Which trophy can be left for last?

Ivotas

Can anybody please tell me, which trophies are possible candidates to be left for last to earn the platinum with?

I ask because I usually try to earn all DLC trophies before the plat. And from what I've seen so far, many people had the Gna battle be their last trophy. I was planning to do the same but from what I've heard about the DLC, it will play a bit differently from the main game. Meaning there is a chance that I might have to get used to new mechanics likely unlearning the current mechanics along the way. Meaning if I come back to face Gna after I hopefully get the DLC trophies I might not be in top for to take her on. Which is a scenario I would like to avoid.

So after this long explanation, could someone please tell me if there is a non-combat related trophy in the main game that could be left for last? Would be great if there was.

The Curator trophy. It requires to gather a considerable amount of collectables spread all around the world. I tend to leave 1  trophy before I pop the Platinum to have them in the order I want, for this one I found the last collectable and saved infront of it, then I went poped every GOW trophy in order. 

There is also a trophy that you can only get after beating the game. It's pretty easy to figure out which one when you finish the game. I won't say which one to avoid spoiling it for you. 

All of the collectibles trophies can be earned last, and some could make for cracking screenshots. No collectibles are missable, so you can go back for them at any point. My last trophy was obtaining all of the hilts, but books, artifacts, apples, horns and shields are all possible to obtain last.

Ratatoskr collectibles are the same. Stags and lindwyrms can be done last, but won't make for as nice a screenshot if you care about that kind of thing.

Even some sidequests like freeing the Hafgufa and returning the Hammer can be done last. I wouldn't worry at all about leaving anything.

Edited by Cosmicborne
Muspelheim Trials cannot be finished last, corrected error

1 hour ago, Sagaftw3 said:

The Curator trophy. It requires to gather a considerable amount of collectables spread all around the world. I tend to leave 1  trophy before I pop the Platinum to have them in the order I want, for this one I found the last collectable and saved infront of it, then I went poped every GOW trophy in order. 

There is also a trophy that you can only get after beating the game. It's pretty easy to figure out which one when you finish the game. I won't say which one to avoid spoiling it for you. 

Thank you for your feedback. A question about the collectables. I thought that I read in the guide that you receive an items after defeating Hrolf. Not sure if Gna is the same. And at the same time I heard that getting all collectibles gives you really good armor to tackle both Hrolf and Gna which has been a bit of conflicting information. So my worry right now is if the collectibles can truly be left for last after defeating those two or not.

I see. Is that the one involving Brok? Don't worry about spoiling me. I've already played this on release on my alt account exactly because I was worried about spoilers. I only didn't play until now because I want this game to be my 100th plat as GoW 1-3 were my first three plats.^^

1 hour ago, Cosmicborne said:

All of the collectibles trophies can be earned last, and some could make for cracking screenshots. No collectibles are missable, so you can go back for them at any point. My last trophy was obtaining all of the hilts, but books, artifacts, apples, horns and shields are all possible to obtain last.

Ratatoskr collectibles are the same. Stags and lindwyrms can be done last, but won't make for as nice a screenshot if you care about that kind of thing.

Even some sidequests like freeing the Hafgufa and returning the Hammer can be done last. I wouldn't worry at all about leaving anything.

Thanks for your reply too. I guess the collectibles then really are possible to be left for last if the both of you say that. But good to know that some of the sidequests also can be left for last. For some reason I always thought that Hrolf and Gna should be tackled if you've done everything else in the game. I guess I was wrong which is nice.

3 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

I had Besties for last, made for a decent clip/photo for the plat

Oh wait, that one can be done last? I guess this is it then. Not tied to upgrades and leveling up. For some reason I remembered this one as an unmissable trophy. If that one can be left for last this is so far the number 1 contender for that spot. Thank you very much.^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Oh wait, that one can be done last? I guess this is it then. Not tied to upgrades and leveling up. For some reason I remembered this one as an unmissable trophy. If that one can be left for last this is so far the number 1 contender for that spot. Thank you very much.^^

Besties is a good choice. I'm unsure how much you know the game, but the trophy description makes it sound a bit simpler than it is. It is tied to a sidequest called...

Spoiler

Animal Instincts

Just make sure not to finish that sidequest as to unintentionally pop the trophy.

2 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Thank you for your feedback. A question about the collectables. I thought that I read in the guide that you receive an items after defeating Hrolf. Not sure if Gna is the same. And at the same time I heard that getting all collectibles gives you really good armor to tackle both Hrolf and Gna which has been a bit of conflicting information. So my worry right now is if the collectibles can truly be left for last after defeating those two or not.

I see. Is that the one involving Brok? Don't worry about spoiling me. I've already played this on release on my alt account exactly because I was worried about spoilers. I only didn't play until now because I want this game to be my 100th plat as GoW 1-3 were my first three plats.^^

Thanks for your reply too. I guess the collectibles then really are possible to be left for last if the both of you say that. But good to know that some of the sidequests also can be left for last. For some reason I always thought that Hrolf and Gna should be tackled if you've done everything else in the game. I guess I was wrong which is nice.

When I got the Platinum it was on release date. Perhaps they added new stuff with that New Game + patch. I don't recall any armor as a reward for 100% the artifacts (which are the ones I'm referring), I killed Gna and the Viking last boss before I 100% the Artifacts. 

Bork's funeral can be left to the very last if you are careful. You have to enter a specific house of an NPC to start the funeral, it is not a cutscene, you can move around and talk to everyone. This is after beating the story where some NPCs get some kind of closure/epilogue. If you don't care about beign spoiled you can just check a video on the trophy to know which house to avoid for the very last. 

