(spoilers) Dead Island 2 callbacks question

wackt1

So I have not played the game yet and I do know that Same B makes an appearance as a main supporting character and the game makes reference with the 2 Banoi outbreaks with dialogue with the doctor dude and Sam B. Though does the game make reference on what happened to the rest of the main cast from the other 2 main games (Xian, Logan, Purna, and John from Riptide). Its because i cant find anything on the wiki pages on them

Edited by wackt1

There sort of is in the form of legendary weapons for example there's a golden weapon in the beach area late game that belonged to 1 of the other survivors from the 1st game

But I treat part 2 as an alt universe of sorts cause while we do have sam b he looks nothing like his old model like has hair is thin and muscular apparently has lived in Los Angeles all his life where the old sam had a pretty thick Louisiana accent and mentions it alot the new one just doesn't 

Edited by Taliesin_2943

On 11/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, mega-tallica said:

Nope. Aside from Sam B mentioning in passing the Banoi outbreak, there's practically no references to the previous Dead Island games. 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

There sort of is in the form of legendary weapons for example there's a golden weapon in the beach area late game that belonged to 1 of the other survivors from the 1st game

But I treat part 2 as an alt universe of sorts cause while we do have sam b he looks nothing like his old model like has hair is thin and muscular apparently has lived in Los Angeles all his life where the old sam had a pretty thick Louisiana accent and mentions it alot the new one just doesn't 

dang that sucks, was kinda hoping they tie up loose ends. Anways, hopefully they'll at least tie up the fate of the former cast and Banoi in future DLC/a new game