Nauticus87 - Pursuing Platinum

23 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

3rd times the charm, eh? Congrats in advance on #1000 and good luck maxing out that trophy level. 🙂

Had to get in on the act. All good things come in threes: meals at a restaurant, acts in a play, movie trilogies.

Appreciate the support diesel!' I've been watching the ultra rare clean-up thread and you're crushing it there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nauticus87 said:

Appreciate the support diesel!' I've been watching the ultra rare clean-up thread and you're crushing it there.

Thanks man. I’ve been focusing a bit more on URs this year and making decent progress so far. I’ve been toying with the idea of starting my own checklist for awhile now too. Even if nobody ever reads it, I think it would be really cool to be able to have a space to keep track of everything, and have a record documenting your gaming adventures to reflect on in the future and be able to revisit those memories. It’s pretty neat to see visible progress being made in the moment too. Best of luck with your goals!

• Like 3

Level 962

30L01925c.png

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - Lombax and chill - 142,140 achievers - 69.94% rarity

Turn on the TV in Rivet's Hideout

A bit slower than expected to get to 962 but that's because I ended up back in hospital. A medical problem I've been dealing with for 18 months decided to develop further complications and I've spent the last week in a hell of constant pain, fatigue and sickness. I've tests on 28th to assess the damage before I get booked in for surgery (possibly surgeries), so the next update might not be for a little bit. Thanks to anyone who's following.

Race to level 963:

- The Helper [PS5] - 100% - 1,350 points

- Alex Kidd In Miracle World DX - 100% - 1,350 points

- Rainbow Moon [Physical] - 97%

- Subnautica [PS5] - 4%

- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart -41%

Points remaining: 3,525

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

12 days in hospital and some surgery later and I'm back.

Did play a little bit while in hospital so I'm a little closer to 963:

- Cosmic Star Heroine (EU Vita) - 100% - 1,305 points

- MonsterBag - 2 silver trophies to get it to 100% after 8 years - 60 points.

- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - up to 45%, managed a sneaky 30 minutes played when I got to go home for an afternoon to take a bath.

Points remaining:  2,025

Edited by Nauticus87

Level 963

1L5e6600.png

Ratchet & Clank Rift ApartMasters of the Multiverse - 119,940 achievers - 58.10% rarity. Collect all trophies.

Finished up Ratchet & Clank and the physical stack of Rainbow Moon, along with a quick fastest achiever on Sky Roll! and one more trophy on the PS5 stack of Subnautica which I'm playing with my partner. With that I'm at 963.

Race to level 964:

Points remaining: 3,600

Level 964

8L7fecba.png

My Friend Peppa Pig - Helping Tiddles The Tortoise - 10,935 achievers - 73.51% rarity. Help Madame Gazelle get Tiddles down from the tree.

Three platinum; two fastest achiever times; one quick level-up.

Race to level 965:

- Beat 'Em Up Archives [NA] - 100% - 1,350 points

- Marsupilami: Hoobadventure [PS5] - 100% - 1,380 points

- My Friend Peppa Pig [EU PS5] - 100% - 1,290 points 

Points remaining: 3,180

Posted (edited)

Level 965

1L688a49.png

Teocida + EstigmaMom's Pride - 15 achievers - 31.11% rarity. Unlock all trophies.

To be honest it was probably one of the trophies before the platinum that got me the level-up, but this icon was way too good in comparison to the rest to not use it! #13/16 in my pursuit of completing all games in the QuByte classics series (left to do: Samurai Collection, Risky Woods, EU stack of Beat 'Em Up Archives).

Race to level 966:

- Hidden Cats In London [PS5] - 100% - 840 points 

- Subnautica [PS5] - up to 30% 

- Robby's Adventure [EU PS5] - 100% - 1,305 points 

- Teocida & Estigma - 100% - 1,290 points 

Points remaining: 3,105

Edited by Nauticus87

Level 966

4L8491fb.png

PigShip and the Giant Wolf - Stage 3 cleared - 29 achievers - 28.43% rarity. Clear Stage 3.

