Does the PS5 Physical Copy come with the PS4 versions of the game too?

Sagaftw3

I am still waiting for my PS5 Physical copy to arrive, PS4 version trophy lists popped up a while after PS5, I thought the PS4 version would be delayed but people seem to be unlocking trophies for it. 

Does anyone know if you get the PS4 versions of the games with the PS5 Physical Edition too? I know it's very unlikely but I still have hopes. Can anyone confirm please?

Edited by Sagaftw3
typo

6 minutes ago, Sagaftw3 said:

I am still waiting for my PS5 Physical copy to arrive, PS4 version trophy lists popped up a while after PS5, I thought the PS4 version would be delayed but people seem to be unlocking trophies for it. 

Does anyone know if you get the PS4 versions of the games with the PS5 Physical Edition too? I know it's very unlikely but I still have hopes. Can anyone confirm please?

Why would it be any different to any other game that's released?

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

There isn't a PS4 physical release for this afaik

Yeah, that is why I ask, info floating around indicate that there might be a way to claim the PS4 versions digitally, perhaps a code?

I am just looking for a confirmation from a MGS Collection Vol. 1 PS5 Physical Edition owner.

I know how the PS4-PS5 upgrade works, and as stated in my 1st comment, I know it's a long shot specially since it's Konami.

Edited by Sagaftw3

9 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

Honestly, we need to move on to the current generation and stop these cross gen versions. It’s about time. 

Seriously, why tf does a collection of PS1/2 games need separate versions for PS4 and PS5?! It's even more annoying for me with this game because I always pick the PS4 version when available, but that one is digital only so I ended up getting neither.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sagaftw3 said:

Yeah, that is why I ask, info floating around indicate that there might be a way to claim the PS4 versions digitally, perhaps a code?

I am just looking for a confirmation from a MGS Collection Vol. 1 PS5 Physical Edition owner.

I know how the PS4-PS5 upgrade works, and as stated in my 1st comment, I know it's a long shot specially since it's Konami.

Where did you see the info? You should go to them. Still it’s very basic to the trophy hunting: if you are up to double platinum you should never never buy a ps5 disk. It has nothing to do with no ps4 disk release, it’s just you shouldn’t buy the ps5 disk in the first place. I bet you can’t name a game that ever include a ps4 game version code in with ps5 disk.

Now the only thing you can do is sell (or return and ask for refunds?) the ps5 disk when it arrives and buy the game from psn store.

Edited by archangeltw_

5 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

Where did you see the info? You should go to them. Still it’s very basic to the trophy hunting: if you are up to double platinum you should never never buy a ps5 disk. It has nothing to do with no ps4 disk release, it’s just you shouldn’t buy the ps5 disk in the first place. I bet you can’t name a game that ever include a ps4 game version code in with ps5 disk.

Now the only thing you can do is sell the ps5 disk when it arrives and buy the game from psn store.

Again. I know how the PS4-PS5 upgrade works, both physical and digital. There is no need to keep explaining it to me.  Thank you for your input.

If you must know, aside from collecting trophies I collect videogames too, I have no need to sell my games, PS5 version is the only physical edition. Since Amazon delayed my game, I just want this confirmation from a Physical OWNER, if I have to buy it again anyways I can do it right now, instead of wiating for my copy to find out.

1 hour ago, TrophyChief said:

Honestly, we need to move on to the current generation and stop these cross gen versions. It’s about time. 

Not every game dev has the resources to take advantage of the ps5's hardware, so if their game can run on ps4 and ps5, it would be dumb of them to not release it on ps4. There are still tons of us who don't think the ps5 is worth $500. 

38 minutes ago, Sagaftw3 said:

Again. I know how the PS4-PS5 upgrade works, both physical and digital. There is no need to keep explaining it to me.  Thank you for your input.

If you must know, aside from collecting trophies I collect videogames too, I have no need to sell my games, PS5 version is the only physical edition. Since Amazon delayed my game, I just want this confirmation from a Physical OWNER, if I have to buy it again anyways I can do it right now, instead of wiating for my copy to find out.

So why did you expect it to be any different for this game?

