Games played time tracker It's just freezed

eneas_presidente

Hey folks, i want to ask If that already happened to someone, 1 week ago my games doesn't count any more time in The time tracker, both in The console or into another time tracking websites, not even a single minute, It's completely freezed, it says The last time i played The game was 8 days Ago, but i play that game everyday, does anyone know what could be happening? some fix?

It happens quite often and will eventually get fixed. One time it happened just before Hogwarts Legacy got released and I had the platinum for it without psn ever registering that I'd played the game at all. Took 2 weeks to come back.

There's another thread already talking about this. 

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 2

Yes, I and several other people are experiencing this exact issue. It just seems like whatever functions related to gameplay data collection have broken down completely for some people, and there's no fix for it. It's also unclear as to wether or not it will ever be addressed at all.

For the forseeable future, you will not be able to track your playtime, unfortunately.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:26 PM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I’ve noticed on the app when I play PS4 the games aren’t showing up in the recently played. Only PS5 is. 

Same issue here. My PS4 games haven't updated for over 2 weeks now - I apparently last played the two PS4 games I'm currently playing 14+ days ago, and supposedly I've played less than 1 hour of something I know for a fact I've been playing for at least 10 hours now.

But the single PS5 game I'm currently playing still seems to be updating correctly on last/recently played, and its playtime.

The PS4 games aren't moving to the top/front of my library on PS5 when sorted by the default "most recent" option either.

I've had plenty of issues with this occurring on and off before, but I don't recall it only affecting PS4 games previously, it was always both PS4 and PS5. And I don't recall it ever lasting quite this long before before it was fixed, so hopefully it's resolved eventually...

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while. So, I recently noticed that the hours on my PS4 aren't being counted when I play games. This has happened before when I searched in google, and I have a question for the people that got that issue before, If I keep playing now while the hours aren't being logged, will they be added later once they fix the issue? Or will it just stay the same with no changes? Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

On 11/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, Yuveria-Sama said:

Hey everyone, I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while. So, I recently noticed that the hours on my PS4 aren't being counted when I play games. This has happened before when I searched in google, and I have a question for the people that got that issue before, If I keep playing now while the hours aren't being logged, will they be added later once they fix the issue? Or will it just stay the same with no changes? Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

In my experience from when this issue has happened in the past, no, your playtime won't be added later once it starts working again, nor will any games be retroactively added to your profile if you started and finished them while the issue was present. I remember playing some games last time this happened, and had to actually start them up again once it was fixed for them to appear under "my games" in the profile section. It seems to be something on the PSN backend that's just completely non-operational, and is not recording anything for the duration of the issue.

Also, slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed your banner image (not avatar) when viewing your profile on PS4 is just gone? I've had this happen numerous times before, but it usually always comes back within a day or so. But the image is still there when I view my profile on PS5, just not PS4, and it's been like this for 5 or so days now. This, along with recently played game and playtime not updating on PS4 for about 4 or so weeks now has me slightly concerned they're just leaving the PS4 servers to rot or something.

• Like 3

Same issue here. The games list on my PS4 is not updating for almost a month now. At first I thought the Playstation app was broken, but I now checked my profile on the PS4 itself and it's the same there. Games that I played for the first time in the past days do not show up there at all.

• 3 weeks later...

After many weeks, it seems to be working again as of today. I booted up a game that previously didn't show up in the Games list on my PS4 Profile; it finally showed up today.

Previously, I've tried restoring licenses and signing-out/signing-in on my PS4, but it didn't help. Based on past incidents, this 'freezing' issue is a reoccurring one. The only practical solution is to use a third-party service such as PSTimeTracker, which independently tracks game playtime based on the user's PSN online status.

But even a third-party solution can be broken; a few months back, Sony banned all of the PSTimeTracker bots, supposedly because their automated messages, which were transmitted via PSN's servers were flagged as spam... or maybe Sony didn't like the fact that one hobbyist was providing a better service than their entire team ? 

• Like 1

Yeah stopped working for me from November to December for PS4 games on a PS4 (specifically Skyrim).

Just checked my PS5 today and it's working again, but didn't count the hours during the time it was broken. Although that PS Network End of The Year wrap up stat thing shows how many hours I actually played Skyrim.

Edited by Nute202-