Help getting the Editions button

ForlornBee9016

So I've been playing on the digital version, but recently borrowed the correct physical version from a friend. I cannot get the editions button to appear, I've tried like four different methods to a t. Wiped data, reinstalled multiple times, but nothing is working. What method worked for you, and am I just screwed?

Got em by playing on PS4

Edited by ForlornBee9016
  • Like 1

The exploits for getting to work, are really temperamental but there's a decent sized list here of the various ones you can use: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/82835-is-it-possible-to-get-the-mini-game-trophies-without-the-editions-version/

Ultimately though, if you can't get any of them to work, your only option is to write off these trophies and focus on the ones you can get :(.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Would disconnecting from the internet, deleting the game & playing at 1.00 work? Or were the multiplayer modes not available on 1.00?

Nope, the MP was added with 2 patches about a year apart so downgrading is waste of time here :(.

• Like 2

Have you tried this method @ForlornBee9016 ?

and did it a few days back. I didn’t need to have any alt accounts or deactivate/reactive primary as mentioned in other replies, so this is what I did:

1. If you’ve already played the newer version, completely delete the installation and any local save data.
  2. Turn off the internet on your PlayStation.
  3. Install the old disc version.
  4. Launch the game, start a world, play a bit if you want, save and quit. Close the game.
  5. Turn the internet back on and allow the game to update to the latest version.
  6. Launch the game again, it should recognise you played an older version, welcome you to the new version, ask if you want to migrate your old world, etc.
  7. Editions button should now be in your menu, allowing you to get into the minigame modes.

Edited February 27 by igs63

• Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 5:25 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Have you tried this method @ForlornBee9016 ?

and did it a few days back. I didn’t need to have any alt accounts or deactivate/reactive primary as mentioned in other replies, so this is what I did:

1. If you’ve already played the newer version, completely delete the installation and any local save data.
  2. Turn off the internet on your PlayStation.
  3. Install the old disc version.
  4. Launch the game, start a world, play a bit if you want, save and quit. Close the game.
  5. Turn the internet back on and allow the game to update to the latest version.
  6. Launch the game again, it should recognise you played an older version, welcome you to the new version, ask if you want to migrate your old world, etc.
  7. Editions button should now be in your menu, allowing you to get into the minigame modes.

Edited February 27 by igs63

Nah that didn't work. I'll try to get it to work on my PS4 when I get it back from a friend 

57 minutes ago, AngusHac said:

I got Minecraft for free at PS Store in my japanese account years ago and the Editions button keep showing to me.

I think it's a easy solution for those who are trying.

That only happened, because you played Minecraft before the Bedrock Updated landed, the removal glitch only affects those you didn't start playing until after Bedrock landed :(.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

That only happened, because you played Minecraft before the Bedrock Updated landed, the removal glitch only affects those you didn't start playing until after Bedrock landed :(.

But a friend of mine that never played Minecraft before tried my account and appeared for him too. And when I loggin in others accounts of mine that never played Minecraft the button appears too. 

Maybe trying to send a personal message to a japanese player who got the trophies recently it's a way to confirm this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngusHac said:

But a friend of mine that never played Minecraft before tried my account and appeared for him too. And when I loggin in others accounts of mine that never played Minecraft the button appears too. 

Maybe trying to send a personal message to a japanese player who got the trophies recently it's a way to confirm this. 

That's strange, maybe the JP version never got the killswitch part of the Bedrock update that broke the game for everyone else 🤔?

• Like 1

Yesterday, I activated a Japanese account from a friend on my console and the editions button appeared to me.

I had already earned several trophies in the base game and in other expansions.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 5:11 AM, Lenhani said:

Yesterday, I activated a Japanese account from a friend on my console and the editions button appeared to me.

I had already earned several trophies in the base game and in other expansions.

So JP version is confirmed to have Editions button? Good thing I have a JP account...

14 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

So JP version is confirmed to have Editions button? Good thing I have a JP account...

Yes, I was able to earn all the editions trophies days ago.

• Like 1