Are all expansions free?

Taliesin_2943

7 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm thinking about getting into Minecraft and want to know are all these expansions free? I see tons of dlc in the store but they all seem to be skins or mini games 

Yes. These are technically not expansions, but updates to the game,  and they come free as soon as you start the game while online.

None of the paid dlc is required for anything.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, all the trophy DLCs were patched in for free but if you're on the PS4, the mini-game DLCs can't be completed unless you use one of the many exploits available, due to the Douchebag A-Hole devs blocking access to them for anyone who started playing after a certain date :(.

Are these exploits listed on here so when I go for it I know what to do?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, HuntingFever said:

the mini-game DLCs can't be completed unless you use one of the many exploits available, due to the Douchebag A-Hole devs blocking access to them for anyone who started playing after a certain date :(.

Not technically true.

The brown cover physical copy can be picked up relatively easily and allows access to expansions 2 and 5.

12 hours ago, Frontzie said:

Not technically true.

The brown cover physical copy can be picked up relatively easily and allows access to expansions 2 and 5.

What version's that? I only know of the one with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover, along with the newer Bedrock release 🤔.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

#1 - Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (Legacy Console) [2014 - 2020]

IMG-8716.jpg

#2 - Minecraft (Bedrock) [2020 and beyond…]

IMG-8718.jpg

In image #1 is the desired version for access to the mini games (and therefore the trophies from expansions 2 and 5 on PS4) via exploit(s) so pretend the version in image #2 doesn’t exist.

Edited by Dry

9 hours ago, Dry said:

#1 - Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (Legacy Console) [2014 - 2020]

IMG-8716.jpg

#2 - Minecraft (Bedrock) [2020 and beyond…]

IMG-8718.jpg

In image #1 is the desired version for access to the mini games (and therefore the trophies from expansions 2 and 5 on PS4) via exploit(s) so pretend the version in image #2 doesn’t exist.

image 1 is the Diamond Armour Steve version I was referring to :). Also, having that specific retail version is part of the exploits I eluded to in my earlier post, because you need it to trigger them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...