read before starting this game.

im playing this ''game'' on ps5 and nothing but crashes. i crashed at least 50 times in 3 days, no exaggeration.

at end of a mission, exploring the abbey grounds, loading screens, just hitting continue, loading saves, talking, hero combo, ...

ive tried to struggle true but it takes 10 crashes to even start playing. trying to get trophy completion up.

how is this allow to even be sold and anybody else dealing with this garbage???

btw if it wasnt for the crashes it would be a good game.

edit: ultimate edition ps5 digital btw

last edit:  i got 100 percent after 128 soft crashes total 1 hard crash.

deleted all saves fixed crashing untill 6 hour in and it started again. threat room was a pain because of this.

positive note: no trophies glitched for me.

Edited by Thefallenone2017
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

100% it over the course of 100+ hrs and didn't have a single crash. That many crashes your PS5 is likely overheating, or something else is going on.

Nice venting post though. 🙃

any helpful suggestions?

already cleaned fan's, rebuild database, cleared cashes, redownloaded game and its the only game on system other then gems of war. also only game doing this. it looks like it has memory issues.

Just now, AJ_-_808 said:

Does it constantly crash with other games, or just this?  Have you tried to delete and reinstall?

only this game. last large game i played was sniper elite 5 and it didn't crash only showed textures floating on guns sometimes.

thats why i reseted and cleaned my ps5 completly. but nothing fixed on this "game". i played hogwart legacy for a hour 2 days ago and it had no problems

11 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

100% it over the course of 100+ hrs and didn't have a single crash. That many crashes your PS5 is likely overheating, or something else is going on.

Nice venting post though. 🙃

did you play disc or digital?

1 minute ago, Thefallenone2017 said:

how could i check? and that would be sad since my ps5 is only 10 months old

That’s actually good, because it is under warranty. 

I’d highly recommend getting a hold of support and making a warranty claim asap. Let them direct you if they want you to follow any more testing, otherwise get a replacement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That’s actually good, because it is under warranty. 

I’d highly recommend getting a hold of support and making a warranty claim asap. Let them direct you if they want you to follow any more testing, otherwise get a replacement. 

but what is its the game tho??  i read about alot about this games crashing on other forums. this is the only games causing crashes like this.

i rather not have to deal with customer "support". 

It does sound like a memory read/write failure on the hard drive. I saw a similar post about Midnight Suns crashing on PS5 and it turned out the game hadn't fully downloaded yet; it was only in "ready to play" state but not completely downloaded as digital game.

1 minute ago, ruexnimbus said:

It does sound like a memory read/write failure on the hard drive. I saw a similar post about Midnight Suns crashing on PS5 and it turned out the game hadn't fully downloaded yet; it was only in "ready to play" state but not completely downloaded as digital game.

if seen savefiles saying im auto saved day 32 and manual i made 1 min after, named day 24 wich kept crashing. so somethings wrong with the game. but it could be psn store not giving full download. the game is 44.08gb and fully downloaded zas far as i can see

Honestly, it could just be that you've gotten unlucky unfortunately. I've sometimes had issues with games very few, if any, people seemingly have issues with, and on the flip side I've sometimes had little to no issues with games I hear are notoriously buggy.

The only things I could really suggest would be deleting your save data, as a single corrupt file could be causing issues. But if you've made significant progress in the game, I'd doubt you'd want to do that.

And the other thing would be checking your system language. For some reason, some games can get specific issues if your system language is different from what you're playing the game in. E.g. Say your system language is German but you're playing the game in English.

Best of luck either way, hope you find a solution.

2 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Honestly, it could just be that you've gotten unlucky unfortunately. I've sometimes had issues with games very few, if any, people seemingly have issues with, and on the flip side I've sometimes had little to no issues with games I hear are notoriously buggy.

The only things I could really suggest would be deleting your save data, as a single corrupt file could be causing issues. But if you've made significant progress in the game, I'd doubt you'd want to do that.

And the other thing would be checking your system language. For some reason, some games can get specific issues if your system language is different from what you're playing the game in. E.g. Say your system language is German but you're playing the game in English.

Best of luck either way, hope you find a solution.

i played system english and games english, but i hear you. just going to struggle true and hope i get  100percent. atleast the trophies havent glitched yet, but havent done dlc yet so fingers crossed.

i just hope soft crashes dont break my ps5.

• Like 1

Been playing for 2 weeks now (disc version) with 63 hours clocked up. Not a single crash or issue.

Most of the reports seem to be for the digital version but it's not overly widespread so there's no hard and fast confirmed fix. Could be due to a multitude of factors. Checking Reddit/Youtube and trying fixes others have tried would be your best bet. Seen somewhere on a Youtube video that one person solved crashes by putting everyone back in their default outfits, which might be worth a shout before you go down the "delete all traces of the game off the console" approach.

11 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Been playing for 2 weeks now (disc version) with 63 hours clocked up. Not a single crash or issue.

Most of the reports seem to be for the digital version but it's not overly widespread so there's no hard and fast confirmed fix. Could be due to a multitude of factors. Checking Reddit/Youtube and trying fixes others have tried would be your best bet. Seen somewhere on a Youtube video that one person solved crashes by putting everyone back in their default outfits, which might be worth a shout before you go down the "delete all traces of the game off the console" approach.

best post so far.  im going to try putting the original skins on. just did the trophy for apply skins on everybody.

11 hours ago, Thefallenone2017 said:

did you play disc or digital?

Digital only, installed on the primary SSD.

10 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

solved crashes by putting everyone back in their default outfits

Had no issues with outfits personally, was able to change them as I saw fit.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:13 AM, Skurkitty said:

Digital only, installed on the primary SSD.

Had no issues with outfits personally, was able to change them as I saw fit.

strange. i only got ssd, so same there. but just played Hogwarts legacy for 3 days and no problems there.  i noticed midnight suns sav filesystem is causing the issue. but im at end of game, just need dark point and treat room trophy for plat. 100 crashes in now

maybe its best to try dlc on new savefile and see if it works