Here's an idea, Diamond Trophies!

Ivotas

4 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Don't like the idea

100% is enough reward in itself

If you feel like you need additional reward for doing 100% then maybe stick to the plats tbh

Completely agree, Platinum trophies are enough

• Like 1

Save the diamond trophies for when a game is 100% done with releasing DLC packs. A game like Callisto Protocol where you have to play the game a dozen times or whatever deserves something like that. Or Human Fall Flat; hopefully they're done making new DLC for that one. Just a little something extra for full completion as it does feel a little anticlimactic after something like the recent GoW Valhalla DLC bringing the list back up to 100% after getting the platinum a year ago. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

Would be awesome to get a trophy for 100% but I'm sorry for immediately thinking of the negative likelihood that if they ever make a change to the system it would be the opposite as in take your platinum away once the game gets more DLC just so they would get the "no plat no play" crowd more into buying often overpriced DLC's. They would also send you notifications asking you to come back to reclaim your platinum in this or that game... xD

Oh, the reclaiming thing is an actually very good point you make. Didn't think about that. So if we would have a trophy for getting 100%, what happens to it, if we get yet another DLC trophy pack for the same game? Does the trophy disappear until you reclaim it? I don't like the idea for the same reason we are not having the Platinums being tied to DLC messing with trophy percentage.

Let's take for example a recent example in God of War Ragnarök. Game came out a little more than a year ago and people have been platinuming it since then. Then about a month ago the Valhalla DLC got released and everbody who had the plat lost their 100% and would have to reclaim it by getting all DLC trophies. If they did they would get the trophy for 100% completion. Fair enough. But what happens if at some point in the future there's another DLC with a trophy pack? Surely the 100% would be gone again then so a player should not have a trophy that signifies having earned 100% trophies inlcuding DLC ones. But taking already earned trophies away only to have them re-earn is problematic. At least now that I think about it.

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Saw a similar idea on Reddit 3 weeks ago, except there's would be awarding a Diamond for having 100% of all trophies so long as the base game has a Plat. 

So I kinda like that better than being awarded a Diamond for EVERY DLC pack. But it'd be nice to have either way. 

Oh dear, of course somebody else would have thought of something like this first. Why did I ever think that I came up with something nobody ever thought about previously?😅

5 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

My main issue would be using diamond. Diamond just feels like a step up from platinum in my head so it'd be weird for a DLC pack completion to offer an award that sounds more prestigious lol. Looking at my stats I have only 3 less DLC packs completed than platinums, so, if this were always a thing or if they backdated it then... I'd be damn near close to overtaking my platinum count with diamonds xD. Reminds me a bit of the shovelware filled with golds making people have more golds than silvers or bronzes lol, that's just bizzare.

Not gonna lie here, I honestly don't have any idea what's actually higher platinum or diamond when I came up with the idea. I just knew that we put diamond on a higher pedestal than gold so that's where the idea came from. But if diamond is higher than platinum then perhaps something else would make more sense. My idea was not so much about the material/gem diamond itself but about the general idea that the 100% for DLC lists look somewhat naked without a dedicated final trophy to celebrate that completion. So any suggestions what would be ranked higher than gold but lower than platinum?

It could maybe feel more worth a diamond if it were offered to those who got 100% base game AND 100% in all DLCs but I feel that gets a bit sketchy as DLCs can be added, so do you strip people of those diamonds? They lose trophy XP/level down? Unless it's just a 0 point value completion tracker on your profile but then again you can do that by just having a 'completed games' number on PSN just like PSNP does.

That's just what I said in my paragraph above. I agree that it is sketchy to strip those people of already earned trophies. So maybe a final trophy per DLC pack makes more sense. And just now that I'm writing this I came up with somewhat of a name. Maybe a "Mini Platinum" or "Half Platinum"?

Truth be told I actually rather prefer the idea of Platinums and Pure Platinums but that would mean that all the platinums up until now would be upgraded to Pure Platinums, and that what I suggested would be Diamonds for DLC packs would now be Platinums. Nah, that doesn't feel like it either. Let's return to find something that's lower than a plat but higher than gold. If you have anything I'm eager to hear it. I'm out of ideas for now.😂

That would be amusing to be honest, albeit a tad depressing to see some of the smaller DLC packs having a platinum equivalent whilst some larger full games remain platinum-less. 

