Is online dead?

DeidaraSasori

I tried this out with my friend yesterday and it was a pretty bad experience. In 1h30 we could only play 2 matches. Lots of waiting and then when we finally got into lobby people would disconnect causing us to disconnect too.

Is it always like this or did we just play at a bad time? Also is it because we were noobs that people left? It didnt leave a great impression which is sad because I liked the game idea and the tutorial

The devs have abandoned the game and, unfortunately, if you want to actually play the game you'll likely have a bad time. You'll queue for a stupid amount of time before you get into a match with a horrendously sweaty and overpowered demon player who'll spam you with attacks as soon as they're able to. Rinse and repeat.

If you've started already I'd recommend joining or creating a boosting session. There are so few people still playing that you'll have a pretty easy time finding boosting partners while queueing. I'm guessing the people who kept disconnecting on you were looking for their boosting partners.

Edited by DirectorsCuts

1 minute ago, DirectorsCuts said:

The devs have abandoned the game and, unfortunately, if you want to actually play the game you'll likely have a bad time. You'll queue for a stupid amount of time before you get into a match with a horrendously sweaty and overpowered demon player who'll spam you with attacks as soon as they're able to. Rinse and repeat.

If you've started already I'd recommend joining or creating a boosting session. There are so few people still playing that you'll have a pretty easy time finding boosting partners while queueing.

Yeah pretty much my experience, we got bodied by a demon and it looked like he was trolling us and we didnt have any idea of what we were doing xD. Thanks for the info. Idk the devs of this game but do you think its possible they do a server shutdown?

3 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Yeah pretty much my experience, we got bodied by a demon and it looked like he was trolling us and we didnt have any idea of what we were doing xD. Thanks for the info. Idk the devs of this game but do you think its possible they do a server shutdown?

A full server shutdown is inevitable at this point, it's just a matter of when.

• Like 3

You might have better luck in the VS AI mode. That's what I usually play if double XP isn't on, it's you and some other real people vs an AI demon. Absolutely awful for XP but I'm pretty sure you can get all the trophies.

If you want to play as Demon though, you're in for some pain. Full teams of max prestige players just instantly deleting anything you summon... it's rough. I'm glad I got my thirty demon wins during the very brief window you could boost trophies privately. Nowadays you kind of hope you get lucky and either get newer players or people disconnect or get really good at actually playing.

However, I can't remember if you can turn off crossplay, but if you can I bet you could boost pretty easily. 

20 hours ago, Lion_Squid said:

However, I can't remember if you can turn off crossplay, but if you can I bet you could boost pretty easily. 

You can turn off crossplay and it's very easy to find boosting partners. That's how I finally got all the trophies done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

The question is why even release those type of games to close server in 1-2 years from release. 

This game was a massive flop so any future plans went down the toilet in a matter of weeks, until the announcement late last year they were putting the game into maintenance mode so to not expect anything beyond a few bug fixes in the future.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:47 PM, pavelbagirov said:

The question is why even release those type of games to close server in 1-2 years from release. 

From what I saw the game had potential it was just another case of devs making bad decisions that led to this game death. One of the biggest being release exclusively for Epic Store and lack of updates.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

From what I saw the game had potential it was just another case of devs making bad decisions that led to this game death. One of the biggest being release exclusively for Epic Store and lack of updates.

That and then they made a battle royale mode for some reason. Really could have used some more maps IMO.

I dunno, maybe the license holders were really tight about new content or something, these single license multiplayer horror games are all living on borrowed time the second they release.