Ad-Hoc Party Test

Ric

Since it's near impossible finding anyone locally to get this trophy, I've set up an Ad-Hoc Party Testing environment (including a 2nd PSN account for this purpose). I've seen some videos on the internet that show that the Ad-Hoc Party software is compatible with the PS Vita.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxWKO5D9_tc (Ad-Hoc Party PS3 / Vita / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite)

All I need is a second player to test if the same thing works for Street Fighter X Tekken.

What you will need is:

• A PSVita with SFxTekken (obviously)
  • A PS3 that's connected to the internet with a wire. (The PS3 needs the wireless signal to connect with the Vita, so it has to be a wired internet connection).
  • Ad-Hoc Party Software from the PSN store. It can be a bit tricky to find, but it's in there (in the European version at least). It's in (apps > all A-Z) or something like this, I don't know the exact terminology used on the English version. For some reason it doesn't seem to pop up through the search function of the PSN Store.
  • Optionally: A testing PSN account if you you're one of those people like me that doesn't like having uncompletable games in their games list :)

If you want to try this with me, send me a message/friend request and we'll organize a test session.

P.S. I don't know if the Ad-Hoc Party Software is region specific. I'm from Europe and thus got the software from the European PSN store.

Edited by Ric_373

Ad-hoc Party is region specific, I've got both European and US versions installed so we can test it.

I don't know if the game needs to be the same region aswell, so I prefer someone with a PAL version of the game, and European version of Ad-Hoc Party to confirm.

Hi,

I want to try this out but from what I can see, the US ad hoc version is not compatible with the PSVita (they stopped the updates) and I'm guessing I need to use the same psn account on my PS3 that the one I have on my vita, right?

EDIT: Well, I've been googling a little more (I really hate that Ad-Hoc trophy and want to get it) and it looks like I could connect my Vita with my US account even if I create an European account and download Ad-Hoc party onto that one.

I'll try that out today and I'll let you know if it works or not

Edited by Zeltorkid

I don't know. All I know is what I've said in my posts. I've seen some video's of add-hoc party being used with a Vita. There's just no way for me to obtain the trophy locally, so I'm exploring this possibility.

• 1 month later...

I don't know. All I know is what I've said in my posts. I've seen some video's of add-hoc party being used with a Vita. There's just no way for me to obtain the trophy locally, so I'm exploring this possibility.

Did this end up working? I didn't see the game on your profile, and I'm pretty curious.

I have not tested it personally, but after more research I found that the ad-hoc party software will probably only work on the Vita is it's used with PSP games. Apparently the ad-hoc party software only supports games that are coded into it. Looks like we have to wait a while longer and hope for a new program to come out.

• 2 weeks later...