How hard is the platinum ?

ClearVHS

As a Arcade Racing game enjoyer im not sure if i could do it as i never played any realistic racing game but it looks amazing with the graphics and license system but also the trophy list doesn't look so hard.

So question is how attainable is this for a complete newbie ?

The Guide has it at a 7/10: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14018-gran-turismo-7-trophy-guide and the .org difficulty poll puts it at between 6 and 8/10: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/327897-estimated-platinum-difficulty-and-time-to-platinum/ so not the hardest game in the world but one that will test your limits and skills.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Seen the scores but can't tell if thats for a usual racing game player or a someone new to the genre

Just now, ClearVHS said:

Seen the scores but can't tell if thats for a usual racing game player or a someone new to the genre

The only difficulty related trophy is getting gold on all license challenges. If u are familiar with race games and driving with manual gear and turned off traction control you wont have too much of an issue with this.  I even did everything with just the dual sense controller since the feedback and resistance is really good. If u are used to arcade games like Need for Speed or karting games then I would say 6/7 otherwise a 5. And even still it's just a matter of practice makes perfect!

1 minute ago, IGUnique said:

The only difficulty related trophy is getting gold on all license challenges. If u are familiar with race games and driving with manual gear and turned off traction control you wont have too much of an issue with this.  I even did everything with just the dual sense controller since the feedback and resistance is really good. If u are used to arcade games like Need for Speed or karting games then I would say 6/7 otherwise a 5. And even still it's just a matter of practice makes perfect!

Recently enjoyed the Crew games so Arcade games but never played on manual or wheel, would you say that sometimes that would benefit grately in gt7 ?

To be honest i did think of i enjoyed GT7 enough then a wheel setup is something id like to try.

3 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I'm considering getting this on PS4 soon, how are the 2 online trophies and are you able to backup your save at all along with the GT Server saving progress? 

Don't know anything about save backups.

The two multiplayer trophies are participation only - you just have to finish races, not win them. Getting 50 races takes a little bit of effort, because you can only enter one every 20min. Don't know what it is like now, but at launch that trophy didn't always pop at 50 races. You might need to do several more, but it does eventually work.

4 minutes ago, ClearVHS said:

Recently enjoyed the Crew games so Arcade games but never played on manual or wheel, would you say that sometimes that would benefit grately in gt7 ?

To be honest i did think of i enjoyed GT7 enough then a wheel setup is something id like to try.

Driving without traction control does benefit a lot, driving with manual gears helps a bit. It just makes u faster overall which will help in getting Gold in all the licenses. The crew is quite the opposite of gran turismo tho. The crew is about having fun and a bit of chaos. Gran turismo is more serious racing and a lot about car details. 

10 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I'm considering getting this on PS4 soon, how are the 2 online trophies and are you able to backup your save at all along with the GT Server saving progress? 

I would assume that you are not able to back up your save since it's always online. I also woudn't know why you would want to backup your save?

It's not that hard really, just the licenses as stated but then it's only a couple that are difficult. I did all of them on automatic and rarely touched traction control which shows how difficult it is. It's about a 5/10. I also done The Crew plat and it's nothing like that but it's still fun and the easiest GT game by a long shot

Everything is attainable except for the licenses, which require a lot of practice; I'm still stuck on the S license lol. The amount of owners is lower compared to the previous GT games so don't guide yourself by the rarity, it's a isolated metric that doesn't really make sense in this context.

If you like the game, you'll eventually get them, like the 50 races which past flying if you enjoy it.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 1

Mostly pretty breezy with the Gold medals trophy being the lone exception. I think all of them are pretty doable, I personally struggled on the ones people found easy for some reason, and didn’t have too rough of a time on the ones people talk about being platinum breakers (S-7 and S-10), so go figure.

I think the only advice I can give is to try and play around with assists to both find a happy balance between control of your car as well as not sacrificing exit speeds out of corners which a lot of the assists will do. Each license has a car that controls differently than the last, so just fiddle around with the settings to get it right at the start of each license test, and go from there. As said, the licenses aren’t pushovers, but with persistence and tinkering, they are very, very doable.

Edited by iamjax