PS VR 2 - Whats wrong with the controllers?!

Titanomachy_75

I just got the VR2 unit this past week and I notice when you play a game the controllers (right one) dont work? I have to turn them off and start the game with the PS5 controller when the game loads up then I turn on the controllers and they work 90% of the time! I thought I had a bad controller But I have been read online this was a common thing! Why they hav'nt release a patch yet? Its been this long and there is only this swap controller fix ... Strange! 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I just got the VR2 unit this past week and I notice when you play a game the controllers (right one) dont work? I have to turn them off and start the game with the PS5 controller when the game loads up then I turn on the controllers and they work 90% of the time! I thought I had a bad controller But I have been read online this was a common thing! Why they hav'nt release a patch yet? Its been this long and there is only this swap controller fix ... Strange! 

Hm, that's odd indeed. I've never had this issue. I always turn my PS5 on in 1 of 2 ways: manually or using the Dual Sense. From there I turn on the headset, then the controllers and from there proceed to do whatever is I turned the PS5 on for to do. Your controllers shouldn't be doing that and this is a first for me hearing about this particular issue. If it's not too late I'd return it and swap it for another unit.

2 hours ago, Lordguwa said:

i bought one too. if i set it up around christmas i hope i don't suffer that problem.

so far only have Break VR and Horizon Call of The Wild.

You may wany to check it out cause most people have these issues! And do this -

What ended up working for me was turning off the controllers, booting up the game with the DualSense, then turning on the VR controllers once you’re in game.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/my-psvr-2-controller-is-not-working-how-to-fix/

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Hm, that's odd indeed. I've never had this issue. I always turn my PS5 on in 1 of 2 ways: manually or using the Dual Sense. From there I turn on the headset, then the controllers and from there proceed to do whatever is I turned the PS5 on for to do. Your controllers shouldn't be doing that and this is a first for me hearing about this particular issue. If it's not too late I'd return it and swap it for another unit.

No Its common your lucky ... If you check online about these issues they say its a software issue so they need to just patch it! But seems they have not yet which is a shame VR 2 been out for a while and nothing! You did not have the issue so no need for you to look for a fix lol as I did but glad yours is working fine I just have to do this fix all the time to play a game and it gets old ;)

2 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

No Its common your lucky ... If you check online about these issues they say its a software issue so they need to just patch it! But seems they have not yet which is a shame VR 2 been out for a while and nothing! You did not have the issue so no need for you to look for a fix lol as I did but glad yours is working fine I just have to do this fix all the time to play a game and it gets old ;)

After checking I see that you're correct. Again, return it if you can and swap for another unit and keep your fingers crossed. 

7 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

After checking I see that you're correct. Again, return it if you can and swap for another unit and keep your fingers crossed. 

Thats the thing returning it makes no difference I think cause its like a 50/50 its doing it again. Like I said its nothing wrong with the controllers its a software thing! Sony needs to patch it ;)