Reynatis (anime FF Versus 13 like game; Fall 2024)

The overall aesthetic/art style matches Verum Rex from Kingdom Hearts 3 more than the gothic look of Versus 13, especially the main male character, dude really looks a lot like Yozora. Of course Verum Rex itself was just a reimagining of Versus 13 (KH3 dlc spoilers I guess in the link), so we're like 3 games deep now lol.

I've always been pretty obsessed with V13 and was really sad how it was basically cancelled and they re-used the assets for FF15. So I am stupidly excited for this, might be the game I am most looking forward to this year now lol. I miss the darker art style of V13, but, I will take what I can get. Just the fact this is even happening at all nearly 20 years after the original V13 reveal is pretty wild. Even if the game completely sucks it'll be interesting to have a lot of their ideas in an actual released video game.

I am really curious how close the story will be to V13's story given that Nojima was writing that game as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay... um... this is NOT what I expected to see today... to say the least lol

Your not seeing things... this game is LITERALLY crossing over with TWEWY2 (Neo: TWEWY) (The World Ends With You) in the game.

Also... looks like the western release/localized version is releasing September 27th. Nothing on an english dub but I could literally care less about that anymore for obvious reasons lol.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/15808-reynatis-releases-in-west-on-september-27-will-have-crossover-content-from-neo-the-world-ends-with-you

TWEWY franchise might be dead and buried for good... but I guess it will live on in this game and maybe KH4 as well?

I mean I was already going to get this game... but now I'm 10,000% getting it 😍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Okay... um... this is NOT what I expected to see today... to say the least lol

Your not seeing things... this game is LITERALLY crossing over with TWEWY2 (Neo: TWEWY) (The World Ends With You) in the game.

Also... looks like the western release/localized version is releasing September 27th. Nothing on an english dub but I could literally care less about that anymore for obvious reasons lol.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/15808-reynatis-releases-in-west-on-september-27-will-have-crossover-content-from-neo-the-world-ends-with-you

TWEWY franchise might be dead and buried for good... but I guess it will live on in this game and maybe KH4 as well?

I mean I was already going to get this game... but now I'm 10,000% getting it 😍

That's cool to hear. I enjoyed TWEWY2 for what it was, still haven't played the original one though. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 7:30 PM, Terra said:

That's cool to hear. I enjoyed TWEWY2 for what it was, still haven't played the original one though. 

The only way you can play the original at this point is probably the Final Remix Switch version of the game. Honestly... it's worth it... but the game is HARD. Trust me... I played it. I still managed to beat it though. Up to you at the end of the day obviously.

Unless you want to try to play the original DS version but your not likely to find the game for probably less than $500 online 😬

• Like 1