Makin’ Grandpa Proud.

I platinumed on PS5 and I originally got the Makin’ Grandpa Proud trophy from a boosting session. I switched over to the PS4 version and every trophy popped except for that one. I’ve since had a couple of perfect wins on the original 3 maps and still nothing. Does anyone know what the problem is? Has anyone had similar problems unlocking this naturally? I read somewhere that the problem is disconnects but I even made sure my perfect wins had no disconnecting before the victims were killed. If they have to stay connected throughout the whole match, that seems next to impossible and it seems like nobody boosts on PS4.

Edited by JamieHexum

43 minutes ago, JamieHexum said:

I platinumed on PS5 and I originally got the Makin’ Grandpa Proud trophy from a boosting session. I switched over to the PS4 version and every trophy popped except for that one. I’ve since had a couple of perfect wins on the original 3 maps and still nothing. Does anyone know what the problem is? Has anyone had similar problems unlocking this naturally? I read somewhere that the problem is disconnects but I even made sure my perfect wins had no disconnecting before the victims were killed. If they have to stay connected throughout the whole match, that seems next to impossible and it seems like nobody boosts on PS4.

You may have to join or creat a boost session and put it for PS4 :( although it's odd I've only heard the getting grandpa to lvl 5 not auto unlocking not this one

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

You may have to join or creat a boost session and put it for PS4 :( although it's odd I've only heard the getting grandpa to lvl 5 not auto unlocking not this one

Yeah, that’s what I’m trying. Thank you for the response! I tried deleting my PS4 save data in hopes that would get it to pop, but no luck.

Edited by JamieHexum

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not talking about intergenerational autopop since I started playing recently, but I think there's an issue with both PS4 and PS5 that prevents new players from acquiring the "Makin' Granpa Proud" trophy.
I've already won 4 maps including Nancy's house twice without DC, but I still can't get this trophy.
I think this bug probably occurred in either the major update on November 28th or the minor update on December 12th.
For all players who encounter this bug, please report the issue on TCM's Twitter or Official Support.

TCM Twitter: https://twitter.com/TXChainSawGame

Official Support: https://support.txchainsawgame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited by Fate-T-Harlaown1
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 11:08 AM, Fate-T-Harlaown1 said:

I'm not talking about intergenerational autopop since I started playing recently, but I think there's an issue with both PS4 and PS5 that prevents new players from acquiring the "Makin' Granpa Proud" trophy.
I've already won 4 maps including Nancy's house twice without DC, but I still can't get this trophy.
I think this bug probably occurred in either the major update on November 28th or the minor update on December 12th.
For all players who encounter this bug, please report the issue on TCM's Twitter or Official Support.

TCM Twitter: https://twitter.com/TXChainSawGame

Official Support: https://support.txchainsawgame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yep happen to me too, been playing on the PS5 version and tried on the PS4 version too, all victims got killed and they never disconnect until the very end of the match where you have the result tab so I do highly believe it's because of the new map or, like you said, in the latest patch they add. They somehow make the trophy unobtainable or something so best to send them a ticket and let them know so they can fix it in the next update (and yes I already send a request yesterday).

I did talk to Gun a couple of times. It looks like the collectible that’s tied to the trophy is glitched. If you look in your unlockables, you’ll probably see one that says “achieve 1 more perfect family wins”. They never said for sure they were fixing it, but I’m hopeful it’ll be in the next patch. 

But yes, anyone having this problem should also contact them.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:22 AM, JamieHexum said:

I did talk to Gun a couple of times. It looks like the collectible that’s tied to the trophy is glitched. If you look in your unlockables, you’ll probably see one that says “achieve 1 more perfect family wins”. They never said for sure they were fixing it, but I’m hopeful it’ll be in the next patch. 

wdym for "in your unlockables"? Also, I don't see why they would debate on fixing a glitch/bug for the next patch unless I interpretate what you said there wrong, but if not, unless they don't It's either they won't litsen to some of the people's tieckets supports, don't know how to fix that issue or they just don't want to at all which would be so mean to everyone playing and grind in this game.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:22 AM, JamieHexum said:

Also when you contact them, when did you get your response? Cause I wrote mine to them a week ago and still didn't get a response.

