Makin’ Grandpa Proud.

4 hours ago, DeaditeFox said:

There seems to be a recent achiever on this trophy? Did they fix it or did that person hacked it? Seems a bit dodgy since he's the only achiever at the moment 🤔

The trophy can be obtained but the way I figured it is it MUST be one of the first trophies you go for... I boosted this game with 7 consoles just me and my buddy and all of our dummy accts got the damn trophy but us lol... we started doing other trophies first but our dummies were just walking in circles the whole time and at the end of the matches where WE SHOULD have gotten the trophy we didn't but the dummy that was on the family side at the time did get it. The only thing I can think of is u MUST do the 3 maps back to back to back on ur first go with no repeats bc that's what we did but only after we spent time killing etc.

On 2/22/2024 at 1:05 PM, SebShifter27 said:

Care to elaborate on how you got it done, unless you hacked it? @DavySuicide

If you look on my profile you can see that i played the game last year in september and popped the platinum in october, the only thing i did last week was autopop the US stacks as my friend shared the game with me. If you finish the game once legit you can autopop the other 3 stacks ( everything pops exctept feeding grandpa once in a match to level 5 ) 

Therefore i have no idea about the issue with the mentioned trophy. When i played the game last year everything worked perfectly, and this was one of the trophies i definitely boosted in a private session.

But the game received a lot of updates in the last few weeks, such as a new map, new characters, also game mechanic has been changed ( like leatherface is not required anymore to start a match ) 

Maybe they also changed stuff that unlocks in private sessions. You guys tried to unlock this trophy online? 

The only thing i can say for sure is that the trophy pops auto if you already earned it once in the past with your profile, because i did it this week. 

Good luck to all who need the trophy. 

• Like 2

So myself and 4 others, along with 2 of them using extra consoles, on the site tried testing this trophy. All of this was a combination of private and then public matches.

Initially we tried letting one player get 4Ks on EVERY map and their variant. Nothing.

Before we started a new session on a separate day I played solo and got perfect wins on every map with randoms.

In our next session we then tried letting each family member get a kill, each one feeding grandpa and getting him to level 5 before the final kill. Again nothing.

The trophy is definitely bugged in some capacity, because we literally did what the trophy asks. My last theory, based on the records of people getting it, is that you can't get it once you exceed a particular level, as my impression is the people popping it are probably not over 20-30 as they don't have many other trophies. Other than that I'm totally out of ideas! The support team got back to my bug request but given their treatment of the community I'm not hopeful they'll fix it.

Edited by jimmy020889

Unfortunately with the very recent news that Sumo Digital are turning over responsibility to Black Tower for supporting the game moving forward, getting the Trophy ‘Makin grandpa proud’ fixed just took on a whole new level of “probably not happening”. I’ve messaged Gun Media to see what their next generic response will be, but seeing as the bulk of their players are all on Gamepass after the recent announcement of player numbers, it really feels like as long as it works on other platforms, PlayStation won’t be seeing a fix anytime soon.  

• Like 2

Me and my friends are thinking to try something that we haven’t yet done. We have all played this on the PlayStation 5, no PS4 version in sight, so we are going to delete the save and try to do the trophy again! 

Edited by Bionic-Spencer
Adding stuff
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bionic-Spencer said:

Me and my friends are thinking to try something that we haven’t yet done. We have all played this on the PlayStation 5, no PS4 version in sight, so we are going to delete the save and try to do the trophy again! 

Since the game data and progress of users of this game are managed by PSID on the server side, it is probably impossible to avoid bugs, but if we can avoid bugs in that way, we will be freed from this hell!

Edited by Fate-T-Harlaown1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fate-T-Harlaown1 said:

Hey! The official Twitter is replying to users who are having trouble with this trophy bug!
Apparently they are aware of this bug, so I don't know when it will be fixed, but I'm sure it will be fixed!

https://twitter.com/TXChainSawGame/status/1765102359183589736

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I mean I’ve talked to them a few times so I know they’re aware of it, but it’s a good sign that they’re acknowledging it publicly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! It looks like the update on the March 28th will finally fix the bug that prevents you from getting Makin’ Grandpa Proud! Patch notes have been published on the official X account!

https://www.txchainsawgame.com/hub/patch-notes-mar-28

If you get any trophies after this update, please report it here!

Edited by Fate-T-Harlaown1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jimmy020889 said:

I hope the thing just pops based on stats or is doable in private, otherwise it's going to be a tedious wait with the new map dropping!

Have you read the official patch notes?
According to the content, this trophy cannot be obtained on additional maps including Nancy's house.

>Fixed: Makin’ Grandpa Proud
>
>We have fixed the issue where Makin’ Grandpa Proud was not >unlocking, however Makin’ Grandpa Proud will only unlock for base >game maps, meaning that it will not unlock on Nancy’s House or The Mill

There was some concern among players regarding this acquisition condition that it would become more difficult to acquire trophies each time a new map was implemented, but with this patch note, the official official has provided a complete answer.
Even if it doesn't pop based on the stats, it won't be a problem as long as you meet the conditions on the 3 maps that have been around since the beginning.
...Personally, I'd like it to pop based on statistics, or triggered by a single outright victory on one of the early maps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fate-T-Harlaown1 said:

Have you read the official patch notes?
According to the content, this trophy cannot be obtained on additional maps including Nancy's house.

>Fixed: Makin’ Grandpa Proud
>
>We have fixed the issue where Makin’ Grandpa Proud was not >unlocking, however Makin’ Grandpa Proud will only unlock for base >game maps, meaning that it will not unlock on Nancy’s House or The Mill

There was some concern among players regarding this acquisition condition that it would become more difficult to acquire trophies each time a new map was implemented, but with this patch note, the official official has provided a complete answer.
Even if it doesn't pop based on the stats, it won't be a problem as long as you meet the conditions on the 3 maps that have been around since the beginning.
...Personally, I'd like it to pop based on statistics, or triggered by a single outright victory on one of the early maps.

Urgh... I think you completely misunderstood my point. On Twitter they stated the new map will be mostly in circulation on release, so not only is it tedious waiting around for the map you need, then hoping no victims DC, bleed out or escape, but the chances of getting the base maps is going to be a slog. 

Before I gave up on the game, after the February update, EVERY single match the final victim would quit and victims always DC after being killed. 

On 3/27/2024 at 11:40 PM, jimmy020889 said:

Urgh... I think you completely misunderstood my point. On Twitter they stated the new map will be mostly in circulation on release, so not only is it tedious waiting around for the map you need, then hoping no victims DC, bleed out or escape, but the chances of getting the base maps is going to be a slog. 

Before I gave up on the game, after the February update, EVERY single match the final victim would quit and victims always DC after being killed. 

Oh, is that what you meant? It's certainly a troublesome topic.
I think the best way is to refer to past statistics and activate the in-game trigger.
Or, even if the victims perform a DC, if they are correctly counted as annihilated, all that is left to do is select a map and depart...

After the update was completed, I tested whether it would pop automatically based on the in-game statistics, but it seems like it doesn't pop in my environment.
Also, in the reward list that allows you to view in-game setting materials, there is an item called ``Achieve one complete victory on the family side,'' but this item has also remained locked since before the update.
I haven't yet achieved a perfect victory in a match on the initial map after the update, so I can't confirm whether one perfect victory will trigger a trophy.
If any players have achieved one outright victory on any of the three initial maps after the update, please report them here!

• Like 1

Works fine now. Didn’t auto pop but after winning the three original maps again, it unlocked. Only took them nearly 4 months to fix! Feels good to have this one finally finished. Good luck to you all.

• Like 2