Another quick level-up thanks to 3x plats and getting fastest achiever on each (one of which was as first achiever). Feel like I've been on a nice roll in April so far.

Race to level 967:

- Light-It Up - 100% - 1,290 points

- The Samurai Collection - 100% - 1,290 points 

- Subnautica [PS5] - up to 44% 

- PigShip and the Giant Wolf - 100% - 1,290 points 

Points remaining: 2,685

Level 967

1L9e555d.png

Robby's Adventure Fixing is never over - 94 achievers - 94% rarity. But you can always start again.

I have a real soft spot for this game, which you'll see by the fact I've done 7/8 of the stacks. In spite of the high completion percentage I think it's fun to speedrun. I still hold the fastest time on the NA PS4 stack (done on 1st January 2023) but wanted to improve that time. My first attempt this morning, where this level-up happened, was terrible to be honest, but I did finally figure out how to consistently do the camera level, which was always a sticking point. I followed it up by doing the JP PS5 stack and got my fastest time ever, fastest achiever on that stack and overall second fastest time out of any stack, happy with that.

Kudos to @lasthit565 who holds a few fastest times on the Robby stacks, including the overall fastest time on any stack. Congrats!

Race to level 968:

- Subnautica [PS5] - up to 56% 

- Pocket Mini Golf 2 [EU PS4] - 100% - 1,350 points

- Robby's Adventure [NA PS5] - 100% - 1,305 points

- Robby's Adventure [JP PS5] - 100% - 1,305 points

Points remaining: 2,205

• Like 1

Level 968

18L1ade04.png

Moving Out 2Getting the gang back together - 2,449 achievers - 13.79% rarity. Find all the crates.

A great game co-op or solo thanks to the assists. Really appreciate a game that can be made accessible to all.

Race to level 969:

- Pocket Mini Golf 2 [NA PS4] - 100% - 1,350 points

- Subnautica [PS5] - up to 82% 

- Moving Out 2 [PS5] - 100% - 1,335 points

Points remaining: 2,850

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Level 969

1L437ad6.png

Epic Dumpster Bear 1.5 DX Platinum Dumpster DX - 1 achiever (me) - 0% rarity. Get all other trophies.

I love this series, including JankBrain (which should be part of the series when you click into all the games), I was an early adopter and you'll usually see my name around the first few achievers, but this was my first time getting first achiever. I did also hold a couple of fastest achievers on the series until @greenzsaber found them and as I knew they would - beat my time quite comfortably. I fully expect once they get their hands on this they'll take my fastest achiever time. Hopefully I can set you a slightly harder time to beat on the NA stack when I do it!

Race to level 970:

- Subnautica [PS5] - 100% - 1,335 points

- Sir Lovelot [EU PS5] - 100% - 1,320 points

- Rhythm Sprout [PS5] - 26%

- Epic Dumpster Bear 1.5 DX [EU PS4] - 100% - 1,305 points

Points remaining: 3,075

Edited by Nauticus87

17 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I really like your thread. I never paid attention to my trophy level(I'm at 401 now) but you have dedication man. ^_^

Thanks! 401 is nice, you've some good platinums on your profile there, nice mix of stuff.

I didn't pay attention to my level for the longest time, only really a recent goal, appreciate the kind words!

Level 970

1L4e0241.png

KargastPlatinum Light - 3 achievers - 28.57% rarity. Follow the light.

Not a great game, but they can't all be. Did at least do the second stack of Dumpster Bear 1.5 and set what I feel is a much more competitive time to try to beat. Getting close to 100 platinums in 2024, which is helping quite a bit when it comes to getting these level-ups.

Race to level 971:

- Rhythm Sprout [PS5] - stopped at 88%

- Epic Dumpster Bear 1.5 DX [NA PS4] - 100% - 1,305 points

- Hogwarts Legacy [EU PS4] - 2%

- Kargast [PS5] - 100% - 1,350 points 

- Sir Lovelot [NA PS5] - 1,320 points

Points remaining: 2,040

Level 971

14L593899.png

The Lost & The Wicked The Weasel - 11 achievers - 35.71% rarity. Defeat the weasel.

