Can online trophies be done first?

Hey guys, I got a question. Is it possible to get the online trophies out of the way first, if I started playing the game for the first time? Or does the campaign have to be played first?

I just ask because the guide says to do the offline part first. So I was wondering if that's a requirement, kinda like unlocking the online component or if it is just a preference.

Kinda curious because I always want to get online out of the way first if a game allows it. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

In case you're unaware, you can check the trophies of other people  that completed the game and put their list in date order to see if certain trophies orders are possible.

In this case, the last person to platinum did indeed do the online trophies first

Edited by AJ_-_808
Typo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

In case you're unaware, you can check the trophies of other people  that completed the game and put their list in date order to see if certain trophies orders are possible.

In this case, the last person to platinum did indeed do the online trophies first

I do in fact am aware of this. I hope you are also aware that sometimes guides as well as trophy discriptions can be imprecise, meaning that even if I check both, I will not have a solid understanding of which trophies are online and which are offline. This has happened to me before already. So why waste time studying information that might be wrong if a simple question remove all doubts.🤔

I understand where you are comming from, it can be annoying to start threads for question people could easily answer by themselves. But not only is this not a question that people can easily be answer by themselves, I would argue that even the "are the online trophies still ublockable?" threads have valid reasons for existing. Case in point, Arkham Origins, where the online has been completely nuked a couple of months ago. Yet hackers have unlocked it, meaning if you check the most recent date of such a trophy being earned, you would be getting 100% wrong information about the state of the online trophies.😱

Basically what I'm trying to say with that wall of text is, please get off of my back. There are valid reasons why questions like these can be asked. The main one being that your suggestion is not a failsafe approach.😉

With that out of my system, I kindly thank both of you for answering the question.😊

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Hey guys, I got a question. Is it possible to get the online trophies out of the way first, if I started playing the game for the first time? Or does the campaign have to be played first?

I just ask because the guide says to do the offline part first. So I was wondering if that's a requirement, kinda like unlocking the online component or if it is just a preference.

Kinda curious because I always want to get online out of the way first if a game allows it. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can do everything online first, that`s what i did as well. The majority can be done with one more player for a few minor challenges you need a third player ( assists and a few others ) 

• Like 2

You question is valid. Sometimes you have to play the prologue or something in a game before you can start online and maybe you don't get a trophy along the way.

Short answer. Yes we did every online trophy out of the way before we started SP. The online stuff is very tedious but believe me. If you want the platinum. Do the MP first and enjoy the SP. One of the most surprising game for me this year.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

Yes, you can do everything online first, that`s what i did as well. The majority can be done with one more player for a few minor challenges you need a third player ( assists and a few others ) 

Thank you very much. It's good to know that I can knock out the majority of the online out right away with just one other player.^^

18 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

You question is valid. Sometimes you have to play the prologue or something in a game before you can start online and maybe you don't get a trophy along the way.

Yep, Mirror's Edge Catalyst turned out to be such a game I completed only recently.

18 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Short answer. Yes we did every online trophy out of the way before we started SP. The online stuff is very tedious but believe me. If you want the platinum. Do the MP first and enjoy the SP. One of the most surprising game for me this year.

That's exactly what I always plan aim to do if possible. I want to end a game on a good note, which to me is enjoying the sp component. Mp, especially grindy ones I don't like and I don't want that to be my last experience when finishing a game. Getting the treasures for the DLC trophies in Uncharted 3 more than a decade ago is to this day still my worst gaming experience ever.🤢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivotas said:

I do in fact am aware of this. I hope you are also aware that sometimes guides as well as trophy discriptions can be imprecise, meaning that even if I check both, I will not have a solid understanding of which trophies are online and which are offline. This has happened to me before already. So why waste time studying information that might be wrong if a simple question remove all doubts.🤔

I understand where you are comming from, it can be annoying to start threads for question people could easily answer by themselves. But not only is this not a question that people can easily be answer by themselves, I would argue that even the "are the online trophies still ublockable?" threads have valid reasons for existing. Case in point, Arkham Origins, where the online has been completely nuked a couple of months ago. Yet hackers have unlocked it, meaning if you check the most recent date of such a trophy being earned, you would be getting 100% wrong information about the state of the online trophies.😱

Basically what I'm trying to say with that wall of text is, please get off of my back. There are valid reasons why questions like these can be asked. The main one being that your suggestion is not a failsafe approach.😉

With that out of my system, I kindly thank both of you for answering the question.😊

Get off your back?  OK then, how about this then - don't ask stupid questions that you can figure out with a few button clicks and a small amount of effort and critical thinking.

Don't compare this to Arkham Origins, a game that was slated for shutdown years ago.  Since you went through the trouble of looking in it, you would've seen the most recent player auto-popped the online trophies. 1-2 people hacking the ps3 list of a game with a server shutdown thread is hardly comparable to the latest achiever doing the online to this (a ps4 game) first a little over a month ago with no shutdown threads.

Don't fault the perfectly good trophy guide for you being lazy just because they generally put single player as the first stage of the guide.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You can but there is 1 exception: The viral trophy, because you have to finish the main storyline first, else it won't pop when you meet someone else who has also finished the main storyline.

That's only in the ps3 version. Luckily, this version had it's trophies paired down greatly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Get off your back?  OK then, how about this then - don't ask stupid questions that you can figure out with a few button clicks and a small amount of effort and critical thinking.

Don't compare this to Arkham Origins, a game that was slated for shutdown years ago.  Since you went through the trouble of looking in it, you would've seen the most recent player auto-popped the online trophies. 1-2 people hacking the ps3 list of a game with a server shutdown thread is hardly comparable to the latest achiever doing the online to this (a ps4 game) first a little over a month ago with no shutdown threads.

Don't fault the perfectly good trophy guide for you being lazy just because they generally put single player as the first stage of the guide.

You're a funny dude.🤣

27 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

That's only in the ps3 version. Luckily, this version had it's trophies paired down greatly.

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case I stand corrected :).

Thanks for clearing that up. Yep, I indeed plan to start the PS4 version so I'm glad that this trophy won't be an issue.