PlayStation/Nintendo/Steam/Others are all Xbox - Phil Spencer

Rozalia1

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202310/31321751.html

Phil Spencer was in Japan and had some things to say. The quote below is a combination (and translation) of the parts relating to the subject in the title.

Phil Spencer: We consider everyone who plays, including Game Pass users, as Xbox users. Of course, many play on home consoles, but many also play on home consoles or PCs at home and on the cloud when on the go. This multi-device gameplay scenario raises a question, 'Is Xbox a community of multi-device players?' I believe that Xbox is indeed a community of players who can play across various devices.

I travel and move around a lot, so I carry around an ASUS ROG Ally (a portable gaming PC released by ASUS in June), which I also consider to be Xbox. Of course, it can use Game Pass, and I play 'Starfield' and 'Lies of P' on it. My various save data is in the cloud, so I can transition screens and play anywhere. It becomes a community that I carry around with me. When I get home, I connect it to a large TV and play on a home console.

Regarding Steam, I consider them a partner. They have been wonderful innovators in Windows gaming for many years, providing innovative technology. In that sense, not only ROG Ally, but I also consider Steam Deck as Xbox. Just as I consider ROG Ally and Steam Deck as part of the Xbox community, it's necessary to consider the numerous Nintendo Switch and PlayStation users as part of the Xbox community going forward.

Similarly, including those who are playing on PC with Game Pass, it's important to ensure that everyone who continues to play Xbox games feels equal within the community. There are many things to work on.

Apparently we're all Xbox gamers, many of us just don't know it yet. PlayStation was also a competitor during the recent Activision court case but are now simply a part of the grand Xbox community, not gaming community, Xbox community. We also clearly have no need to worry about Microsoft buying their way to a monopoly because you see, they already have one because Xbox is gaming. Every other platform is just a component of Xbox.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Such a sugarcoated talk to downplay monopolizing the whole industry. If they truly want Xbox to be part of everything, then we do have Game Pass on Playstation too, port over your Halo games and whatnot here if you care for profits.

I'm not a fanboy in any form, I just never was interested in buying Xbox consoles, not now, not later. I have a PC if I want to play their games so badly.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2