Online Pass

Poindexter2291

I went to boot this game up for the first time since 2015 and lo and behold, it's asking me for an online pass before I can play co op. I have a used copy of the game and there's no code in the case, and I see no way to purchase the code either through the PS store or through the in-game menu. I can't believe we as a gaming community allowed this atrocity that was online passes back in the mid 2010s. Owning the game and the PS Plus subscription wasn't enough to play these games online, and now going back to them years later is virtually impossible, and it's not just this game.

I see the online pass in the PS3 store but there's no option to purchase it. What options exist for playing this game's co op in 2023? Am I limited to just hoping to find a sealed copy of the game or gambling on used copies until I find a code that works, or is there a way to buy the online pass separately? 

Thanks in advance

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The digital version has the Online Pass Hardcoded into it so that's an option if nothing else works. As for the retail version, the in-game store should still have the Online Pass: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/99008-online-pass/

The option to "purchase online pass" is greyed out in the in-game menu

27 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If you have a used copy, then you have paid exactly 0.00 to the developer/ producer of the game…

…and they are giving you exactly the access to their online service that you paid for.

Never heard someone defend online passes before... 🤔

32 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Is this one of those cases where the 'purchase' button is hidden on the store?

Try moving to where the 'purchase' button should be and attempt to buy it.

No luck, there is no option to purchase or download the online pass through the ps3 store. Only Overview and Recommendations tabs

2 hours ago, Poindexter2291 said:

The option to "purchase online pass" is greyed out in the in-game menu

Never heard someone defend online passes before... 🤔

No luck, there is no option to purchase or download the online pass through the ps3 store. Only Overview and Recommendations tabs

In that case I haven't got a clue :(.