Edit: Beating Hrof rewards you a relic with a new skill with a long cooldown on it, you can only equip one relic, they give buffs or a skill. It's a choice of preferred skills at the end, there's many others that are as useful if not better. Gna gives you a new bow for Freya IIRC.

Edit 2: The collectables are called Artifacts.

Edited by Sagaftw3

4 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

I did Pure of Hart.  I left one of the stags right by a teleprompter so I could get it with in seconds of leaving.  They are also marked on the map for ease

I think this is yet another good choice. Thank you very much. Will keep that in my mind too for when I get closer to completion.

3 hours ago, Cosmicborne said:

Besties is a good choice. I'm unsure how much you know the game, but the trophy description makes it sound a bit simpler than it is. It is tied to a sidequest called...

Reveal hidden contents

Animal Instincts

Just make sure not to finish that sidequest as to unintentionally pop the trophy.

Thanks, that's good to know.

3 hours ago, Sagaftw3 said:

When I got the Platinum it was on release date. Perhaps they added new stuff with that New Game + patch. I don't recall any armor as a reward for 100% the artifacts (which are the ones I'm referring), I killed Gna and the Viking last boss before I 100% the Artifacts. 

Bork's funeral can be left to the very last if you are careful. You have to enter a specific house of an NPC to start the funeral, it is not a cutscene, you can move around and talk to everyone. This is after beating the story where some NPCs get some kind of closure/epilogue. If you don't care about beign spoiled you can just check a video on the trophy to know which house to avoid for the very last. 

Edit: Beating Hrof rewards you a relic with a new skill with a long cooldown on it, you can only equip one relic, they give buffs or a skill. It's a choice of preferred skills at the end, there's many others that are as useful if not better. Gna gives you a new bow for Freya IIRC.

Edit 2: The collectables are called Artifacts.

I think that might actually also be a good closing point for the platinum hunt. But I will defintely look up what house that is to not accidentally trigger the event.

Again, thank you everyone for your feedback. That's much appreciated.^^

On 12/12/2023 at 5:39 PM, Cosmicborne said:

Hey mate, sorry to get back on this subject but I now have a follow up question to what you said. I looked the quests up you mentioned and it seems that besides trophies I get no rewards for finding all books, flowers and artifacts. Is that true?

I ask because I would like to have all weapons and the armor I'm using fully upgraded, have all shields available and be max level when facing Gna and Hrolf. Stags and Lindwyrms earn me upgrade materials. But I can't find anything on flowers, books and artefacts granting you items that power you up. So I would just like to confirm if that info is correct. Do you by any chance remember this?^^

On 12/19/2023 at 1:59 AM, Ivotas said:

Hey mate, sorry to get back on this subject but I now have a follow up question to what you said. I looked the quests up you mentioned and it seems that besides trophies I get no rewards for finding all books, flowers and artifacts. Is that true?

I ask because I would like to have all weapons and the armor I'm using fully upgraded, have all shields available and be max level when facing Gna and Hrolf. Stags and Lindwyrms earn me upgrade materials. But I can't find anything on flowers, books and artefacts granting you items that power you up. So I would just like to confirm if that info is correct. Do you by any chance remember this?^^

I'm really sorry, I don't remember. I haven't gone out of my way to collect everything since my first playthrough. From what I remember, books, flowers and artifacts only give you lore, but don't quote me on that.

23 hours ago, Cosmicborne said:

I'm really sorry, I don't remember. I haven't gone out of my way to collect everything since my first playthrough. From what I remember, books, flowers and artifacts only give you lore, but don't quote me on that.

No worries mate. Just asking in case you remember. I guess I'll risk jeeping the flowers for last and hope that's gonna do the trick. Thanks for the feedback.😊

I'd suggest you do like me and leave out 'Dragon Slayer'. It requires you to craft a specific armor at the shop, so you can clean up everything else entirely and just avoid actively crafting the three armor pieces.

Edited by YairGOW
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, YairGOW said:

I'd suggest you do like me and leave out 'Dragon Slayer'. It requires you to craft a specific armor at the shop, so you can clean up everything else entirely and just avoid actively crafting the three armor pieces.

I've been considering that too lately as I think I might actually stick with Lunda's armor even for Hrolf and Gna. Heard the Dragon Armor set is one of the best in the game so I originally planned to craft it for those two encounters. But maybe I'll try my look without it first. I can at least try. So thanks for the suggestion.^^

14 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

As far as I know the tricking gna into the pit still works if u want to just cheese her fight

I didn't even know there was a cheese method. My original plan was to lower the difficulty if her fight is too much of a hassle. But if she's still to hard after that I will make sure to look up how this works. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.😊

10 hours ago, Ivotas said:

I've been considering that too lately as I think I might actually stick with Lunda's armor even for Hrolf and Gna. Heard the Dragon Armor set is one of the best in the game so I originally planned to craft it for those two encounters. But maybe I'll try my look without it first. I can at least try. So thanks for the suggestion.^^

I used the Undying Pyres Set for most of my playthrough, and had no problem against them (played on Give Me God of War). If you level up most of your equipment to lvl 9, it shouldn't matter much. Good luck :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YairGOW said:

I used the Undying Pyres Set for most of my playthrough, and had no problem against them (played on Give Me God of War). If you level up most of your equipment to lvl 9, it shouldn't matter much. Good luck :)

Thanks for the tip. I will be looking up what the stats for that armor set does. I like to go with a strenght build and so far Lunda's armor seemed to be the best one on that front. But I admit that I've not given much deeper look into the stats of other armors so I'm definitely gonna check that out.^^

• Like 1