Was there a patch? Thr challenges aren't possible.

I know some people finished the challenges in December, but was there a patch? I'm watching youtube videos and in each one they barely finish sections and get credit, the water is more effective and the dirt is easier to remove. I'm kinda stumped. In all the recommended ones, I find it's not possible to beat the time limit anymore.

Are you certain you're using the right washer, nozzle and soap where required? For example the bike is best with the green nozzle throughout.

The challenges are hard but doable. And if the time limits aren't your thing try the water amount ones where you can take your time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nauticus87 said:

Are you certain you're using the right washer, nozzle and soap where required? For example the bike is best with the green nozzle throughout.

The challenges are hard but doable. And if the time limits aren't your thing try the water amount ones where you can take your time.

This^

The challenges have always been a PITA but they are doable, all can do is keep tying until you find the ones you can actually complete.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The best on the bike timed I got was 99% on three different parts with both green and white short and long extensions. For the engine, it was the connector plug rings I missed. For the Van timed, it takes half to a 3/4 of the metal soap to do the roof. For the van water, I got the tires done with under 4 liters. On side of the van which online shows someone doing it with less than 2 liters but it took 4. The dirt did not come off as easiest using yellow or green

To further clarify, it takes 2 to 3x the resources/time to do each of the tasks compared to the walkthroughs I've seen.

Edited by mikepg1030

Keep at it. It's definitely a pain as others have added, it took me many tries for each of the 5 challenges I did. Bike timed especially is a lot of luck. But if you've watched videos, you know it's doable! Don't lose your patience and keep at it. For reference, I completed 5 timed challenges (bike, van, golf cart, vintage car, firetruck), and I definitely found bike to be the hardest, luckily its short though so I tried it probably close to 50 times before I got it.

3 hours ago, mikepg1030 said:

The best on the bike timed I got was 99% on three different parts with both green and white short and long extensions. For the engine, it was the connector plug rings I missed. For the Van timed, it takes half to a 3/4 of the metal soap to do the roof. For the van water, I got the tires done with under 4 liters. On side of the van which online shows someone doing it with less than 2 liters but it took 4. The dirt did not come off as easiest using yellow or green

To further clarify, it takes 2 to 3x the resources/time to do each of the tasks compared to the walkthroughs I've seen.

For the water ones, you need to do short bursts and quick strokes. Continually holding down the water button to spray is not going to work at all. The green nozzle should be more than fine on the van, except for the windows, where you might need the power nozzle (the strongest stream one). The Van is considered one of the easier water challenges, simply because you don't need a whole lot to clean everything and none of the parts are really hidden or nestled inside of other parts.

Edited by Akimitsu782
  • Like 1

I thought the water ones were too intimidating, so I banged my head on the timed. Got the van done, then tried a few other vehicles. Didn’t go well. Finally got the golf cart done. Tried the bungalow timed and water - also a fail and took a while. 

Ended up easily doing the van, golf cart, dirt bike water challenges. I watched videos of each before trying them and did it easily. 

8 hours ago, mikepg1030 said:

For the Van timed, it takes half to a 3/4 of the metal soap to do the roof. For the van water, I got the tires done with under 4 liters. On side of the van which online shows someone doing it with less than 2 liters but it took 4. The dirt did not come off as easiest using yellow or green

Which would imply it's your technique rather than the game, given that people continue to complete those challenges to this day. The problem with watching videos is you can't see how long they've pushed the button, but I would be confident that the ones you're watching are doing quick presses whereas you may be holding the button, hence the discrepancy in volume.

As Akimitsu said, it's about quick presses of the button and sweeping motions. With the van timed the soap, when used in bursts and sweeps, will cover most of the sides, front and roof. You don't need to be very exact it's about covering a wide area in as little holding of the button as possible, sweeping motions will remove a ton of dirt and then you fly back over it using auto-fire with yellow/green nozzle as needed. With the van water it's about quick presses and sweeping movements with yellow/green, you'll hit more with less water, then go back with red nozzle for the hard to clear bits.

