No Autopop - Trophy Thoughts?

On 2/2/2024 at 7:58 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Because this game only requires 1 playthrough for the platinum I might as well do my NG+ run on the PS4 version and get the platinum for that version along the way. Since P4G/P5 required 2 playthroughs to platinum anyway, I might as well treat P3R the same way and do 2 runs. I love Persona so I really don't mind, and it should be a lot faster the 2nd time around. Also swapping between the two versions constantly just to pop trophies as I earn them in my first playthrough, sounds miserable and will likely ruin the experience for me.

I'm on the same boat. Thanks to the stylized graphics, I don't mind going to a technically inferior version for a second playthrough. Unfortunately, the PS4 version does cap out at 30 FPS even on PS4 Pro and presumably playing it on a PS5, But I barely noticed the difference in frames between Persona 5 Royal on PS4 and PS5, so I might not notice this time either. 

I know there are a good number of missable trophies, but the ones I feel I want to be most careful on are the social links. Thankfully, there is rewind this time. 

Edited by ChiefMichigan
More detail/relevance

On 2/2/2024 at 7:58 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Because this game only requires 1 playthrough for the platinum I might as well do my NG+ run on the PS4 version and get the platinum for that version along the way. Since P4G/P5 required 2 playthroughs to platinum anyway, I might as well treat P3R the same way and do 2 runs. I love Persona so I really don't mind, and it should be a lot faster the 2nd time around. Also swapping between the two versions constantly just to pop trophies as I earn them in my first playthrough, sounds miserable and will likely ruin the experience for me.

This is what I was thinking at first, but then I wonder if the max stats trophies would pop or not. You might have to make a network save before the first and last max and pop those trophies early on the PS4 version. Then do the full NG+ run for the rest of the trophies.

On 2/12/2024 at 7:58 AM, ReverendSID said:

This is what I was thinking at first, but then I wonder if the max stats trophies would pop or not. You might have to make a network save before the first and last max and pop those trophies early on the PS4 version. Then do the full NG+ run for the rest of the trophies.

Yes that is something I was thinking as well, I will make a save right at the bottom of the save slots (just so I don't accidentally overwrite it) for when I am about to max my last social stat. Then once I'm on the PS4 version and doing a stat raising activity DOESN'T pop the two stat trophies, I will boot up the PS5 version, upload that save to network, then hop back to PS4 version and download that network save. Should work that way. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

18 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yes that is something I was thinking as well, I will make a save right at the bottom of the save slots (just so I don't accidentally overwrite it) for when I am about to max my last social stat. Then once I'm on the PS4 version and doing a stat raising activity DOESN'T pop the two stat trophies, I will boot up the PS5 version, upload that save to network, then hop back to PS4 version and download that network save. Should work that way. 

Yeah, I realized that popping them super early wasn't the best idea. So I made a network save right before maxing the first stat, loaded it on the PS4 version and saved it locally at the bottom of the list. Didn't max the stat, just quit. I'll do the same for right before maxing the last stat too. So when I get around to playing NG+ on the PS4 version I'll have those two saves for those two trophies (if they don't autopop)

On 2/5/2024 at 12:47 AM, TheStark700 said:

Been playing this on Game Pass.

Is there another way to get

Hide contents

Odd Morsel for Nozomi's Social Link

....I didn't have one when I first talked to him. 

Probably too late but if you still need it, I'm pretty sure I just got it from a normal chest in Tartarus in the early floors.

10 hours ago, leehojin43 said:

Guys, I'm currently playing this on ps4, but I plan to buy ps5 for FF7. I'm not sure, so I'm asking if I can still get platinum for my ps4 version if I continue my playthrough on my PS5?

Yes, you'll be able to, so long as you load up the PS4 version and have your save file.