Yeah, no game should be platinum-less. They just shouldn't.

Firstly I will say I kinda like the idea 🙂

Secondly, might simply be a extra 'reward' for people with completion issues/OCD... OR a good incentive for people who previously weren't arsed by DLC's. If that sounds brash I'l elaborate lol.

..both are a good thing right 😆

I've always been team happy to get platinum in a game, never bothered about 100% or what dlcs come out. I do like the incentive that post plat you might/could get some new realm of fun shiny award/reward tor trying out new offerings in the game, for the main reason that some additional DLC in games is actually brilliant..  and shouldnt be missed... but is regularly missed by the masses for this very reason 'why bother for a lousy bronze' .And then you get other DLCs that even have zero trophy support but still hold excellent content for ex. First 2 that come to mind Deadman was it in Arizona Sunshine, and the Steph thing in Life is Strange True Colours, (I have focused here on expansion/story related DLC, and not skill based challenge trophies) anywho

...I digress... I'll pinpoint back to the initial point I intended:- this would be great to entice more people to play excellent DLC 🙂

• Like 1

Ok guys, first allow me to thank each and everyone of you for your feedback. As I said this is just a for fun thing but at the end of the day it's just me blurting out thoughts about what could be with trophies. Some people like to do fantasy baseball/football/wrestling and whatnot, I apparently do this. So thank you for your patience and for being good sports.

That being said, it turns out that after listining to your feedback my mind didn't want so stop thinking about this and was constantly trying to fine-tune the idea. Especially the "have a final trophy for overall 100%" as well as "diamond is an upgrade from platinum" points you made got me thinking further after my innitial replies above. So I just have to post it here even at the risk that no one cares at this point.^^'

Updated idea, no Diamonds trophy anymore, but Pure Platinum and Pure Gold instead

A Pure Platinum trophy would pretty much be what you get if you have all trophies of a game, in other words 100%. If you have just the main game but not the DLC it's not different from now and you would just have a Platinum trophy. The thing with this idea is that you cannot have both, Platinum AND Pure Platinum but just one of them as their are upgrades respectively downgrades of each other. In other words, a Pure Platinum you always get for 100% whether the game has DLC or not. But if the game get's DLC at a later point your PP gets downgraded to a regular platinum. So you won't lose the Platinum for completion but the status would be lower (also your points would be reduced). You could reclaim everything of course if you get the DLC trophies and return to 100%. So either way you get a plat but just one.

The Pure Gold trophy I admit sounds not as flashy as Pure Platinum. But after failing to come up with any worthwhile entry for what's higher than gold and lower than platinum I just had the Eureka moment and thought to just keep the pure thing going. A Pure Gold trophy would be what I have discribed in my opening post when I suggested the idea of Diamond trophies. Meaning it's the final trophy that you get for completing a DLC trophy pack. It's really just the same idea. I just think that this might work better because it clearly shows that it's below a platinum while yet being special.

And just for good measure and because it also popped up in my mind one more expension of that idea. Pure Gold trophies could be the reward for getting all online trophies in a main game. For this idea a game without any DLC would still splitt the main trophy list up in a way where you earn the Platinum with offline trophies exclusively. Online trophies are not DLC however they do get their own list just like DLC do. And if you unlock all online trophies then you get a Pure Gold too just as with the DLC above. I'm aware that some games are heavily focused on online or are online exclusively. But the idea here is that if a game has both online and offline trophies, a regular platinum could be earned just with offline trophies while the pure platinum would be earned if all trophies are earned. If a game has online only trophies then there is no need for seperate online and offline lists and the difference between Platinum and Pure Platinum would again only be dependant on whether the game has DLC trophies or not.

Welp, that's about it. Yet another wall of text. As I said, this is just for fun. I know this will never happen and that is good. But I like to get those ideas out and listen to what you guys say in return. Reading your replies has been good food for thought so far.^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivotas said:

The thing with this idea is that you cannot have both, Platinum AND Pure Platinum but just one of them as their are upgrades respectively downgrades of each other.

You might be onto something with a system like that. As an upgrade/downgrade you wouldn't need to to worry about trophy count and I'd say safest bet is to keep the trophy XP unchanged. It's also easier to retroactively apply which is handy. Games without DLC I imagine would default as pure when completed.

