Skull and jute

This one seems to be the more boring and farming trophy of the game..

Some questions about it:

- if I buy or plunder jute, does it count? 

- there are some places where is easier to do? 

- since I see some people that already have it, and to me it seems just crazy, is there a glitch or a way to speed up? 

Yes, that's how I'm doing now, but is something like 1-2% every time...

It's really absurd, all other trophies are "normal", this one has to make you lose hours doing such a stupid thing... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Anyway, I'm missing a bunch of trophies, so I'll keep going... 

• Like 1

Wow that was a grind, finally got it after about 4 hours of grinding. I started with about 100 jute already.

I achieved this with the level 4 tool, allowing me to harvest 36 jute per harvest with all successful purple hit on the mini game. And the ship I used was the Cutter with everything removed including weapons. This allows for about 600 jute to be collected before being over weight.

The route I took was leaving from Sainte-Anne, head right toward a small gap into a little lagoon, here you'll be able to harvest 6 jute plants if you're lucky. You'll also know you're in the right spot because there's also 2 coconut trees to harvest. 

Once in the right place start the loop by harvesting the 2 jute to the left of the coconut tree, then the 2 jute on the little island to the right of the same coconut tree. Then head through the gap between the island and same coconut tree and follow the shoreline left towards Sainte-Anne collecting the final 2 jute. Once done turn left into the lagoon again, once at the start point back out to the menu and back in again.

Once in I looked to see if there was a minimum of 2 of the 4 jute platns on the inner shoreline to harvest before starting the loop, if not back out and in again until you have 2.

Eventually you'll become full, head to Sainte-Anne and off load, then back out and in again from here, starting the loop all over again once back in the lagoon, or backing out and in again if you havnt got the 2 jute.

A couple of things that can make this go quicker for you, level 5 tool, I assume it'll allow you to harvest more per successful purple hit. But I can't confirm how many as I don't have the tool yet. A bigger shit, this will reduce the amount you'll need to offload at Sainte-Anne, but I found the bigger ship a bit to cumbersome and awkward to manoeuvre and causing more time so stuck with the cutter.

A couple of things that can make this take longer for you. As mentioned above the opposite will apply with lower level tools or a smaller ship. Also collecting the jute from the water, this dosnt count and takes up Hull space causing you to visit Sainte-Anne more often. Also collecting the coconut will have the same outcome.

Other players harvesting some or all of the jute, causing you to back out and in more often. Taking a diffrent route, meaning more sailing time to do a bigger loop and further to travle to Sainte-Anne to unload. Lastly agro, twice a got instant agro when loading in, not ideal with no weaponry!

The best way I found to deal with this was, if safe, collect any jute using the innershoreline as cover not wasting the opportunity, however be warned as it'll only take a couple of shots to wipe you out. Once collected of if unsafe to, head straight for Sainte-Anne safe zone and wait for the agro to subside. Then back out and start to loop again. If you back out too soon with agro still on it'll warn you and keep you in game for 60 seconds even after backing out.

Apologies for it being so long but just thought I'd share everything I found out, hopefully helping some of you out.

For some reason, my counter won't count any Jute I have harvest. Using the maxed sickle. The purple icon doesn't appear, Only yellow.

EDIT: It was caused by option "Auto Harvest" on the settings. It must be turned off to work properly. 

Edited by abo_hodiban_

hey so i found last night a furniture that grant 1 extra harvest when on the green or purple, its called "Tool Smithy 1" (labels 1 makes me wonder if there is a 2 or 3 level out there but i cant find it.) yes an extra 1 isnt much but for the trophy is 1 for ever green and purple adds up for that 10000!

I'm currently averaging 1200 jute/15min with the Padakwan, exiting to main menu and jumping back in as I finish harvesting one trip, to make them respawn again.. So this grind takes 2-3h

I have Lvl 5 Sickle and also use the +1 harvest tool

My ship has no items/weapons

I figured it's better to turn crossplay off, since it generates lvl1 players and there are no higher lvl players that cause Rogue Ships to spawn around the jutes and start attacking you

Edited by Erkawest

11 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I'm currently averaging 1200 jute/15min with the Padakwan, exiting to main menu and jumping back in as I finish harvesting one trip, to make them respawn again.. So this grind takes 2-3h

I have Lvl 5 Sickle and also use the +1 harvest tool

My ship has no items/weapons

I figured it's better to turn crossplay off, since it generates lvl1 players and there are no higher lvl players that cause Rogue Ships to spawn around the jutes and start attacking you

What is the +1 harvest tool? I have the level 5 sickle

5 hours ago, LucienNL said:

What is the +1 harvest tool? I have the level 5 sickle

It is a ship furniture that grants +1 jute everytime you harvest them, so 14 instead of 13 from purple

Just did a timed check to see how much my strategy gives, currently 1500-1600 jutes/15min

Edited by Erkawest

On 2/23/2024 at 2:12 PM, Erkawest said:

It is a ship furniture that grants +1 jute everytime you harvest them, so 14 instead of 13 from purple

Just did a timed check to see how much my strategy gives, currently 1500-1600 jutes/15min

Ah I see. Didnt know about that furniture. Got it done with the sickle 5. Thanks though

My trophy isn’t tracking still says 0% even though I’ve collected a ton. Is this normal?   

edit - soon as I posted this it started tracking. I don’t get it lol.. 

Edited by ZachSmoke
Problem solved

2 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

My trophy isn’t tracking still says 0% even though I’ve collected a ton. Is this normal?   

edit - soon as I posted this it started tracking. I don’t get it lol.. 

You need to harvest it. Also the trophy tracker on this site updates after another trophy is popped, otherwise it will say 0%. Check your console trophy tracker instead