Missable Trophies (Spoilers)

Dreakon139

I just wanted to start up a thread about this, since I had to revert back to an earlier save to be sure I didn't miss this trophy. Thank goodness I had a single save file still available before I barreled through a good chunk of the main story. Lost about 6 hours of time played but I'll make that up in no time.

From what I'm reading the trophies "Oblivion Walker" and "War Hero" are missable.

War Hero

If you complete the main story, and don't follow certain guidelines in coming up with a peace treaty... this trophy will become impossible to get. As for the treaty, I don't know the specifics of what you need to do or say to keep the trophy obtainable... that's why I wanted to revert back. I kind of rushed through it.

I've heard conflicting views about what needs to be decided at the war council to keep the trophy obtainable.

For those of you not that far yet... the best remedy is to fully complete the Civil War questline(s) (and get the trophy) before getting to that point (the peace treaty) in the Main Story.

Oblivion Walker

This one I don't believe I've technically missed yet. I hope not anyways. There are a number of quests that reward you in the end with a Daedric Artifact. For the most part, you are given it whether you want it or not. For some quests though, you could potentially complete the quest and miss out on the artifact... making it unobtainable. Since there are like 17 quests with Daedric rewards, you're allowed one or two gaffs and still get the trophy. After that you're toast.

I don't know the specific quests or anything, so if this concerns you, feel free to look into it further on your own.

Those are the only two I have for now. If anyone else has any comments to contribute, or other missable trophies, feel free to post your thoughts! :)

EDIT: And if you have these trophies and want to contribute... you guys should totally write up a nice, comprehensive tip for getting them, mentioning they are missable. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm worried about both of these, I'm nearly 40 hrs in now but only done 7 main quests. Now i'm sufficiently levelled up i'm about to jump back to the story. Does anyone now how do I get the civil war storyline done + how do I know which are Daedric Artifact missions will it be obvious when I get there. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm worried about both of these, I'm nearly 40 hrs in now but only done 7 main quests. Now i'm sufficiently levelled up i'm about to jump back to the story. Does anyone now how do I get the civil war storyline done + how do I know which are Daedric Artifact missions will it be obvious when I get there. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know much about the Daedric artifacts, but you start up the Civil War storyline in Solitude for the Imperials and in Windhelm for the Stormcloaks. In your Miscellanious quest section, you probably have one or two entries involving "joining" one side of the Civil War or the other. Going after their quest markers should take you to the folks you need to talk to in order to start the questline up.

As long as you aren't very far in the main quest, play through the Civil War questline at least until you get the War Hero trophy. Then you're right as rain. ;)

Thanks Dreakon. I've been to Solitude but not been to Windhelm yet. I think I want to side with the Stormcloaks so i'll visit there soon I think. My character is up to something daft like level 43 now so i'm going to go for story quests for a bit and try and not get too distracted by side quests and misc...

• 4 weeks later...

The War Hero trophy is glitched; but only if you choose to go with the Stormcloak rebels. After you free your comrades from fort neugrad, Stone-Fist is suppose to send you to a hidden Stormcloak base northeast of Karthwasten; but instead of this mission he skips this mission AND the battle for Fort Sungrad to start the False Front mission. If you have the book or a map from the net showing the location where the hidden base is (located near Liar's Retreat), you can go there and find a couple of horses, no tents, no nothing but a couple of horses. Now there are one of two ways to get around this, either restarting the WHOLE game over OR, if you have a recent save file before joining up with the Stormcloaks, save where you're at and use the old save file and join up with the Imperials, the Imperial version of this mission works fine.

• Like 1

The War Hero trophy is glitched; but only if you choose to go with the Stormcloak rebels. After you free your comrades from fort neugrad, Stone-Fist is suppose to send you to a hidden Stormcloak base northeast of Karthwasten; but instead of this mission he skips this mission AND the battle for Fort Sungrad to start the False Front mission. If you have the book or a map from the net showing the location where the hidden base is (located near Liar's Retreat), you can go there and find a couple of horses, no tents, no nothing but a couple of horses. Now there are one of two ways to get around this, either restarting the WHOLE game over OR, if you have a recent save file before joining up with the Stormcloaks, save where you're at and use the old save file and join up with the Imperials, the Imperial version of this mission works fine.

I don't know whether it's been patched but I've just completed War Hero and Hero of Skyrim trophies by siding with the stormcloaks. I did have a bit of trouble I remember with the missions splitting down and having to select them again in my journal to keep me pointing in the right direction. Apart from that no probs.

Now the companions quests seem to have glitched on me. I have a mission from the huntress to clear a tower which I have already cleared and the marker just directs me to the floor on one of the floors of the tower. I'm hoping I won't have to revert back to an old game save as i've read somewhere that enemies will respawn after 30 days in game so i've ran around doing other quests and left it for a bit.

I'm 110 hrs in now and still messing around although i've managed to tidy up the thieves guild, college and civil war trophies now. I've been busy spreading my skills and i'm level 73 now with ridiculous weapons, i'm systematically maxing each skill out individually as I go so at the moment I am favouring conjuration. It's a truly great game dispite it's glitchs.

I don't know whether it's been patched but I've just completed War Hero and Hero of Skyrim trophies by siding with the stormcloaks. I did have a bit of trouble I remember with the missions splitting down and having to select them again in my journal to keep me pointing in the right direction. Apart from that no probs.

Now the companions quests seem to have glitched on me. I have a mission from the huntress to clear a tower which I have already cleared and the marker just directs me to the floor on one of the floors of the tower. I'm hoping I won't have to revert back to an old game save as i've read somewhere that enemies will respawn after 30 days in game so i've ran around doing other quests and left it for a bit.

I'm 110 hrs in now and still messing around although i've managed to tidy up the thieves guild, college and civil war trophies now. I've been busy spreading my skills and i'm level 73 now with ridiculous weapons, i'm systematically maxing each skill out individually as I go so at the moment I am favouring conjuration. It's a truly great game dispite it's glitchs.

Yeah it's a great game in all but the glitches, framerate skipping and random freezing makes almost unplayable, I just got the plat for this game just a lil while ago; but yeah, the companion missions never glitched on me, neither have the college missions or the brotherhood missions, only the stormcloak side of the civil war glitched on me, I guess it varies from game to game; but it's still fk'ed up how Bethesda hasn't figured out how to fix their own game from all these glitches