Can i get the bandana and stealth camo on a different version?

Radford999

What i mean is can i do playthroughs on the original English version and get some trophies and get the bandana and stealth camo and then switch to the Japanese integral version to get the fox rank to make it easier? Or do i have to get the bandana and stealth camo and fox rank on the same version?

I would imagine that you'd need to do them on the same game, as Integral will likely use different save files than the English version.  They are two different versions of the game, after all.

I may be wrong, but if you're aiming to use the Bandana and Stealth to make the Fox run easier, then you'll amost certainly need to do the Fox run on the same version of the game as you earned the items.  So if you earn them on the English version, they may not be available in Integral.

I'm just speculating, mind you, since I've never played Integral.

On the Edit Saved Data on the Integral version, amongst the Copy, Delete etc, there is also an option named and I quote:

"Add Completion Data"

I have no idea what it means but it wouldn't let me import a completed save with a poor rank from UK version. Whether it does with a Rank 1 save (Foxhound or Big Boss) I dunno as maybe its just a way to unlock the Ninja VR Missions, but to answer OP. Yea I couldn't add a Completed Save with Stealth Camo with a poor rank.

Is there more to it, perhaps, but if anybody find out what that Add Completion Data means, please let us know. In the description for the option btw, it states 'Input METAL GEAR SOLID completion data'.

Edited by Optinooby

On 11/11/2023 at 11:15 PM, StewartBros said:

I may be wrong, but if you're aiming to use the Bandana and Stealth to make the Fox run easier, then you'll amost certainly need to do the Fox run on the same version of the game as you earned the items.  So if you earn them on the English version, they may not be available in Integral.

Correct, special items are unlocked only in one version of the game.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:06 PM, Radford999 said:

What i mean is can i do playthroughs on the original English version and get some trophies and get the bandana and stealth camo and then switch to the Japanese integral version to get the fox rank to make it easier? Or do i have to get the bandana and stealth camo and fox rank on the same version?

If you want an easy Fox rank, get the bandana and all the other trophies in the UK version, switch to the JP version, get the stealth camo, then, start a third playthourgh on the JP version and use the stealth camo.

Edited by walafc0

11 hours ago, walafc0 said:

Correct, special items are unlocked only in one version of the game.

If you want an easy Fox rank, get the bandana and all the other trophies in the UK version, switch to the JP version, get the stealth camo, then, start a third playthourgh on the JP version and use the stealth camo.

Got the plat last night. It was incredibly easy on the Japanese version. Didn’t even use the stealth camo and bandana lol

• Like 1