Could be a fun visual way to incorporate 100% tracking into the system in an official capacity without breaking anything else.

I wonder, in terms of visual, it could be funny to me if were simply that the pure platinum looks the same as the current platinum but the non pure one looks as if it's a bit dusty/dulled like if you were to neglect taking care of trophy in the real world xD whoops, your platinum got a little dirty, go clean it up lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

You might be onto something with a system like that. As an upgrade/downgrade you wouldn't need to to worry about trophy count and I'd say safest bet is to keep the trophy XP unchanged. It's also easier to retroactively apply which is handy. Games without DLC I imagine would default as pure when completed.

Could be a fun visual way to incorporate 100% tracking into the system in an official capacity without breaking anything else.

I wonder, in terms of visual, it could be funny to me if were simply that the pure platinum looks the same as the current platinum but the non pure one looks as if it's a bit dusty/dulled like if you were to neglect taking care of trophy in the real world xD whoops, your platinum got a little dirty, go clean it up lol.

Visually I thought that both the pure trophies could be pimped up slightly. Like make the Pure Platinum a little bit more shiny. I don't know if you've played Bayonetta but there you could also learn medals for your performance during sections. You could earn platinums and pure platinums. The platinum was already shiny but the pure platinum even more. So maybe something like that. That way you don't mess with the design but there's a clear destinction. Same with the pure gold. Have it shine a bit more.^^

Just a silly "opposite idea" - Copper Trophies just for acquiring DLC. 

So when you launch a game with a DLC you bought or got for free, you just get a copper trophy for each one. They are effectively worthless, but it shows what DLC you have. Imagine getting a bunch of outfits for a fighting game or certain JRPGs, but having to have a copper trophy for each. What a nightmare that would be! Especially if it would be mixed with 100% forcing you to buy all the DLC to get 100%.

Oh dear, it's not a silly idea anymore. What an evil idea. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 7:53 AM, Ivotas said:

Hey guys, I just had this silly idea which is not meant to be taken too serious. Just thought it might maybe lead to a fun discussion to share it with everyone.So let's talk about Diamond trophies.

What are Diamond trophies? you might ask. It's something that I came up with when thinking about DLC trophies. Remember how back in the day some people said that additional trophy sets should have their own platinum but many people rejected it because this would ruin a platinums value if a game has more than one such trophy? Well this is kinda it only without deflating the value of a platinum trophy. Basically the idea is that each DLC pack offers a diamond trophy upon unlocking all other trophies in that pack.

For clarification let's take a game like the original PS3 version of Uncharted 3 for whatever reason. That game has five different DLC packs  with each having 10 trophies. So if you would earn all 10 trophies in let's say DLC pack 2 then you get the Diamond trophy for said pack. Meaning if you get 100% in that game you end up with 1 platinum and 5 diamond trophies. It's just a silly idea catering to all of us who like the feeling of unlocking that one special trophy as a reward for completing the list. Nothing too serious or anything that would ever happen in reality. But just for the sake of it. What do you think of that idea. Yay or nay?

i think that take a game like: dead by daylight how many money and diamond trophy you will have just for that game?

54 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

Just a silly "opposite idea" - Copper Trophies just for acquiring DLC. 

So when you launch a game with a DLC you bought or got for free, you just get a copper trophy for each one. They are effectively worthless, but it shows what DLC you have. Imagine getting a bunch of outfits for a fighting game or certain JRPGs, but having to have a copper trophy for each. What a nightmare that would be! Especially if it would be mixed with 100% forcing you to buy all the DLC to get 100%.

Oh dear, it's not a silly idea anymore. What an evil idea. I'm sorry.

Lol, I also thought about Copper trophies at some point but didn't come up with any real idea what to make of them. But oh dear, please let no corporate head ever hear about that. XD

37 minutes ago, Crichik99 said:

i think that take a game like: dead by daylight how many money and diamond trophy you will have just for that game?

I don't really understand the correlation between money and trophies here. I guess you're talking about paying for the DLC, right? If yes, then don't you pay for the DLC already anyways I'm not sure how a new trophy category would change that. Apologies if I completely butchered your point.