Can you play on the same account on a ps3 and a ps5 at the same time? Or is this not allowed?

No PS3 game has a shared trophy list with a PS5 version of the same game so it's always allowed according to the leaderboard rules. As long as you aren't playing the same game (trophy list) on multiple consoles you can earn trophies  on a PS3, a PS4, a PS5 AND a Vita at the same time without it being against any rules here. 

From the NOT FLAGGABLE section of the leaderboard rules:

"Playing Multiple Consoles* - Playing on multiple different consoles at the same time, as long as they’re different games, is allowed (e.g. you can play a PS4 game and Vita game simultaneously). “Trophy teams” working together in this manner are also allowed."

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

No PS3 game has a shared trophy list with a PS5 version of the same game so it's always allowed according to the leaderboard rules. As long as you aren't playing the same game (trophy list) on multiple consoles you can earn trophies  on a PS3, a PS4, a PS5 AND a Vita at the same time without it being against any rules here. 

"Playing Multiple Consoles* - Playing on multiple different consoles at the same time, as long as they’re different games, is allowed (e.g. you can play a PS4 game and Vita game simultaneously). “Trophy teams” working together in this manner are also allowed."

Awesome thank you so much for this! So are trophy Teams friends and family that work together on the same account on different platforms?

So you legally allowed to say Play Ratchet and clank nexus (PS3) going for platinum while your friend or family go for The last of us platinum on ps5?

one last question does this mess trophies up at all do you know or will they all just sync up.

So the ps3 account can't be on multiplayer the same time as the ps5 account? sorry for all the questions!

6 minutes ago, GamingMethodist said:

Awesome thank you so much for this! So are trophy Teams friends and family that work together on the same account on different platforms?

So you legally allowed to say Play Ratchet and clank nexus (PS3) going for platinum while your friend or family go for The last of us platinum on ps5?

one last question does this mess trophies up at all do you know or will they all just sync up.

So the ps3 account can't be on multiplayer the same time as the ps5 account? sorry for all the questions!

In short, all of the above is perfectly fine to execute, and trophies don’t mess up. 

If you have the PS5 set to not being connected to the internet for example while playing multiplayer on PS3, you will encounter no issues playing both games at the same time. This set up will also apply to any combination of playing PS3, PS4 or PS5 simultaneously. 

I hope this helps. 

Edited by GothGirlMaxine

Personally, I've experienced no issues being logged in on both PS3 and PS5 (I've had both logged in a couple times so that I could download Rock Band DLC to both consoles at the same time).

It only forcibly logs you out of the PS3 if you stream a PS3 game (like Jetpack Joyride Deluxe right now) from the PS5.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

In short, all of the above is perfectly fine to execute, and trophies don’t mess up. 

If you have the PS5 set to not being connected to the internet for example while playing multiplayer on PS3, you will encounter no issues playing both games at the same time. This set up will also apply to any combination of playing PS3, PS4 or PS5 simultaneously. 

I hope this helps. 

Yeah its massively helped thank you so much! Im currently on Blur online on ps3 multiplayer 

While terraria is running on the ps5 and I'm still able to play online on Blur ps3 is this normal? or will it simply kick me off if I attempt MULTIPLAYER on both at the same time? 

That's my last question lol! 

and I'm guessing trophy teams are friends and family.

I've also never had any trouble being connected to the internet on 2 consoles at the same time tbh. I use my PS3 occasionally to help people farm online trophies in GTA IV while I play games on my PS5.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GamingMethodist said:

Yeah its massively helped thank you so much! Im currently on Blur online on ps3 multiplayer 

While terraria is running on the ps5 and I'm still able to play online on Blur ps3 is this normal? or will it simply kick me off if I attempt MULTIPLAYER on both at the same time? 

That's my last question lol! 

and I'm guessing trophy teams are friends and family.

No worries! 

In terms of attempting to play 2 multiplayer games at once, I cannot say I have ever attempted that haha. 

Trophy teams are generally anyone who share one account and earn trophies to that one account. Of course, it would only be people you trust, but for example, if you and me or someone else were to play games to sync trophies to 1 account, then that would be an example of trophy teams.