An interesting twin stick shooter with an unexpected depth of narrative. I wouldn't quite call it a hidden gem but it's certainly an interesting game to play.

With this I'm up to 34 games in 2024 where I got fastest achiever (31 plat, 3 non plat; though of course some may have been beaten since I did it). I've already got more this year than I did in all of 2023 (31) so I'm happy there.

Race to level 972:

- Judge Dee - 100% - 315 points

- Degroid! [NA] - 100% - 1,350 points

- The Lost & The Wicked - 100% - 1,350 points

Points remaining: 2,625

slowly but surely you're getting there, keep up the great work. I'm only level 453, but right now im focusing my efforts on raising my completion percentage, completed games, and reducing my unearned trophies. May try to focus on this too eventually. Anyways best of luck on 1000!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 12:31 PM, funboy1246 said:

slowly but surely you're getting there, keep up the great work. I'm only level 453, but right now im focusing my efforts on raising my completion percentage, completed games, and reducing my unearned trophies. May try to focus on this too eventually. Anyways best of luck on 1000!

Thanks! Good luck with your goals, you've plenty of good games on your profile, you'll have a blast going back through some of those to improve completion.

Level 972

1Lb6fe3e.png

Risky Woods Conquered Woods - 4 achievers - 10.34% rarity. Unlock all trophies.

This game was #15/16 in my pursuit to complete all the games in the QuByte Classics Series. Only the EU stack of Beat 'Em Up Archives to go, which will be a headache as I didn't enjoy the NA stack too much, but I've come too far to stop at the last hurdle of that mini-goal.

Also got fastest achiever on Risky Woods, which means I've currently got the fastest time on 9/16 in the series, which is nice.

Race to level 973:

- Super Sami Roll - 100% - 1,335 points

- Risky Woods - 100% - 1,320 points

Points remaining: 3,570

Level 973

16L3856f2.png

Superola Champion EditionDian Fossey - 5 achievers - 9.80% rarity. Complete Gorilla Attack without shooting.

A decently fun autorunner, so long as you ignore the outdated references. Has an annoying glitchy trophy that cost me fastest achiever. Enjoyed it enough that I'll do the PS4 stack as you get both PS4/5 when you buy it.

Race to level 974:

- Hidden Cats in New York [PS4 + PS5] - 100% - 2,700 points

- Superola Champion Edition [EU PS5] - 100% - 1,350

Points remaining: 3,120

Level 974

29Lc81988.png

Twin BreakerYou never give me your money - 1,785 achievers - 53.96% rarity. Decline to buy more health 10 times.

A fun spin on the Breakout formula. Broke my brain a little at times when four paddles were involved but the trophy list was more than manageable.

With that, my record-breaking month comes to an end:

- 37 games played (35 to 100%)
- 30 platinum (average rarity: 36.77%)
- 1,007 trophies (previous best: 822 in Aug 23)
- 14x fastest achiever
- 2x first achiever

I expect my next few level-ups to take longer. I plan on playing a few longer games in May and on 3rd May I'm getting a puppy, which will take away a good chunk of my time.

Race to level 975:

- Superola Champion Edition [EU PS4] - 100% - 1,350

- Dr. Fetus' Mean Meat Machine [PS5] - 100% - 1,290 points

- Twin Breaker [PS4] - 100% - 1,320

Points remaining: 2,760

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Level 975

1L551c13.png

The Outer Worlds - The Outer Worlds Platinum Trophy - 795 achievers - 7.47% rarity. Collected all trophies for The Outer Worlds.

Fallout in space delivered exactly what I expected. An enjoyable romp through the galaxy, tons of dialogue, a true feeling of freedom at times in how quests could be completed. My only gripe would be that the amount of items to collect is quite overwhelming, with a lot becoming redundant, to the point where about 60-70% through I was bored looking through so many containers and started streamlining quests. Once I do the Perils on Gorgon DLC I'll have the 100%.

Race to level 976:

- The Lost & The Wicked [EU PS4] - 100% - 1,350 points

- Hogwarts Legacy - 4%

- The Outer Worlds - 87%

Points remaining: 3,510

Edited by Nauticus87
  • Like 1