[Event] 2024 PSNP Scrabble Your Platinum!

17 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:
  • Any 100% with the final trophy being your "platinum"
  • Any DLC with the final trophy being your "platinum"

That's unfortunate.

Interesting, would you mind elaborating? How is this unfortunate? 3-5 games in you will have a boat load of letters to work with and I didn't want to exclude non platinum games and DLC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

This sounds like it could be fun, and a decent challenge, I’m in.

When you say you’ll count entrants after a board has been posted, do you mean a board with a word on it that we will keep adding to and posting throughout the year, or do you mean a full board?

Either or. If you want to post updates I will will keep your score updated and forum page linked on the leaderboards. If you would rather wait until you have a full board you feel like you can't do anything else to, that works too.

Edited by NerdRage04
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

I’m intrigued, but for clarification purposes, every single tile needs to be filled? Am I understanding this correctly 

I will make an example shortly. Every tile does not need to be filled, it just needs to be filled as much as you can. The words need to be real words top to bottom and left to right. If your words are too close together, there will be a chance that gibberish will be created if you aren't paying attention. I don't think it is possible to completely fill the board?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Oh. Maybe I misread.

I understood it as the letters would only count if the Platinum was the last trophy obtained in the list.

Yeah, you definitely misread. He said that the final trophy in the list you pop would be treated as a Platinum Trophy for that list and you'd play Scrabble with that trophy's title. It makes sense - a platinum trophy always pops at the same time as the last trophy you earn in a list so having the final trophy you earn in a DLC pac or a non-platinum trophy list would have popped a platinum trophy in those lists had platinum trophies. ;)

I think this is an interesting concept to meld into other events. I am on the fence about doing it as I don't know if I plan on doing too many events in 2024 but I'll get back to you on that. :)