didn't unlocked the trophy for winning all minigames somehow..

I ended up getting the "win all minigames" trophy while playing academy mode. I kept an eye out for the names of each minigame, and made sure to beat any new one I ran into for the first time.

Once I won the last one on my list, the trophy instantly unlocked. There were a bunch I came across that I'd already won before, but I threw those games on purpose to save some time.

If you've won all the minigames but the trophy hasn't appeared yet, you probably accidentally missed one somewhere.😂

Edited by aikikalaskamaido
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

Yeah, the other minigames can pop up randomly in any level. There's also the three dancing games with the same icon, but different songs - the icon shows musical notes in different colors for each one. You can tell them apart that way.

I ended up getting the "win all minigames" trophy while playing academy mode. I kept an eye out for the names of each minigame, and made sure to beat any new one I ran into for the first time.

Once I won the last one on my list, the trophy instantly unlocked. There were a bunch I came across that I'd already won before, but I threw those games on purpose to save some time.

If you've won all the minigames but the trophy hasn't appeared yet, you probably accidentally missed one somewhere.😂

Yeah... I also did this. Always get a win on a new minigame. I believe I skipped 1 song or quiz. I will try those 3 Dance and the 8 quiz minigames questions again. I wished I knew this yesterday. It would saved me few hours hahaha but your tip is a life saver. Cheers.

Will do Ape Academy 2 too.

19 hours ago, lordzeze said:

I still can't get the Pipotrons to show up. I have replayed the levels so many times now. This is getting so frustrating now.

is this random? There has to be a way to get them to spawn or something (need that trophy too)

Edited by deegonzaalez

48 minutes ago, deegonzaalez said:

after the teacher shows the minigames and it didn’t have what u need, simply rewind and it should show another random games, do this till that one show up, I find new games by doing this and still don’t got them all..

is this random? There has to be a way to get them to spawn or something (need that trophy too)

From what I have gathered they can randomly appear on the 3rd, 4th or 5th levels.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

Got the platinum tonight 

Just wanted to say thanks for your tips, they helped me out.

Thanks as well for posting the pics of the games, they helped me determine which ones I was missing