Aldrich quest help?

NashtyMouse

I *think* there is a cut-off point for a lot on the quests for they "auto progress" if you haven't done X by the time you enter area Y. I think I'm having the same problem with Dorothea, as I only started giving her the livers after reaching the point of no return as well, and she doesn't give me the alst few spells.

Lots of words to say that yes, I *think* you're screwed.

5 hours ago, Aeshmah said:

I *think* there is a cut-off point for a lot on the quests for they "auto progress" if you haven't done X by the time you enter area Y. I think I'm having the same problem with Dorothea, as I only started giving her the livers after reaching the point of no return as well, and she doesn't give me the alst few spells.

Lots of words to say that yes, I *think* you're screwed.

Damn. I really wish there was at least a ng+ so I could at least speed through the game quicker a second time to get this…

• Like 1

Really disappointed to hear about Aldrich and Dorothea; I think I’ve gotten everything else so far, but I went just a teensy bit too far and Aldrich bailed. Now I’m on the cathedral of Junas and still don’t have the trophy for all spells, so suspect I may have been victim to the same issue there. Thankfully my cloud save is just before the point where Aldrich bolted, so I can at least tend to his issue, but does anyone know what he drops? Is it tied to one of the other trophies? Just trying to find out if I’m gonna have to replay everything from that point or if I can pop over real quick, do Aldy, grab the last liver for Dorothea and call it good.

Related to this, since I don’t want to overwrite the cloud save and don’t have a USB stick handy, when you choose your ending and beat the boss, where does it save at? I know there’s no NG+, so does it save/boot you back to the last checkpoint so you can do the other ending (or go get the Eyes for the last ending), or does it save after making your choice?

40 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Really disappointed to hear about Aldrich and Dorothea; I think I’ve gotten everything else so far, but I went just a teensy bit too far and Aldrich bailed. Now I’m on the cathedral of Junas and still don’t have the trophy for all spells, so suspect I may have been victim to the same issue there. Thankfully my cloud save is just before the point where Aldrich bolted, so I can at least tend to his issue, but does anyone know what he drops? Is it tied to one of the other trophies? Just trying to find out if I’m gonna have to replay everything from that point or if I can pop over real quick, do Aldy, grab the last liver for Dorothea and call it good.

Related to this, since I don’t want to overwrite the cloud save and don’t have a USB stick handy, when you choose your ending and beat the boss, where does it save at? I know there’s no NG+, so does it save/boot you back to the last checkpoint so you can do the other ending (or go get the Eyes for the last ending), or does it save after making your choice?

Aldrich gives you a frost spell when you hand him the book (don't remember which one)

When you beat the game you start at the last checkpoint, but there won't be any npcs, they all disseapear after you kill Patrick, so if you need to upgrade your weapon or buy an item do it before killing him.

• Like 1

I gave him the book, found him later, killed him, got the trophy, and did not get the spell. 

Edit:

I went back to the place where his quest ended and he was there again. I killed him agan, and this time he dropped the spell 

Edited by Iksde

On 11/20/2023 at 7:24 PM, BaquPL said:

Aldrich gives you a frost spell when you hand him the book (don't remember which one)

When you beat the game you start at the last checkpoint, but there won't be any npcs, they all disseapear after you kill Patrick, so if you need to upgrade your weapon or buy an item do it before killing him.

You can still buy items and upgrade weapons from lanterns where the NPCs were after you kill him. 

I really hope they add NG+ at some point because I too missed completing Aldrich's quest and can't get all the spells as a result. Only things (and the 50 parries) keeping me from 1000G on Xbox. 

Discovered he actually gives you two spells; one when you give him the book, then drops one when you kill his transformed self.

Just by force of luck, my Cloud save was just before finishing Liturgical Pass, so after I beat the last boss I downloaded that, got him his book, did some round up for the Unborn and pushed to Junas’ temple. Only took a couple hours. Still irksome though, especially when everything else in the game is doable up to the very end.

Just as an aside, I'm pretty sure the enemy you kill in the Ordens Regnas Palace is *not* Aldrich, but Count Wolric. Simply because if you go back o Oxnevylle Manor after getting the ice dagger spell, Aldrich is still there. :D

(He disappears

Spoiler

once you kill the Cold One Best in High Walls of Mythringal, though...

)