Edited by Son-GokuLR

On 12/30/2023 at 12:28 AM, Son-GokuLR said:

Also when you contact them, when did you get your response? Cause I wrote mine to them a week ago and still didn't get a response.

On 12/29/2023 at 11:08 PM, Son-GokuLR said:

wdym for "in your unlockables"? Also, I don't see why they would debate on fixing a glitch/bug for the next patch unless I interpretate what you said there wrong, but if not, unless they don't It's either they won't litsen to some of the people's tieckets supports, don't know how to fix that issue or they just don't want to at all which would be so mean to everyone playing and grind in this game.

Your unlockables are under Progression if you tab over. It was awhile before I got a response. I contacted them about something else in September and got no response at all. Beyond that, I don’t have any info.

Edited by JamieHexum

On 12/31/2023 at 5:32 PM, JamieHexum said:

Your unlockables are under Progression if you tab over. It was awhile before I got a response. I contacted them about something else in September and got no response at all. Beyond that, I don’t have any info.

Not for me(?), in any PS5 games I never had any "progression" thing that can tell me how much I'm doing there (beside maybe the first games that come out for the 5), either It's % or 1/10 (example). as for the response, I see, just hope they're not like "hiding" my question cause they don't care about it for some reason

Edited by Son-GokuLR

• 1 month later...

I was wondering what was happening with this trophy on my end recently as well, as I primarily play family, I've definitely done the requirements for it - 4k on SH, then back to back perfect win on GS and FH earlier this week when I was tracking it. So it looks like it's still bugged and just raised a support ticket. But if it's been 3+ months I'm not hopeful that they're taking the issue serious. 

39 minutes ago, jimmy020889 said:

I was wondering what was happening with this trophy on my end recently as well, as I primarily play family, I've definitely done the requirements for it - 4k on SH, then back to back perfect win on GS and FH earlier this week when I was tracking it. So it looks like it's still bugged and just raised a support ticket. But if it's been 3+ months I'm not hopeful that they're taking the issue serious. 

It's gun media..... Complain enough they will just ditch it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmy020889 said:

I’ve been in contact with them about it a couple of times. Was hoping it would be in the new update, but nada. The one thing that gives me hope is that it did take them quite awhile to get back to me each time, so maybe they’ll still get to it and just had other stuff ahead of it. Then again, maybe that’s copium.

Just to add to this, I was in contact with Gun about the issues on the PlayStation 5 edition with regards to Makin Grandpa Proud and this afternoon I received a reply to the effect that they have instructed the team to investigate the issue and issue a fix once the problem is verified. 

• Like 1

I see on the site people are unlocking this which makes me think it might be related to victims disconnecting? 

I've setup some sessions over the next few days and will probably have some next week, as I would like to verify whether that might be the problem. If anyone wants to join and we'll do Gun's job for them!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, M4sinner said:

Its been months. What an atrocious development team. There's NO way this is a hard fix.

BTW, it has nothing to do with dc's. The collectible is still broken.

Agreed on both accounts. It’s definitely the collectible and they’ve said as much. As far as them being an atrocious team, have you seen some of the interactions the studio heads have had with people on twitter? I get this fanbase has been toxic, but I would be embarrassed to work for Gun given some of their behavior.

9 hours ago, JamieHexum said:

It’s definitely the collectible and they’ve said as much. 

It isn't the collectible. You're conflating the issue. The trophy and in-game collectibles are unrelated not to mention the in-game collectible has been broken since launch and never worked. The trophy was working and then stopped at some point over the last few months. 

3 hours ago, jimmy020889 said:

It isn't the collectible. You're conflating the issue. The trophy and in-game collectibles are unrelated not to mention the in-game collectible has been broken since launch and never worked. The trophy was working and then stopped at some point over the last few months. 

Okay.

Edited by JamieHexum