TW2 GOTY?

Piggie_Pie

I have no idea why TopWare thought it was ok to make a game of the year edition to a game that most people stuck their noses up to... but here it is...

http://beefjack.com/news/two-worlds-ii-game-of-the-year-edition-hits-ps3-or-does-it/

too bad i already got the unfinished version of the game otherwise i would have been able to get the DLC for the same price almost a year later, lol

You sure about this? It seems to me like the goty didn't even exist :P

yeah its something that they announced be like you said it may not even exist... sounds like by reading into it they have something in the Germain stores or something like that...

who knows whats going on...

yeah its something that they announced be like you said it may not even exist... sounds like by reading into it they have something in the Germain stores or something like that...

who knows whats going on...

Well that's a retarded move if i've ever heard one. That will only make potential buyers endlessly wait for the GOTY edition when they could've bought the regular edition and the company that made the game could've made themselves a money ;)

Well that's a retarded move if i've ever heard one. That will only make potential buyers endlessly wait for the GOTY edition when they could've bought the regular edition and the company that made the game could've made themselves a money ;)

They have been making a lot of bad choices from the start... i had my eye on this game from the start and i still really enjoyed it when i had it... it still remains an under rated RPG in my book and it was worth the 70 or 80 hours i put into it...

They have been making a lot of bad choices from the start... i had my eye on this game from the start and i still really enjoyed it when i had it... it still remains an under rated RPG in my book and it was worth the 70 or 80 hours i put into it...

So, if i were to buy this game right now, would i be dissapointed or would i play the living crap out of it? Me being a newbie to the RPG genre. With christmas being around the corner and the pricetag very low (at least over here) this seems like the perfect time. The question remans though, obviously something went wrong with this game but what does this game that others don't?

Still, it seems like the guy from the site wasn't to happy with it and i'm guessing that he's played quite a few RPG's in his day.

But like you said, it seems like they made an awfull lot of mistakes with this game. Kinda reminds me of Brink :P

i hate the idea of getting a game without the other games in the series, it's most likely the reason why i didn't get that even it looked ok. it's also the reason i won't be getting Mass Effet 2 / 3 or Dead rising 2.

i thinking of getting dead island but i have so many games i might need to skip it if only to keep control over my own sanity vs the crushing weight of my backlog o_O

So, if i were to buy this game right now, would i be dissapointed or would i play the living crap out of it? Me being a newbie to the RPG genre. With christmas being around the corner and the pricetag very low (at least over here) this seems like the perfect time. The question remans though, obviously something went wrong with this game but what does this game that others don't?

Still, it seems like the guy from the site wasn't to happy with it and i'm guessing that he's played quite a few RPG's in his day.

But like you said, it seems like they made an awfull lot of mistakes with this game. Kinda reminds me of Brink :P

There are a lot of people who couldn't get past the tutorial island area due to the battle system... i on the other hand liked it and kept going until platinum... it has a unique magic system and once you figure it out you will be a power house...

but i try to play each game for what it is... i don't really care if the game has flaws as long as i can play it and have fun with it...

i can say that it was a great game but other people thought it sucked... but at the same time i don't play a lot of the "popular" games...

There are a lot of people who couldn't get past the tutorial island area due to the battle system... i on the other hand liked it and kept going until platinum... it has a unique magic system and once you figure it out you will be a power house...

but i try to play each game for what it is... i don't really care if the game has flaws as long as i can play it and have fun with it...

i can say that it was a great game but other people thought it sucked... but at the same time i don't play a lot of the "popular" games...

Hmm, might try it out some time.

What exactly is weird about the battle system in this game?

Hmm, might try it out some time.

What exactly is weird about the battle system in this game?

Your character is extremely fragile in the beginning. There's no way you can trade hits with any enemy and survive the battle. That's why my knight/melee battler had a rough start and also why I switched to concentrating on the mage attributes.

I had to go to other forums and read other peoples suggestions and come back to try again. I found it best to draw one enemy away from packs and take them down one at a time. This strategy lasted for the entirety of the game.

Your character is extremely fragile in the beginning. There's no way you can trade hits with any enemy and survive the battle. That's why my knight/melee battler had a rough start and also why I switched to concentrating on the mage attributes.

I had to go to other forums and read other peoples suggestions and come back to try again. I found it best to draw one enemy away from packs and take them down one at a time. This strategy lasted for the entirety of the game.

In other words, nothing for a RPG newbie like me :P

I had to do the same thing starting out in Oblivion. It's an old RPG pro move. ;)

• Like 1

I had to do the same thing starting out in Oblivion. It's an old RPG pro move. ;)

:awesome:

In other words, nothing for a RPG newbie like me :P

Lol, that's not what I meant. I just meant the game makes you take a different approach to battles than most other games nowadays. You can't just hack and slash so to speak.

Btw, tw2 is an action rpg, so the fights are pretty much like other action games. The rpg part of it comes into play on how you decide to build your character. There also tons of micro managing things you can do like making spells and potions or upgrading weapons.

:awesome:

Lol, that's not what I meant. I just meant the game makes you take a different approach to battles than most other games nowadays. You can't just hack and slash so to speak.

Btw, tw2 is an action rpg, so the fights are pretty much like other action games. The rpg part of it comes into play on how you decide to build your character. There also tons of micro managing things you can do like making spells and potions or upgrading weapons.

So we're working along the bloodlines of Borderlands or Oblivion...probably closer to Oblivion though

With TW2 you have more control over your characters development as opposed to Borderlands. I've never had the opportunity to play Oblivion.

You've never played Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion??? Wow... :blink: You definitely need to add that to your after Christmas list...make sure you get the complete version w/ all the DLC included.

You've never played Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion??? Wow... :blink: You definitely need to add that to your after Christmas list...make sure you get the complete version w/ all the DLC included.

My backlog is already big enough thank you kindly. :P

Nowhere as big as yours, but big enough that I'm trying not to add to it. We'll see what happens.

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd mention that this game (yes, the GOTY version) is releasing on PSN tomorrow, so if anyone wants to check it out and hasn't already, I would say to buy it there. No idea how much the retail GOTY version is going for now, but it's likely this won't be a full $60 on PSN, since it sounds like this has been out for a year or two.

On that note, it sounds like I might try this. After beasting through Kingdoms of Amalur, I'm aching for another WRPG style game, and this sounds like it'll fit that nicely. If the retail GOTY is cheaper, I'll gladly get that..would prefer to save my remaining 500GB for free PS+ games and other retail/DD games I get.

Edit-On the other hand, I think I'll probably get the regular edition, it's MUCH cheaper on Amazon. Unless the GOTY edition goes for like $20 on PSN, I don't think it's worth it at all. It's not like you get the swag from getting the GOTY edition of a digital game anyway (at least the figures and stuff, I know that soundtracks/videos are possible)

Edited by gamerm1337

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the update. It's $25, which I think is a very reasonable price, especially when it's a GOTY of a 20 dollar retail game.

Also, I don't visit the EU store nor pay any attention to it or any of the prices. Only thing I've gotten from the EU store is a free Sonic CD theme that came here a week or so later anyway.