No Autopop - Trophy Thoughts?

Prob not picking up the game myself (Persona's never really been my thing), but nonetheless wanted to come here and contribute as a thought on the trophies..... that the art is among the best I've seen since I started earning trophies on my PS3 fourteen years ago. They all look like album covers. It's so cool.

On 1/24/2024 at 7:36 PM, ScottyDaHotty2 said:

Seems straightforward. Intrigued about the trophy for finding twilight fragments in town.

I'm wondering if social links will be easier to max out in this remake. In the original, you almost needed a guide for how strict some of the social link schedules were.

And I wonder what Monad doors is about. In Portable at least, Monad was the endgame super dungeon. Did this game rework Monad so it's like bonus challenge portals?

If Elizabeth is required for that Monad trophy and requires RNG items again, that's going to be the one trophy that newcomers have no idea what they're in for. Hopefully if it does they fixed the drop rates. Still surprised they remade this one before 4, it has a significantly worse story and set of characters than 4/5 IMO

Edited by ChibsSoA

4 hours ago, thebonesofYou said:

Seems pretty easy and straightforward tbh!

Surprised there’s no 100% compendium or Velvet Room Attendants trophies.

Yeah rather annoyed they have been removed from the list, ever since P5R seems they are catering more and more to the casuals that whine about 100-200+ hours being too long to plat a game despite them literally being kinda a norm with JRPGs. Also miss the navigator lines trophy :(

3 hours ago, Demek97 said:

Much better list than Persona 5 Royal but still I'm pretty sad that there is no Elizabeth boss fight trophy or full compendium. 

Maxing out all social links in Vanilla P3 and P3 FES was a hard task to do without guide so I'm not sure if this is a easy list but we will see. 

Btw. If you need to conquer 10th doors of Monad for the "Glimpse of the Depths" trophy that means you need to fight Elizabeth so maybe the list is even harder than people thinks ? 

Can only hope

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

If Elizabeth is required for that Monad trophy and requires RNG items again, that's going to be the one trophy that newcomers have no idea what they're in for. Hopefully if it does they fixed the drop rates. Still surprised they remade this one before 4, it has a significantly worse story and set of characters than 4/5 IMO

Thats literally the first time I read something like this. Usually it is said to have the best main story of the three and even though P3 is my least favorite out of the modern persona games I would also agree with that. Set of characters is pretty much equal to P5 IMO with P4 being the winner.

About a possible remake of P4 ( this will definitely happen at some point):

I just hope the remake is based on P4 golden, not on OG P4. Would be a huge disappointment and I probably wouldnt buy if it is based on OG P4.

Edited by GoDBoss173

I'm a bit confused about this and while I did pre-order this game (for PS4 since my PS5 does not have disc support), I will not unwrap it until I see some definitive guides, especially for the one involving 500,000 yen from part time jobs. At least I'm glad I don't have to fight Elizabeth for this platinum.

10 hours ago, Craaggle said:

I think it’s a shame that the first thing that’s asked in every thread for a new game now is whether there’s auto pop or not. 

This is why I'm never going to break above 10k in the Country Rankings. All the auto-pop and double/triple,4x, etc dipping on extremely quick and easy Plat grab "games". 😔

On the plus side, it's allowed me to get back to buying fewer games, only playing games I want to play for fun's sake, and not going crazy for trophies if I don't really want to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KirekkusuPT said:

Do you think this game demands 2 playthroughs, or can you do everything in just one?

can do the plat with almost no issue in 1 playthrough i did everything in 1 playthrough with many free days to do other stuff that isn't required for the plat

9 minutes ago, LuckySlime said:

can do the plat with almost no issue in 1 playthrough i did everything in 1 playthrough with many free days to do other stuff that isn't required for the plat

How tight is this game on the Social link aspect? I remember FES/Portable being stupidly strict that a guide was damn near necessary so I'd like it if we do get some more leeway like you've stated. Is the portable guide any good or did you go pure freestyle for getting everything done?

5 minutes ago, TigreStratos said:

How tight is this game on the Social link aspect? I remember FES/Portable being stupidly strict that a guide was damn near necessary so I'd like it if we do get some more leeway like you've stated. Is the portable guide any good or did you go pure freestyle for getting everything done?

its lot more lenient this time around compared to fes and p3p you can mess up multiple times and still get all of them it helps that the male party members are now link episodes and not social links also even if you do mess up you can rollback to the previous day in the settings

7 minutes ago, LuckySlime said:

its lot more lenient this time around compared to fes and p3p you can mess up multiple times and still get all of them it helps that the male party members are now link episodes and not social links also even if you do mess up you can rollback to the previous day in the settings

That makes me a little less stressed about trying to get everything in one playthrough thankfully. I'm still gonna reference the P3P guide but I won't feel as annoyed when I inevitably need to make adjustments.

2 hours ago, LuckySlime said:

U platting every list?

P3 is simply too good not to play more than once. I’ll probably Platinum the PS5 version, and then go back much later on when I feel like playing it again to Platinum the PS4 version. And I’m sure I’ll play it many times after that!

• Like 1

Because this game only requires 1 playthrough for the platinum I might as well do my NG+ run on the PS4 version and get the platinum for that version along the way. Since P4G/P5 required 2 playthroughs to platinum anyway, I might as well treat P3R the same way and do 2 runs. I love Persona so I really don't mind, and it should be a lot faster the 2nd time around. Also swapping between the two versions constantly just to pop trophies as I earn them in my first playthrough, sounds miserable and will likely ruin the experience for me.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1