4 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I've also never had any trouble being connected to the internet on 2 consoles at the same time tbh. I use my PS3 occasionally to help people farm online trophies in GTA IV while I play games on my PS5.

Now that you mention it, I think the issue arises mostly in PS4 & PS5 being used simultaneously.

Edited by GothGirlMaxine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

No worries! 

In terms of attempting to play 2 multiplayer games at once, I cannot say I have ever attempted that haha. 

Trophy teams are generally anyone who share one account and earn trophies to that one account. Of course, it would only be people you trust, but for example, if you and me or someone else were to play games to sync trophies to 1 account, then that would be an example of trophy teams.

Now that you mention it, I think the issue arises mostly in PS4 & PS5 being used simultaneously.

Awesome that's everything swnserd for me now! thank you so much for your help its been amazing.

15 minutes ago, ecservin said:

Personally, I've experienced no issues being logged in on both PS3 and PS5 (I've had both logged in a couple times so that I could download Rock Band DLC to both consoles at the same time).

It only forcibly logs you out of the PS3 if you stream a PS3 game (like Jetpack Joyride Deluxe right now) from the PS5.

Awesome thank you!

50 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Thank you so much for your help!

• Like 1

Seems there's a bit of a confusion here.

You can be on ps network on PS3, PS4, PS5, and vita all on the same time.

Playing the same mp game is the issue, meaning you cant boost yourself with the same account. Like say a game has crossplay, you cant be on 2 consoles same account log into same "online' game.

3 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Seems there's a bit of a confusion here.

You can be on ps network on PS3, PS4, PS5, and vita all on the same time.

Playing the same mp game is the issue, meaning you cant boost yourself with the same account. Like say a game has crossplay, you cant be on 2 consoles same account log into same "online' game.

I don't think anyone seemed confused. What you said was already explicitly said earlier. Quoted directly from the leaderboard rules:

"Playing Multiple Consoles* - Playing on multiple different consoles at the same time, as long as they’re different games, is allowed (e.g. you can play a PS4 game and Vita game simultaneously). 

2 hours ago, GamingMethodist said:

I’m a bit confused I own a ps3 and a ps5 can you play games on the same account on both consoles at the same time or is this not possible or allowed? 

It's definitently allowed. I've played on my PS3 while doing an AFK grind on the PS4 (or vise-versa), and popped trophies on both. Was always able to connect both to PSN too.

IIRC, what's not allowed is playing the exact same game on two consoles at the same time. Not 100% sure on this part though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yuber6969 said:

IIRC, what's not allowed is playing the exact same game on two consoles at the same time. Not 100% sure on this part though.

Consider a [offline single player] game requiring a minimum of 2 playthroughs in which you must make different choices throughout the run, or a game with open ended trophies which can be obtained in almost any order. If 2 people ran the same game on separate consoles for the same psn account, and playing at the same time, that entails an inordinate time advantage toward “Fastest 100% Achievers.” Not sure why anyone would though, as you can only have 1 save file of the same game in your PS+ cloud anyway.

I play multiple consoles at the same time very frequently, it’s not against the rules, many times I’ll play ps3-vita-ps3 at the same time and other times it’s ps4-ps4-ps5, heck sometimes I have 6 displays running 6 diff games at the same time, it’s a legitimate way to earn trophies fast 

the only time it’s not allowed on this site is when you play the same console and same game (same stack) at the same time example is playing infamous on two ps3s at the same time to get both endings at the same time which would be impossible normally, 

On 3/23/2024 at 12:12 AM, EqualityEarth said:

Consider a [offline single player] game requiring a minimum of 2 playthroughs in which you must make different choices throughout the run, or a game with open ended trophies which can be obtained in almost any order. If 2 people ran the same game on separate consoles for the same psn account, and playing at the same time, that entails an inordinate time advantage toward “Fastest 100% Achievers.” Not sure why anyone would though, as you can only have 1 save file of the same game in your PS+ cloud anyway.

I don't get it why you mention cloud saves, you can have multiple local saves on consoles with the same account.

Fun fact related to playing on the same account: last week I played Rocked Arena on PS5 and PC together using one EA account, ofcourse I couldn't invite myself to match but matchmaking worked, it was different profile and stats because there was no cross-save.