Easy "Elite" trophy - Play French Version

xtrminator05

13 minutes ago, ihaveaplan- said:

What do you mean by loading into your clear save data, like loading into the same game save after you've beaten it?

Yep. Exactly.

You save the game after beating it and obtaining the bandana or stealth camo. Afterwards you just have to load it again for the trophy.

On 3/2/2024 at 7:05 PM, xtrminator05 said:

Yep. Exactly.

You save the game after beating it and obtaining the bandana or stealth camo. Afterwards you just have to load it again for the trophy.

Thank you, you weren't lying. I just finished it and got the trophy. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Can confirm this works on French version of Metal Gear Solid (top game in selection menu). Currently on version 1.4.0 of master collection.

Used the skips and glitches detailed here to skip a good chunk of the game. Submitted to the torture to obtain stealth camo at end and obtained Hyena rank. Saved at the end which turned the save file “Dock” gold. Then after Konami logo and game intro, selected load game and loaded the gold “Dock” save which popped the Elite trophy instantly.

On 3/6/2024 at 3:19 PM, SalvadorGamer_21 said:

I have some progress in the integrated Japanese version, how can I install the French one?

You don't.

You have to play on the original Metal Gear Solid, not Integral.

Was thinking i was going to get the trophy without loading the gold save file. Did all the requirements for Elite trophy, did not get. Looked at the guide and it needs to be played on hard , not normal. nooooo lol

thanks for info about the French version. trophy pop when just loading the gold save. 😁 Did not want to play again. (missed by 1 being found on the Japanese version 😂

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 8:53 AM, xtrminator05 said:

Hi. I was browsing around the web for Fox rank tips and found 2 different users on two different sites claiming their "Elite" trophy popped without ever getting the "Fox" or "Big Boss" rank.

What they did was play the original Metal Gear Solid in the French Language Version. And that's it. After finishing the game they just loaded their clear save data and, for unknown reasons, the trophy popped then and there.

I gave this a shot myself and it actually worked! I did a play through on Normal difficulty. PS5 version. Took me about 4 and a half hours; killed whomever I needed and used any rations that Snake could eat. Saved Meryl and got Hyena rank at the end.

After an effortless playthrough, I got the trophy when I loaded my clear save data.

This is working on the latest update as of February 28, 2024.

Would it work on French - Easy difficulty?

12 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

So can you play the game on normal difficulty on English version, then load the completed save on French version and it will pop? Or do you have to play the whole game on French version?

Saves are not shared between versions, so you'll have to play the french version from beginning to end.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon friend. Hey, I wanted to ask you a question. You will see what happens is that I did the steps just as you said and if I get the elite trophy, the thing is that I want to find out what's up with 300 Misions VR.

Since this trick helps me unlock the elite trophy it doesn't mean the Absolute gives me the rank to be able to unlock the ninja missions therefore I have to play the game again or is there some way to play all 300 missions.

7 hours ago, SalvadorGamer_21 said:

Good afternoon friend. Hey, I wanted to ask you a question. You will see what happens is that I did the steps just as you said and if I get the elite trophy, the thing is that I want to find out what's up with 300 Misions VR.

Since this trick helps me unlock the elite trophy it doesn't mean the Absolute gives me the rank to be able to unlock the ninja missions therefore I have to play the game again or is there some way to play all 300 missions.

You don't need to play the original game at all for the Practice Makes Perfect trophy. You just have to successfully complete all 300 VR missions on Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions to unlock the trophy.

20 hours ago, SalvadorGamer_21 said:

so it is not necessary to unlock the ninja missions? 

The Ninja missions will be unlocked by progressing through MGS: Special Missions. You don't need to play the original game to unlock them.

18 hours ago, heat5_speed347 said:

Can anybody confirm that this still work? And if so when will it be pached? 

Just did it myself on the latest PS5 version patch (v1.5.0) this morning and it still worked.

I can only guess Konami don't know about this loophole yet but other known issues so far have been fixed at really random times (true analog movement has only just been implemented in the latest patch) so I would recommend doing this as soon as you possibly can.

On 20/3/2024 at 18:09, xtrminator05 said:

No necesitas jugar el juego original en absoluto para obtener el trofeo La práctica hace la perfección . Solo tienes que completar con éxito las 300 misiones de realidad virtual en Metal Gear Solid: Misiones especiales para desbloquear el trofeo.

On 22/3/2024 at 4:41, xtrminator05 said:

Las misiones Ninja se desbloquearán progresando en MGS: Misiones Especiales. No necesitas jugar el juego original para desbloquearlos.

I'm glad to hear that, I feel lighter, although the timer challenges seem eternal.

thank you very much for the tip! worked fine with me.

I've played french version at easy difficulty (the base game, NOT Integral), saved Meryl, got the PUMA code, saved the game on the same storage, rewriting my save (changed color to orange [if I remember, it will change green if you submited the torture, red if you play the third time with the bandana and the stealth camouflage]), and then reloading it. Got the trophy!

worked with my ps5 digital copy, latest version 1.5. 

Edited by pieroV_86
  • Like 2