What's that site called?

Camokidd87

I recently saw a flag dispute thread. In that thread they were going back and forth and people were saying they couldnt check what his profile looked like on another site because he edited his profile and deleted a bunch of games. One user said "nothings ever really gone from the internet" he then said he used a site to see what that specific persons profile looked like on x date and sure enough it worked. Almost like everything ever is archived somehow. I would like to use thst site for other purposes. For example im trying to check things like sold items on ebay and things that were once on a site but not anymore. Like theres this game i want. It was on ebay and i missed it a few months back. Ebay deletes it all off the site after 90 days post sale so i could use this site to go back and see what it had sold for. Theres tons of times i went to a webpage to look back at something and the article or thing i was looking for is gone or removed. While writing this i also just thought, couldnt people use that to view old ps3import guides thst are no longer there? I wrote this thread in hopes someone would know which site im referencing or how it works and share it with me. As always, much appreciate the community help!

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

Probably Way Back Machine?

https://archive.org/web/

Thanks for the super fast reply! I do actually think thats the site he said he used.  I will tinker with it and see if it will work for some of the things i need it for! Thanks so much. Anyone else who knows similar sites or tips n tricks to working it feel free to post as others probably have various things they could use it for!

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Well, another nifty trick is to use Google Cache. This works well if you see some result on Google but for whatever reason the website is down or completely different from what the Google is showing in preview:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/1687222?hl=en

Awesome. Ive never used things like this so im unfamiliar with how they work but the more i think about it the nore i could use them. I spend a lot of time researching holy grail games, impossible finds, old information and articles about things and unreleased games, and more.