Whats this game like?

zafira1290

• 4 weeks later...

Unlike the majority of people here, I didn't like this game at all. Visually, it's pretty and appealing, but I found the gameplay and the game itself extremely annoying. Painfully long and boring cutscenes and musical scenes, that I had to skip (and I usually don't skip cutscenes, even if it's not the first time I play a game...), bosses after bosses, the narrator always talking and talking... it irritated me most of the time I was playing it. I'm at the beginning of the 6th act and I think I won't even finish it. I will just leave it. Honestly, I think this is more a children's game. The musical scenes, the story and the way it's told, the bonus books are all charateristical of a children's game/movie. I don't have children yet, but maybe when I became a mom this will be an appropriate game for them. Not for me, definitely. And please, don't call this a masterpiece. Maybe it is in a child's perspective, but not from an adult gamer perspective. "The Last of Us" is a masterpiece. Naughty Dog's games are masterpieces. Not this one. 

The game is fantastic. I'm forcing myself to not beat the entire thing in just a couple of days. The art catched my attention, and I think this would be the first time I'd like to play a game on 3D.

Well, it's really nice looking in 3D. great art style.

Unlike the majority of people here, I didn't like this game at all. Visually, it's pretty and appealing, but I found the gameplay and the game itself extremely annoying. Painfully long and boring cutscenes and musical scenes, that I had to skip (and I usually don't skip cutscenes, even if it's not the first time I play a game...), bosses after bosses, the narrator always talking and talking... it irritated me most of the time I was playing it. I'm at the beginning of the 6th act and I think I won't even finish it. I will just leave it. Honestly, I think this is more a children's game. The musical scenes, the story and the way it's told, the bonus books are all charateristical of a children's game/movie. I don't have children yet, but maybe when I became a mom this will be an appropriate game for them. Not for me, definitely. And please, don't call this a masterpiece. Maybe it is in a child's perspective, but not from an adult gamer perspective. "The Last of Us" is a masterpiece. Naughty Dog's games are masterpieces. Not this one. 

Well, It's far for being a masterpiece, but don't bash the game for others (saying basically that only children could love it) because you don't like it. I like TLOU but I don't think that that movie game is a masterpiece, it's a good game with excellent character development (probably the best out there)  but if i'd like to look for issues i'd find many. Puppeteer is not your cup of tea, that's all.

• 1 year later...

I really like platformer games like this, but I also really didn't like this game. It tries to be LittleBigPlanet in a lot of ways, but does nothing of what made LBP great. Most of the platforming is average and interrupted by cutscenes all the time. It's just not enjoyable for me. In fact, there's very little at all I like about the game.

I know some people really like this game, and I don't get it. I've played games like these my entire life and I usually enjoy it, but yeah, this game for me is just not fun playing. It plays decently enough, even though I think it has lots of issues.

• 2 years later...