Also, who were you seeing say that there’d be a PS4 version if you buy the PS5 version?

1 hour ago, Ssharif0402 said:

Seriously, why tf does a collection of PS1/2 games need separate versions for PS4 and PS5?! It's even more annoying for me with this game because I always pick the PS4 version when available, but that one is digital only so I ended up getting neither.

You know the chip shortage that led to the shortage of PS5's is barely over right, it's literally still ongoing. And also the fact that China likes to rally up to Taiwan every so often could cripple the computer market so that's why PS4 versions still happen. Cos still not a large percentage have a PS5. 

Just now, Dovahki1nn said:

You know the chip shortage that led to the shortage of PS5's is barely over right, it's literally still ongoing. And also the fact that China likes to rally up to Taiwan every so often could cripple the computer market so that's why PS4 versions still happen. Cos still not a large percentage have a PS5. 

Also forgot the other fact that there is you know a huge cost of living crisis.

4 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

So why did you expect it to be any different for this game?

Also, who were you seeing say that there’d be a PS4 version if you buy the PS5 version?

A retailer in Amazon said it included the PS4 version. The comments are now deleted. Perhaps he lied? That is the only reason I ask to physical owners for confirmation.

Edit*

Generally I don't care for these comments, but retailers have been right before with PS4-PS5 upgrades, with SF6 for example.

Edited by Sagaftw3

1 minute ago, Sagaftw3 said:

A retailer in Amazon said it included the PS4 version. The comments are now deleted. Perhaps he lied? That is the only reason I ask to physical owners for confirmation.

He’s the guy you should go to, don’t blame Konami for anything

Edited by archangeltw_

2 hours ago, Sagaftw3 said:

Can’t remember or unwilling to take responsible for what you said 2 hours ago?

if you are collecting disks like you said, I am more confused of the purpose of this post 

Edited by archangeltw_

15 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

Can’t remember or unwilling to take responsible for what you said 2 hours ago?

if you are collecting disks like you said, I am more confused of the purpose of this post 

What did I say? What are YOU reading? Are you even READING?

Indirectly calling Konami greedy? I have to be responsible for that now? I don't care, I will buy them as much as they want, I am not blaming them for anything. 

Collecting discs and beign able to buy them as much as I want is different from wanting to waste money on the same product

I stated it many times and you just keep going for whatever reason: "I am just looking for a confirmation from a MGS Collection Vol. 1 PS5 Physical Edition owner."

We good now? Can you move on?

Edited by Sagaftw3

3 hours ago, Sagaftw3 said:

"I am just looking for a confirmation from a MGS Collection Vol. 1 PS5 Physical Edition owner."

I have the physical edition and can confirm that there's nothing that allows to access the ps4 versions.

BUT: The Day One DLC (some bonus music tracks) does have the option to download the pack on ps5 version and Ps4 version. Wich is weird considering there's no physical ps4 release.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gold-St said:

I have the physical edition and can confirm that there's nothing that allows to access the ps4 versions.

BUT: The Day One DLC (some bonus music tracks) does have the option to download the pack on ps5 version and Ps4 version. Wich is weird considering there's no physical ps4 release.

Thank you very much! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sagaftw3 said:

Edit*

Generally I don't care for these comments, but retailers have been right before with PS4-PS5 upgrades, with SF6 for example.

Street Fighter 6 gave you the PS4 digital version if you bought the PS5 phsyical?

5 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Street Fighter 6 gave you the PS4 digital version if you bought the PS5 phsyical?

No...

When preorders went live for SF6, the promotional art cover didn't indicate that there was a free PS4 to PS5 upgrade, the logo on the down-left corner. 

It was confirmed by an amazon retailer months before the game released. Around that time, users posted pictures of the game confirming this in forums.

It has happened to several games that I have bought since the PS5 came out. Since they have always been right with promotional codes in the box or sent by e-mail and free upgrades, that was my reason to ask here for confirmation.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:45 PM, TrophyChief said:

For new games maybe, but even then stuff like Gotham Knights doesn’t justify that. It looks worse than AK. 

But old ass games being Re-released? Why should it be PS5 only? That’s goofy

• Like 1