Fallout 1st?

cobaltTangerine

I've watched a few videos on what Fallout 1st is and some of the pros and cons. For any vets of the game, is it worth it for a month, mainly for the unlimited scrap and ammo box? I know everything is doable without it, but just curious if having these things makes that much difference in a quality of life sense. Thanks for any tips!!

• Like 1

I mean they do make a huge difference, you dont have to take care of your storage, especially if you want to try different Weapns/Builds.

I myself only need scrap to repair my gear, my camp is still the same as it was 1-2 years ago. 

And since im playing a melee build thanks to the glorious performance on ps4 back then i never cared for ammo.

More than half of my storage is filled with Powerarmor Cores.

It really depends on how you want to play the game really.

• Like 1

If I had the money, I'd get it just for the Scrap Box and Portable shelter, because they would make life so much less stressful. If you want try Fallout 1st, Bethesda do a free week every so often whereby everyone gets to try a basic version of it for a few days.

• Like 2

I am extremely biased, but it's worth it for me since I spend atoms on some cosmetics anyway and getting Fallout 1st basically pays for itself by getting the monthly atoms.

If you just want it for a month, I don't know if I'd recommend. If your stash is overflowing with scrap and spare ammo then of course, get it and store everything properly.

Please keep in mind that once it expires and you take something out of the scrapbox by accident (I.e. instead of taking out 50 Steel you take out all 30000 like I did) you will be forced to either drop it and lose it or pay for another month just to put it back. 

Also if you're thinking of grinding materials for the whole month to maximize your investment into Fallout 1st, don't. You'll end up hating that grind about 4 days in.

• Like 2

I platted the game about 1 month ago - without Fallout 1st - and I have to say, at a certain point it gets pretty annoying with the limited inventory. It's all doable - but more than I'd like, I had to deal with sorting out, selling and possibly even throwing away. Which is a shame, because at its core I didn't think the game is as bad as its reputation. I even thought the map was the best of all Bethesda Fallouts.

I've now stopped playing the game again after the platinum and some time with the DLCs, but if I wanted to play it for longer, I'd definitely bite the bullet and get the subscription.

• Like 3

Honestly it all depends on if you'd find it worth it. I've purchased 2 months of first within 2000 hours so it's completely possible to play without it. For me personally, I don't buy it because i don't find it worth it here are the reasons why.

• Private Servers - I'm not too interested in them, I prefer to play with other people for the most part
  • monthly atoms - Not something I'm too interested in either since most of the atomic shop is just returning items or I'm picky with the new items
  • Tent - I don't care for the free fast travel point and I never find storage to be an issue, if it ever is then I just equip the storage perk to fast travel 
  • Free items - They never really interest me enough to the point I'd want to spend money for them
  • Fallout Worlds - I don't care for them

• Scrapbox/ammo box

The main things that do interest me are these because storage is a big issue, but with mules it becomes a big help. I have 4 characters just for storage, sure it can be complicated to set up them but once you do it'll save you some money.

Mules or more for long term though but can still be good for short term.

I recommend getting the mules to around level 20 + and equipping any reduced weight perks, if you're in it for the long haul then try to get some weight armour too.

I have a junk mule that can hold up to 20,000 pounds of junk (equivalent to 20,000 flux). If you want to transfer items from your main to your mule then I'd recommend looking on the Market 76 reddit server and asking for a high karma player to help transfer the items across. Usually if i want a quick transfer then I'll join someone on my friends list, drop the junk (re-check they are in the server), leave and rejoin on the character I want to put the items on, it's more risky that way but it's good for quick transfers.

But again, it all depends if you find it worth it. 

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for the responses! I very much appreciate it. I've put about 10 hours in and was VERRRRRRRY skeptical of this one. Love the Fallout games, platted all of them, but listening to half a decade of what this game was, I was prepared to give it a shot for an hour and move on. But I'm really enjoying it so far. I can see it getting repetitive, but it has its hooks in me at the moment and I'll likely give Fallout 1st a month or two. 

Thanks again for all the insight! 🤜🤛