Why do so many people care about if there is a platinum or not in a game?

draqilo

I remember from my PST days that a few people initially refused playing games that didn't had a platinum. It could perhaps be that they viewed it as an incomplete list, or it could simply be due to a personal quirk of theirs.

ย 

Personally, I'm thankful I've never had this issue as that would mean missing out on many good games.๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

4 hours ago, draqilo said:

Title.

ย 

Opinion:

I can't understand why so much people cares about if there a platinum or not in a game? If there no platinum I would still 100% the game.

I play games with out a platinum all the time, actually I like to see the green โœ… when I got the 100%

44 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

people initially refused playing games that didn't had a platinum.

ย 

It could perhaps be that they viewed it as an incomplete list, or it could simply be due to a personal quirk of theirs.

ย 

I'm thankful I've never had this issue as that would mean missing out on many good games.๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

People still refuse to play games that haven't got a platinum. Sad but true.

ย 

Yes and No, they have OCD to some degree as well.ย 

ย 

I totally agree about missing out on good games.

ย 

Edited by TheDarkKratos

Well platinums are the hardest trophy type and carry the most amount of trophy points and for some reason not all games have them. You can also show them off to let others know you fully completed the trophy list from a game, without it, you have no way of showing off.
Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto

4 hours ago, RufianRivas said:

The more platinums, the longer the penis.

ย 

Unless they're shovelware, Peppa Pig plats - in which case you're transitioning.

ย 

By your own logic yours must be very small then.

Edited by Laxus
  • Haha 1

Because you're supposed to. Simple as that. People act like there's something wrong with wanting Platinums in games, but we're supposed to want them.

ย 

It's the top dog trophy, it's the king of trophies, it's the ultimate goal of trophy hunting. It was literally designed that way. It's what sets us apart from Achievements...having that Ultimate end goal prize in a game. Sure, practically everything has DLC now, so the 100% (post Platinum) is also a goal to have...but it's not the Platinum.

ย 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with games that don't have Plats, but I find it FAR more strange how we're trying to normalize this idea that Platinums don't matter anymore, when they've always been the centerpiece of trophy hunting.

• Like 1