As for your comment about dirt not coming off easiest with yellow/green, it really depends what you're aiming at, how you're sweeping and whether you previously used soap, it's impossible for us to say anything other than what's known: most challenges are doable with those 2 nozzles and the red for specific bits.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed 5 challenges last night with gold.  The water limit ones are definitely easier, but much more time consuming.  I completed the time challenges for the van and the golf kart.  The van took me about 5 tries.  The golf kart took me probably 15 tries, I just had to keep improving.   For the water challenges I completed the van, golf kart, and motorbike/side car thing, I got them all in 1 try.  I almost failed the golf kart though as I had 0.02 gallons left when I finished it.

Some tips I have for timed challenge.
- Turn your sensitivity up more than the default so you can really scroll across the screen fast.
- Use soaps first.  On the van I started by using the metal soap on all the door handles since they were hard to clean and then until it was gone on the sides of the van/bumper.  Then I switched to glass cleaner and did all the windows.  Then switched to yellow and finished what was left.
- Doesn't need to be said, but GO FAST.
- Don't even bother with the dirt bike challenge, its more luck than skill.  I tried it like 20 times and best I could get was 1:19 so I gave up on it.

Tips for water challenges:

- Start with the yellow nozzle and do very fast quick motions.  When I say fast I mean your finger barely presses the trigger for like a split second.  Basically feather the water on if you will.  Don't do this over spots you've already cleaned, unless there's a big area of dirt, obviously since you don't want to waste water. You should use like 0.02-0.03 gallons each try and you can cover a good chunk of space.  Do this until you've hit like 90-95% of the vehicle complete and then switch to the red nozzle and hit the spots that are left by shooting them with a split second burst.  Like you're firing 1 bullet on an automatic gun in a shooting game.  Make sure to highlight dirt CONSTANTLY so you know where to shoot.

I finished the van with about 1 gallon left, the go kart with 0.02 gallons left (mainly because I got too liberal with the yellow nozzle at the start), and the motorbike/side car thing with nearly 3 gallons left.

The Van water challange is surprisingly easy, look at all the areas that count as "body" and do burst shots across them, you'll be surprised how quickly that big part is done with little water usage (the roof is a good place to start)

• Like 1

I recommend the location challenges if you're struggling with the vehicles, I just got gold in both the Back Garden and the Bungalow.

For the time challenges: turn on auto spray, I only used the green nozzle. Note if you hit the touchpad to bring up your gear, the timer stops, rather than holding down the symbols to edit gear. When spraying, move the right thumb stick; the flick cleans off more grime (at least for me) rather than only strafing with the left thumb stick. I finished both with about a minute to spare.

For the water challenges: take your time, flick with the right thumbstick like in the location challenges, and use the soap. When spraying the soap, click once and move to another spot with no soap on it, also save at least 1 L of Multi-Purpose Soap on the Bungalow for the roof, and target the heavy grime areas first, like the bird poop, moss, etc. When spraying do quick bursts with the right stick flick. You'll clear more off with less water.

Good luck, you got this! :)

Edited by Archangel7704
Trying to add image, failed lol

• 3 weeks later...

So I was able to do it using the spray once and quickly move the cursor method. I found it on Youtube. I got lucky with the van challenge, by ducking under the grill, but all the others were the water limit challenges. I'm just waiting on the patch, but it does feel like cheesing a bit, but I guess it's done now. Appreciate the tips

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 10:55 PM, Mickeyminime said:

All challenges are garbage tbh

They’re pretty tough, One thing I employed was I was literally doing one spray at a time to complete the limited water challenges, specifically on the cars - it can be done but i remember it taking several tries. A couple YouTube videos might help also if you’re stuck.

Edited by EVERJUICECRUMBS

On 2/26/2024 at 8:13 PM, EVERJUICECRUMBS said:

They’re pretty tough, One thing I employed was I was literally doing one spray at a time to complete the limited water challenges, specifically on the cars - it can be done but i remember it taking several tries. A couple YouTube videos might help also if you’re stuck.

I did get them, it was the controller sensativity that was an issue tbh. I did change it, but it barely made any difference. The water challenges i think where a little better than the time as the time your rushing. At least with the water, you don't have to rush and you can easily (more or less) go back. It's also more luck as well than with the time, your just spraying to your hearts content and hope for the best only to realise, you've missed a lot.

• Like 1

I finished the challenges for the trophy a few nights ago. They are doable. 

Have you tried increasing the sensitivity of the cursor to increase the speed at which you can clean areas?

Although they take a little longer, the "Areas" Time Challenges are also quite forgiving.

• Like 1